TEAM: Run Track Minds (November)

Options

Replies

• somum
    somum Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    @jwall309 Thanks Jessica for all your support in advance!
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hi all, I’m Amy. I’m 37 and have 2 kids (almost 4 and 7 months). I kept my weight gain low during my last pregnancy (tho I was still quite over weight) but some postpartum depression had me eating my emotions and I’m now about 20 lbs heavier than I was at the end of my pregnancy! Yikes. Just got back to MFP and good habits last week so the timing of this challenge is perfect for me. Looking forward to getting to know you all (and destroying the competition ;)).
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    AmyG1982 wrote: »
    Hi all, I’m Amy. I’m 37 and have 2 kids (almost 4 and 7 months). I kept my weight gain low during my last pregnancy (tho I was still quite over weight) but some postpartum depression had me eating my emotions and I’m now about 20 lbs heavier than I was at the end of my pregnancy! Yikes. Just got back to MFP and good habits last week so the timing of this challenge is perfect for me. Looking forward to getting to know you all (and destroying the competition ;)).

Welcome Amy! I am the Queen of emotional eating! Reshaping my relationship with food has been a huge challenge for me and a part of my healthy lifestyle journey. We can help each other stay on track and combat the emotional eating!
  • bukkygb
    bukkygb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    @jwall309 @AmyG1982 Hi, glad to be here. I turn 39 nov 26. Mum of 3. I love working out but took the whole of October off. Added on about 10lbs. I am 5”7 (170cm) Goal is 158lbs. CW is 178. This forum is timely bcos I av my birthday coming up in 4 weeks. Want to see how much lb lost I gift myself.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    So, this is my first time carrying over to a new month. I want to be sure I understand the process.

All I need to do is weigh in here on Sunday as week 1 of November?

Also, with the daily posts. I do today and tomorrow in the October thread and then start my dailies here on Friday?

Sorry for all the questions. 😳
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    So, this is my first time carrying over to a new month. I want to be sure I understand the process.

All I need to do is weigh in here on Sunday as week 1 of November?

Also, with the daily posts. I do today and tomorrow in the October thread and then start my dailies here on Friday?

Sorry for all the questions. 😳

@LyndaBSS Sunday (Nov 3) is Week 1 of November and you weigh in here as normal.
  • somum
    somum Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am SoMum and this is my Starting week as I am brand new to MFP communities. Thanks in advance for creating this awesome platform to get to our best self. I am a former marathon runner and with a higher starting weight from life/medical challenges I hope to drop a significant amount of weight to get to my best self and return fully to running. Currently I am training for my first half marathon in over 6 years so I’m hoping to start well and finish strong.
    My goal with this forum is for inspiration and to challenge myself beyond limits while helping us win! Hopefully I will document the journey/stats correctly following the format and nudge us that much closer to winning against the other teams.

Many thanks,
    🙏🤗🤘
  • bukkygb
    bukkygb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    @somum good to have you here. I use to be a runner too. Hopefully I can go back to that. My last 1/2 marathon was 3 years back. I miss running though. Kept me in awesome shape physically, socially and mentally....
  • jwall309
    Options
    Welcome @somum and @bukkygb!!! Maybe you two runners will help me with motivation to finally finish the Couch to 5k app that I never manage to follow past week 3 :(
  • oamaka2014
    oamaka2014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I’m happy to be here. Been trying to drop these last few pounds for a long time without success. Looking forward to making it happen this time around with the motivation from everyone here.
  • AashishPC
    AashishPC Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Team. New to MFP. I'm looking to break the shackles of a sedentary desk life with many excuses for no excercise.

40yr male | CW 86.5KG/190.69lbs | TW 78KG/171.96

I hope to get fit overall and also target an upcoming half marathon in Feb. Great to see some runners in the group.

I'm up for the daily challenge also. I assume we post the daily challenge on the board right here?

Cheers
  • jupollock
    jupollock Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello folks! I was in the challenge last month and really enjoyed it - it helped to keep me focused until I was taken on an unexpected break which involved lots of food not cooked by me and I ended up gaining quite a few pounds. I did manage to keep up jogging while away though, haha! So it could have been worse.

Even taking that into account I still met my goal of losing one stone (14lbs) across the challenge so I'm really very happy overall!

I'd like to repeat that success and lose another stone across this month's challenge.

I've had some great non-scale victories, the proudest of which was my first ever 5km jog yesterday. I took my kids to stay at my mother in law's house on the bus and then jogged home. I only flipping did it! I have been following the couch to 5k program and I think it's amazing. I started on the first day over 20st and have lost over 2st (28lb) over the course of nine weeks. And my fitness has improved as if by magic.

I'd really really recommend the program to anyone wanting to start to jog - going out the first time is the hardest bit. None of it is easy but it's not impossible and if I can do it - so can anyone.
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,363 Member
    Options
    jupollock wrote: »
    raak6dhwqs4k.jpg
    This is what couch to 5k can do for you! From after my first ever session to after yesterday's 5km jog, nine weeks later.

Awesome job girl!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    @AashishPC Welcome! Yes, you will post your dailies here. Good luck!
  • CrystalEssex
    CrystalEssex Posts: 184 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hey team :smiley: I am back to MFP after an 8 month absence. Life happened and I thought I could maintain without tracking. So, here I am ready to re-loose the lbs I gained from my previous loss in 2017 these past 8 months, plus the few lbs I didn't loose that I wanted to. :sweat_smile:

33F - just under 4'8"
    SW 120 (BMI 28)
    CW 112.8 (BMI 26)
    GW 86-90 (BMI 20-21)

Felt great at 93lbs in Jan 2019. I'm happy if my body is happy :smiley:
    Lost 26 lbs last stretch on MFP, with close to 20 lbs in the first 2 months of tracking macros.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I’m Rachel. I’ve been part of this challenge since June, I believe. It helps me stay accountable. Even though I haven’t lost as much as I want, I have lost some weight, and MFP is always in the back of mind when I eat something to help me TRY to stay on track.
    That’s one big reason I’m posting now - I feel like I need to “confess” yesterday’s menu. It was obviously Halloween, but I went a little overboard with candy and wine.
    I had 2 glasses of wine with dinner at a restaurant, and then when I got home, my friend wanted another glass, so I figured I’d have one, too. That turned into an additional glass, so 4 glasses overall + Halloween candy all after dinner. So basically, yesterday was a bad day. I know one bad day doesn’t throw everything off, but it does make me feel bad, especially knowing I weigh in tomorrow. I’ve been doing so well, and I don’t want to completely derail everything.
    There are a couple things I’m proud of that I’m trying to hold on to. I didn’t eat my entire dinner- I took half of it home, so I have it for lunch today. I always try to ensure I have lots of vegetables with my meal - it helps me fill up without eating junk. As far as the candy is concerned, fortunately they were the “fun size,” and not the full size bars.
    I’m trying to make myself feel better, but I know yesterday was a bad day, and I am really afraid of what the scale is going to say tomorrow. Any encouragement or wisdom bites you awesome people may have would be awesome right now. I read y’alls posts which is always motivating, too. Thanks y’all!
    Happy losing!!!
  • CrystalEssex
    CrystalEssex Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    @red1185 Today is a new day :smiley: Aren't you glad your bad day is over!? <3 If the scale isn't your friend, there's always next week. Sometimes falling off reminds us of how badly it hurts. I need to fall off every once in a while to keep me motivated not to.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    @red1185 I find if I drink a ton of water the day after a bad day it often helps the scale. For me typically a bad weigh after just 1 bad day is water weight so drinking an obscene amount of water helps flush it out.
  • jwall309
    Options
    Rough afternoon here.....have been craving a reeses for two days, so decided to let myself have one since I'd literally been thinking about it for two days. But then there were free work cupcakes for participating in the building fire drill...... Lets just say I'm down to only 115 calories left for the day and its only 3:45 pm. Feels like today is just going to have to be a maintenance calorie day.....
This discussion has been closed.