TEAM: Run Track Minds (November)

Options

Replies

• midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I got off the rails last week...I just lost my motivation, got focused on other stuff, and before I knew it, I wasn't pre-tracking, then I wasn't posting my daily updates, then I wasn't really tracking. Part of it was that I just didn't do my meal and snack prep last weekend and I know myself better than to think I just wing it or "go to the store and grab something real quick on the way to work." Also, I'm out of touch with what is impulsive eating.

It's so easy for me to convince myself that I'm being mindful about whatever I'm deciding to eat totally fits in my calorie budget or is maybe a little bit of a splurge but totally worth it. I wish I could come up with some kind of flow chart about "should I eat this" but ultimately no that won't get at the root cause of the problem. What I can do is this (1) keep posting/journaling about what I recognize after the fact as compulsive eating so I can try to recognize the difference in the future or at least stay accountable (2) keep preparing and preparing (3) keep tracking and ideally pre-tracking (4) remember how deep the roots of this eating behavior go and know that unlearning it and rebuilding my relationship with food has a long way to go.

Here's my weigh in if it can still be used :neutral:
    Username: Midsummer174627
    November week 1
    Weigh day Saturday
    PW 148
    CW 147.8
  • mama_healthy21
    mama_healthy21 Posts: 191 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    jwall309 wrote: »
    AB0215 wrote: »
    CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WEEK 1 WINNER 1st - @Rozbee1. - 5.33%
    8tykpzq6wd4b.jpg
    AND TO RUN TRACK MINDS FOR TAKING 1ST PLACE IN WEEK 1!!

November Week 1 is now in the books!

Great job everyone! Motivation is high typically for Week 1 and the results really show! Great job everyone!!!

As a whole across all teams we are not carrying 127.1 less pounds around! Fantastic! Let's see what we can do for Week 2?!

Below are the full results for Week 1.

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - @Rozbee1. - 5.33%
    2nd - @AmyG1982. - 4.98%
    3rd - @gboles79. - 2.64%

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    1st - Run Track Minds. - 0.92%
    2nd - The Big Butt Theory. - 0.63%
    3rd - The Slimsons. - 0.54%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:

The Big Butt Theory
    1st - @gboles79. - 2.64%
    2nd - @Mandy5379. - 1.85%
    3rd - @Shortgirlrunning. - 1.76%

The Slimsons
    1st - @Smallhippo1. - 2.63%
    2nd - @AB0215. - 2.40%
    3rd - @VarangianGuard. - 2.31%

Gutbusters
    1st - @TheeSunShine75. - 1.38%
    2nd - @looneycatblue. - 1.30%
    3rd - @helpers1. - 1.12%

Run Track Minds
    1st - @Rozbee1. - 5.33%
    2nd - @AmyG1982. - 4.98%
    3rd - @SoMum. - 2.57%

Flab-U-Less
    1st - @ToadstoolBetty. - 2.38%
    2nd - @MyHealthSanctuary. - 1.52%
    3rd - @pizzamyheart. - 1.43%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost
    1st - @AmyG1982. - 12.4 lbs.
    2nd - @Rozbee1. - 9.6 lbs.
    3rd - @SoMum. - 5.8 lbs.

Overall Pounds Lost by Team
    The Big Butt Theory - 25.7 lbs.
    The Slimsons - 28.6 lbs.
    Gutbusters - 7.3 lbs.
    Run Track Minds - 44.9 lbs.
    Flab-U-Less - 20.6 lbs.

Overall Total Lost: 127.1 lbs

Week 1 Snapshot
    y0qftzjy9uic.png

OMG CONGRATS TEAM!!! We did it! Such an amazing way to kick off this challenge! I'm so proud of everyone, this is truly a team effort.

Also huge shoutout to @LyndaBSS , @Kathie_GoGo , and @skullsandskeletons for posting EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. That is a huge accomplishment and is so encouraging to myself and the rest of the team. Keep up the amazing work!!!

I loved reading about everyone's journeys and hearing from everyone else who has checked in here this past week. Lets keep it up and I hope that even more of the team reaches out even just to say hello! We can do this! Lets kick off this second week just as strongly as we ended the first one!

Great job everyone!😊
  • mama_healthy21
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes. Weights and walking. 45 min
    Healthier habits: Journaling and meal planning
    Goals or Day: Feeling better today, was able to exercise outside, the weather was great! Still practicing prepping meals and tracking ahead of time.😊
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Monday
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise no

Stressed out with a deadline but made good choices!
  • CrystalEssex
    CrystalEssex Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Username: CrystalEssex
    Weigh in week: November, Week 2
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 111.7
    Todays Weight: 111.3

I had a horrible week, and was sure I was going to gain. I am ecstatic that I lost half a #! I got some pretty horrible news on Thursday and have been about 100-300 calories over everyday since then and have eaten take out two nights in a row, had ice cream twice and have been eating chocolate. I've definitely been eating my feelings, so this is a major victory!
  • Kathie_GoGo
    Kathie_GoGo Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories (goal 1200): On target
    Activity: 5K virtual run
    Daily Step Goal Streak: Day 1 = the start of the next streak. Here I go again 🚶🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♂️😉
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    @midsummer174627 unfortunately I need weights by EOD Saturday to have them count for the week! But, thats ok, weigh in this weekend and we will be good to go!
  • jwall309
    Options
    Hang in there, @CrystalEssex ! Sorry to hear about your horrible news. Emotional eating can get the best of us but it looks like you are moderating it somewhat considering your loss this week! But we are all here for you, I hope this week is a better week.
  • jwall309
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track: yes
    Calories: over
    Exercise: YES! Completed a C25K session today and did some body weight exercises! Time to get back into a fitness routine.
    Day: A good day off with BF, hit the gym in the morning then went to a market to get some lunch, then ended the day with wine by our new fire pit!! Was a nice day worth some of the indulgences and counterbalanced by finely getting in some purposeful exercise!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday
    Track: yes, I track everything
    Exercise: yes, walked dogs
    Healthier Habits: clean up clutter, one pile at a time
    Goals: focus on eating mindfully and only when truly hungry, walk more
    Am I happy with my progress today: Yes! I made good choices today. 😄

• mama_healthy21
    Options
    Daily Post Tuesday
    Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: No, but active housework
    Healthier habits: Tracking and planning
    Goals or Day:This sinus thing/cold keeps hanging around,🙄🤧I should probably rest more! Same goal, planning and prepping meals.
  • somum
    somum Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday
    Track: yes, I track everything
    Calories: over (1200 cal goal not counting exercise)
    Exercise: yes, elliptical, walking, stairs, planks, push ups( we got a new puppy but due to short schedule he has to be carried lol so walking the dog or more like carrying the dog as I walk)
    Healthier Habits: mindfulness and focus on the big picture why
    Goals: prepare mentally for the half marathon on Saturday and get plenty of rest and properly fuel my body this week as I will need it
    Am I happy with my progress today: Yes! I made good choices considering the new changes in schedule and fitting it all in.

Ps. Catching up on posts- so happy we are doing so great as a team! Way to go everyone! Praying for big loses this week and after the race on Saturday. And while my weigh in time is before the race I hope the work will reflect on the scale.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Tuesday
    Tracked: yes
    Exercise: no

I did well today!
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Tuesday
    Calories: Over goal, under maintenance.
    Exercise: Yes, spin class
    Nov habit: No compulsive eating: ] I would say yes, I didn't do any compulsive eating but boy there was a while this afternoon when I just couldn't stop thinking about candy
    NSV:
    My Why Today: Being authentic.
    Goals or Day: Super busy, not quite enough sleep. Today would have been a hot mess if I hadn't planned and packed food for the day!
  • DDay2020
    DDay2020 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Username: DDay2020
    Week: 11/10
    PW: 250.2
    CW: 244.5

Things I did well:40-75 min of cardio x 7, Mobility Everyday, lifted 5 of 7 days
    Long term goal: It is 7 weeks until January 1, 2020. I have done 48 of my 50 workout goal. I do cardio, weights and mobility regularly. I gained 2.6 pounds last week. I did nothing to justify a 2.6 pound weight gain last week and I did nothing to justify a 4.7 pound weight loss this week. After the holidays are over I think only weighing in once a month will be better for me. I took a waist measurement and I’m down 2 inches so all in all I’m thrilled with the progress this week.
  • Kathie_GoGo
    Options
    Username: Kathie_GoGo
    Weigh in week: NOV Week 2
    Weigh in day: Wed
    Previous Week's weight: 153.6 pounds
    Today's Weight: 153.2 pounds
  • Kathie_GoGo
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories (goal 1200): On target
    Activity: 1 mile walk 15 minutes
    Daily Step Goal Streak: Day 2
  • jwall309
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: Rest day....definitely overdid it Monday because my legs are SORE
    Day: Solid day back to work, I didn't pack enough lunch so was starving throughout the afternoon, but luckily I resisted snacking when I got home and just started dinner earlier than usual to accommodate my hunger. Made fried rice with chicken and really bulked up the rice with TONS of veggies so that I could eat a little more without as many calories. Even had some calories leftover for a little fruit and low calorie cool whip!
This discussion has been closed.