TEAM: Run Track Minds (November)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• AB0215
    edited October 2019
    c4mkzy9q51wd.jpg
    HELLO TEAM!
    WELCOME TO NOVEMBER 2019!
    kiekqpdfx4vf.jpg

As taking part in this challenge your only requirement is to weigh in weekly. Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh-in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!! Please set-up your posts in the format below as it really makes it much easier to see your post to track properly.
    Your weekly weigh-in posts should look like this:
    Username: johicks
    Week: Sunday, August Week 5 (8/25)
    PW: 248.4
    CW: 248.0
    below are optional
    One thing I did well: - optional
    One thing to improve: - optional

...to make it easier, copy and paste from week to week.
    *PW = previous weight, for week #1 it is your starting weight (SW)
    *CW = current weight
  • AB0215
    Also optional is taking part in the daily mini-challenge. v (see the next post) v

We are also going to continue with an optional Mini-Challenge this month somewhat based on “Daily Post for Ultimate Accountability.” First and foremost is that participation in the mini-challenge is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this, the choice is yours. I encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and think about our habits /goals on a daily basis. It's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

Our RTM Daily Posts Challenge follow these basic rules:
    • #1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    • #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    • #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    • #4. Check-in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).
    • #5. Work towards healthier habits (you choose: increase water, journaling, self-care, overall wellness)
    It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgment-free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on.

**REMEMBER**
    -You set your own daily budget.
    -You choose your own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10-mile run.)
    -It is not weight-based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    -Daily check-in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer-term weight management is hard to do on your own.

Your optional mini-challenge posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)
    Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (under /over)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Healthier habits: (you choose: a variety of exercise, increase water, journaling, affirmations, self-care, positive self-talk, being kind to yourself, positive outlook, overall wellness, morning routine, night routine)
    Goals or Day: (Share a brief description about you, your day, your goals for the day, whatever you want)
  • AB0215
    And on a side note: @Pearl4686 is your Co-Captain and will be keeping up with you guys and for the time being I will be assisting with the admin side, we may be updating the team with a new Captain this month.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Woohoo, looking forward to a new month! 👋
  • heyjude0225
    heyjude0225 Posts: 913 Member
    Here we go again
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Hi Team!

I am back this month and ready to dive headfirst back into my healthy journey! I had been apart of this time from February until September. September ended up being a rough month on the journey so I missed a couple of weigh-ins so took a break from the challenge for October. I was able to get back to my healthy lifestyle though and lost 5 pounds in October through MFP just without the support of the team. But I am excited to be back! I've lost about 30 pounds since February with 23 to go! In the home stretch! I plan to add exercise back into my life this month, as I have the eating pretty much down as a habit at this point. So I will definitely need some cheerleaders to help me stay motivated in the exercise department!

Also, @AB0215 I don't want to jump the gun, but I'd like to throw my hat in the ring to help @Pearl4686 as Co-Captain, if you are looking for someone.
  • AB0215
    edited October 2019
    jwall309 wrote: »
    Also, @AB0215 I don't want to jump the gun, but I'd like to throw my hat in the ring to help @Pearl4686 as Co-Captain, if you are looking for someone.

@jwall309 Welcome back!
    I (and I'm sure @Pearl4686 ) would absolutely love another pair of hands. That would be wonderful. I'll need a gmail email address and I'll give you more info in the next few days, it's a busy week for me with registrations.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    AB0215 wrote: »

@jwall309 Welcome back!
    I (and I'm sure @Pearl4686 ) would absolutely love another pair of hands. That would be wonderful. I'll need a gmail email address and I'll give you more info in the next few days, it's a busy week for me with registrations.

Absolutely! That would be wonderful!
  • jwall309

@jwall309 Welcome back!

Great! I sent you a private message with my gmail.
  • somum
    somum Posts: 72 Member
    Username: SoMum
    Week: Starting week(brand new to MFP)
    SW:226lbs
  • AB0215

@jwall309 Welcome back!

Great! I sent you a private message with my gmail.

@jwall309 Can you re-send it, I didn't get it for some reason.
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,348 Member
    Hello everyone, after being away for 2 months of this group i am back and trying to get myself on track again
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,348 Member
    Username: Minion_training_program
    Week: Thursday, November week 1 (31-10)
    Startweight: 100,1 kg / 220,68 lbs

• angiesjourney
    angiesjourney Posts: 66 Member
    I wasn’t good at all about posting daily. But the fact that i has to weigh in every Friday was great accountability. My goal for this new month is to post daily!!
  • Pearl4686
    Welcome to you all!
  • jwall309
    Alright team, for those of you already checking in on the thread, I need some help/motivation/tips! I recently started a new job that is amazing, but I can see becoming a bit of a challenge to my weight loss goals. We are a nonprofit that focuses on ending childhood hunger, so we have A LOT of restaurant and chef partners. That means that for the holidays our office receives a TON of food gifts, catered meals, etc.

I have one of those events coming up tonight. I am working an event that is catered by a renowned chef in my city and I want to find a balance tonight (and for future work related food situations) where I can enjoy meals that I would not normally splurge on or have access to, but also stay on track with my healthy lifestyle journey.

Any ideas/tip to help find that balance?
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Alright team, for those of you already checking in on the thread, I need some help/motivation/tips! I recently started a new job that is amazing, but I can see becoming a bit of a challenge to my weight loss goals. We are a nonprofit that focuses on ending childhood hunger, so we have A LOT of restaurant and chef partners. That means that for the holidays our office receives a TON of food gifts, catered meals, etc.

I have one of those events coming up tonight. I am working an event that is catered by a renowned chef in my city and I want to find a balance tonight (and for future work related food situations) where I can enjoy meals that I would not normally splurge on or have access to, but also stay on track with my healthy lifestyle journey.

Any ideas/tip to help find that balance?

If I am anticipating a dinner or evening splurge, I skip a meal earlier in the day. Occasionally I will even fast the whole day. If that's not an option for you, an idea would be to borrow some calories from other days in the week so it all balances out by the end of the week.
  • jwall309
    edited October 2019
    Thats a good idea @skullsandskeletons ! I tend to do that without really thinking about it. I usually eat fewer cals during the week to accommodate higher calorie weekend days, just as habit. But you're right, if I put the effort into being intentional about it, I can balance out my weeks! Thank you! :)
  • Pearl4686
    Hey team!
    @jwall309 aka Jessica has kindly offered to co-captain the team, and will be helping out with checking the thread regularly and cheering people on.
    Please give her a warm welcome and THANK YOU <3<3<3
This discussion has been closed.