Replies

• DDay2020
    DDay2020 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Username: DDay2020
    Week: 11/3
    PW: 247.6
    CW: 250.2

Things I did well:40-75 min of cardio x 7, Mobility Everyday, lifted 5 of 7 days
    Long term goal: It is 10 weeks until January 1, 2020. I have done 41of my 50 workout goal. I do cardio, weights and mobility regularly. I was sick Friday and Saturday, so I was not able to workout for 2 days. I gained 2.6 pounds this week. Not a good week.
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Rozbee1 wrote: »
    Rozbee1

LW 178.4 ?
    CW 170.4

We had you down with a previous weight of 180 so amazing job this week!!
  • mama_healthy21
    mama_healthy21 Posts: 191 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes, weights and cardio
    Healthier habits: Challenging myself with a new strength training workout and journaling.
    Goals or Day: Food choices were good today, tried some new things like a new protein powder and egg whites!
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Wednesday
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no

Overall a good day! I am finding myself getting more critical of the way my body looks as I get smaller though. At the same time I am gaining more confidence. Weird!
  • CrystalEssex
    CrystalEssex Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    jwall309 wrote: »
    Daily Post Tuesday

Finding it also hard when I mentally plan out my meals then BF doesn't want what I planned for dinner or something else comes up. How do you guys cope when your plan for the day doesn't work out? This week I've been experiencing a lot of this type of problem

@jwall309 I completely agree! My husband has always been thin and he is gaining weight like crazy. My weight has always been unstable, so I have always had to battle this, but it has definitely been a problem the past few months. We are literally always on the go. My house work has suffered and I barely cook anymore. But, I told him that although we are on the go constantly it doesn't give us the excuse to eat horrible. So I just bought groceries and I am making it a point to cook and have something in the fridge that we can just grab and go, sometimes it might even just be a bag full of veggies and nuts.

You're not alone! I am in this with you! And WE CAN DO THIS!
  • Kathie_GoGo
    Kathie_GoGo Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories (goal 1200): On target
    Activity: House work
    Daily Step Goal Streak: 11
  • jwall309
    Options
    jwall309 wrote: »
    Daily Post Tuesday

Finding it also hard when I mentally plan out my meals then BF doesn't want what I planned for dinner or something else comes up. How do you guys cope when your plan for the day doesn't work out? This week I've been experiencing a lot of this type of problem

@jwall309 I completely agree! My husband has always been thin and he is gaining weight like crazy. My weight has always been unstable, so I have always had to battle this, but it has definitely been a problem the past few months. We are literally always on the go. My house work has suffered and I barely cook anymore. But, I told him that although we are on the go constantly it doesn't give us the excuse to eat horrible. So I just bought groceries and I am making it a point to cook and have something in the fridge that we can just grab and go, sometimes it might even just be a bag full of veggies and nuts.

You're not alone! I am in this with you! And WE CAN DO THIS!

You are so right about this, we just need to stop using the busy excuse! Tonight we have yet another event after work, but we both decided on the metro into work this morning that no matter what we needed to come home after the event and cook something instead of just popping into a restaurant. We can do this, its just about habits and discipline!
  • jwall309
    Options
    @joehlrich @jupollock @oamaka2014 make sure to weigh in before Saturday so that we can count you towards our goal! Reminder that two missing weigh-ins means you will no longer be able to count your weight loss towards the team goals!
  • jwall309
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: Over
    Exercise: None
    Day: BF decided to invite friends over to the new place, which was lovely and always fun, but also always comes with peer pressure for drinks and food. I ended up giving in to the drinks and had a few, but really pushed myself to make a healthy decision when it came to ordering food. We ordered Thai and I went with lemongrass chicken without rice and an avocado sushi roll. Baby steps to getting back on track.

My body is not happy with all of the takeout we've been eating. My stomach is killing me today, just a sign that my healthy eating has become something my body prefers over everything else and I just need to listen to my body and give it what it needs.
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,363 Member
    Options
    Username: Minion_training_program
    Week: Thursday, November week 1 (7-11)
    PW: 100,1 kg / 220,68 lbs
    CW: 99,5 kg / 219,36 lbs
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I have a couple of NSVs that I’m super happy about, and wanted to share. For the first time in a long time someone actually noticed my weightloss. A friend’s mom said, “you’ve lost weight!” Im really happy because it means what I’m doing is working.
    I’m really proud of the way that I’ve been losing weight as well. I’m not restricting myself - I’m just eating smaller portions and getting exercise. I have a friend who keeps talking about “making sacrifices and restrictions, etc,” and to me that just doesn’t sound fun or sustainable. So I’m super happy that I’m losing weight very slowly because I’m learning not to restrict myself, but to just take it easy. That is the real mindset change that is definitely to sustain this journey.

I also try to get more steps in. I’m a teacher, and my planning period is right before my lunch. So I go ahead and eat, and then I take a few minutes to get a mile-long walk in. It’s a way to get out of my classroom, clear my head, and get my steps in. It’s been really great, and something I (usually) look forward to, especially if I haven’t been moving around a lot during the day. I hope everybody has a good rest of the week!

Happy losing!!
  • jwall309
    Options
    @red1185 Those are both amazing! I remember the first time (which was recently) that a friend who knows I’ve been trying to lose weight said “you are looking so slim!” I was so happy and i definitely think about it when I’m struggling.

Great job with moving more and getting steps in! These are great NSVs! Those are such a huge motivator in this journey especially when the scale isn’t reflecting how we feel, what we see, etc.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Thursday
    Track: yes, I track everything
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes, walked dogs
    Healthier Habits: clean up clutter, one pile at a time
    Goals: focus on eating mindfully and only when truly hungry, walk more
    Am I happy with my progress today: Yes! I made good choices today. 😄

Still can’t do much because of my thumb but it’s healing nicely.

I’m really happy with the progress I’ve made with eating mindfully. I’m much more aware of whether I’m actually hungry or it’s false hunger.

My weight trending app results are proof positive that the effort I’m putting in is working. 🥳
  • mama_healthy21
    mama_healthy21 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Household projects
    Healthier habits: Planning meals and meeting my water intake goal
    Goals or Day: I was under the weather today, and a little discouraged after getting a glimpse of my lower body in mirror. However, I have so much to be grateful for! I've been working hard at being consistent and I know my body has been changing for the better! My goal is to continue to plan and measure my meals. I was able to complete my tracking earlier today, yay! Also, I made a better choice, instead eating a whole slice cake that was given to me, I ate about a 1/3 of a slice and enjoyed it ...will save the rest for another day! This was definitely a victory, today!
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Thursday
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: over
    Exercise: no

So I indulged today but planned to. I went over by almost 900 calories. That negates one day of a 500 calorie deficit plus the 400 I was already under after combining my deficits from earlier in the week. If I stay on track until Sunday I should either stay the same or lose 0.5-1 pound.
  • somum
    somum Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    @Kathie_GoGo Thanks Kathie! Sadly I’m not on Facebook ( I know I’m the only one on the planet lol) but I will totally try to follow this mindset of running the year💆‍♀️🙏😇I actually am on the running challenge group and just committed myself to complete an ultra by EOY 2020! I am also slated to run the half next week and a full in the spring so I am definitely dialed in and getting back to the things I love😁🏃‍♀️

Thanks again for all your encouragement and support! So thankful for these communities which I had no idea was available! Applied knowledge is power!
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    AmyG1982
    November week 1
    Weigh day Friday
    PW 249
    CW 236.6
  • Kathie_GoGo
    Options
    somum wrote: »
    @Kathie_GoGo Thanks Kathie! Sadly I’m not on Facebook ( I know I’m the only one on the planet lol) but I will totally try to follow this mindset of running the year💆‍♀️🙏😇I actually am on the running challenge group and just committed myself to complete an ultra by EOY 2020! I am also slated to run the half next week and a full in the spring so I am definitely dialed in and getting back to the things I love😁🏃‍♀️

Thanks again for all your encouragement and support! So thankful for these communities which I had no idea was available! Applied knowledge is power!

@somum Running an ultra by eoy 2020 is an amazing goal. Best wishes in your challenge! The FB group is only 1 part of the Run the Year Challenge. My 2 team mates don't belong to FB. For me it's easy to track my miles on the RTY website and the badges motivate me sometimes when I lose my mojo 😎
  • Kathie_GoGo
    Options
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories (goal 1200): On target
    Activity: House work
    Daily Step Goal Streak: 12
  • runnergirl_69
    runnergirl_69 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Username: @runnergirl_69