LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Friday
    Track: yes, I track everything
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes, walked dogs, cleaned house
    Healthier Habits: clean up clutter
    Goals: focus on eating mindfully and only when truly hungry, walk more
    Am I happy with my progress today: Yes! I made good choices today.

I switched back to a loss rate of 1 lb/week today. I had recently changed to 0.5 lb/week and it just wasn’t working for me. Fingers crossed. 😊
  • somum
    somum Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Friday, Nov.1st
    Track: yes, I track everything
    Calories: at goal
    Exercise: yes, walk, cycle, Bodyweight exercise, run stairs
    Healthier Habits: mindfulness
    Goals: keeping the big picture top of mind and finishing strong in the half marathon I will run on Nov. 16th then register for full marathon in the spring 2020.
    Am I happy with my progress today: Yes! I made great choices despite work day stress and exceeded my step goal by leaps and bounds.

Ps. Hope this is the right format- newbie MFP community poster 🙏❤️🤗💆‍♀️
    Thanks again for all the awesomeness on this board for each of us to reach our goals and have the best life ever.
  • somum
    Options
    @jwall309 No worries we all have those days as life happens and sometimes unexpectedly like free cupcakes 💆‍♀️ I think the great thing is you still tracked it mindfully and posted here to share and stay true to your goal. Besides there is always the next day which starts anew and this race is more of a marathon than a sprint for we are making lifestyle changes where nothing is off limits it’s more of a matter of choice and decision to be in harmony with our true self.

Ps. Yes I love running and while I totally need to weight train more I enjoy the freedom and runners high I get from running vs the aggressiveness I feel when lifting. I was track and field and on the running team in Uni so it’s always been my first love. I think we should do the sport or physical exercise we love and have passion for otherwise it will feel too much like work lol.
  • somum
    Options
    @Bukkygb Thanks for the warm welcome! And yes I absolutely love running and as a former track and field althete I enjoy seeing competitive runners and Olympians who excel in this sport. I believe in running like more physical sports we can truly see how the human body is capable of great things and nothing is impossible. The runners high is also awesome! For me I just must remember not to push myself too hard ( breaking out from the no pain no gain mentally) as it’s a marathon and not a sprint- this lifestyle change is well for life ❤️🙏💆‍♀️
  • AashishPC
    AashishPC Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Saturday
    Track: Yes, I tracked everything
    Calories: 500 kcal under consumption
    Exercise: Yes, climbed 15 floors + 20 mins HIIT
    Healthier Habits: Ate more fruit
    Goals: Get my heart rate up into the 70%-85% interval at least 4 times a day

Have a big party to attend today. Fingers crossed.
  • somum
    Options
    Username: SoMum
    Weigh in week: Nov. Week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Week's weight: 226lbs
    Todays Weight: 220.6lbs (6:50am)
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    @CrystalEssex that’s really smart to think of bad days in that way - as a needed reminder of why we do what we do. Thank you for the encouragement; it definitely helps!

@AmyG1982 thank you! I totally agree - water has definitely become my best friend throughout the day - especially when I go out to eat, or have a drink. Thank you for the understanding.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Username: red1185
    PW: 166.2
    CW: 166.4
    One thing I did well: I’ve been trying to make sure that when I eat I have more vegetables - like a salad, or broccoli, etc, and then when I eat the main ting I only eat half. It helps me fill up faster, so I’m eating smaller portions. I also made sure to get up, and move throughout the day to ensure I was getting my steps in. Yesterday, after getting home from dinner I also took the dog on a long walk to help with digestion, and to work some of it off.
    One thing to work on: I definitely overindulged twice this week. I’m helping my best friend navigate some scary times, and while we were talking at dinner we had several drinks. While I took part of my meal home, I definitely made up for it with the medium (skinny) margarita, chips/salsa/queso. Ugh....

I’m just really relieved that the scale wasn’t as scary as I definitely thought it would be today.

Happy losing everybody!!
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    @somum For a newbie, you’re doing great! 🤩
  • wander216
    wander216 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Wander216 Saturday weigh in
    Pw 159
    Cw160
    Halloween got the best of me
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I see people logging their weekly weigh ins already, I thought it starts tomorrow? Did I miss out by not logging my Friday weigh? 😬😢
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hi there, here's a little about me:

I'm 37 years old and I have an office job and no kids except my partner's six year old every other week. I've been active on MFP on and off since August 2015 when I weighed 170+ pounds. I committed to completing couch to 5k and I ran my first 5k Thanksgiving Day 2015 and I've been running at least 3 miles regularly ever since. I did a half marathon in 2017. Now my workouts look like running spin class 2-3x/week and yoga or strength 1-2x/week. I have a leg vein condition that makes me need to move my legs (I may be having surgery soon though).

I lost 20 or so pound between 2015 and 2017. I got down to my goal weight range last year of around 135 pounds, but I see now that I never learned how to maintain that --- it was because of an unhealthy relationship followed by a series of dating misadventures which caused me to undereat emotionally (instead of my usual pattern which is to overeat emotionally unless I'm truly overwrought).

I met a wonderful supportive partner in Fall 2018 and rapidly put on about ten pounds. Then another three or four.

Now I'm seeing that I am a compulsive eater and all the exercise just barely manages to keep it in check. I've decided the only way I can truly lose and maintain is to combat the emotional side and focus on just having control over what I eat instead of making sure there's absolutely a deficit every day. I'm not sure how to do that yet except to journal about every eating incident I wish I hadn't done and try to notice patterns in order to stop them the next time. I'm looking to MFP for support and hoping I can turn my new resolution to eat mindfully into a 3 or so pound loss in November. Lately I've been struggling with some kind of depression that it making it hard for me to stay motivated so I'm hoping participating and supporting others will get me out of my own head a little bit :)
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Might as well post my weekly weigh in and get it out of the way :neutral:
    November 2, 2019
    Username: midsummer174627
    Weigh in week: November week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Week's weight: 147
    Todays Weight: 149

I had two bad days and I'm honestly having some digestive issues from last night's dinner so I'm okay with it...kind of.
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    AmyG1982 wrote: »
    I see people logging their weekly weigh ins already, I thought it starts tomorrow? Did I miss out by not logging my Friday weigh? 😬😢

I haven’t logged my weigh in yet because my weigh in day is Sunday. My understanding is that you log it on your chosen weekly date.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »

I haven’t logged my weigh in yet because my weigh in day is Sunday. My understanding is that you log it on your chosen weekly date.

Me too, but I though week 1 started Sunday so Friday and Saturday weighers wouldn’t log their first week weigh in until next weekend. I just don’t want to get a 0 and my first strike already lol
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Week 1 begins with Sunday November 2, meaning if your weight in day is Sunday then it would be Nov 2 and if you were a Friday you'd be weighing on Nov 8 for your first weigh in.
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    Thank you for the clarification. 👍
  • wander216
    wander216 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Daily post Saturday
    Tracked yes
    Calories on target
    Went for a 5 km walk and got in a sweaty Saturday work out this morning.
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Greetings all, my name is Beverley. My weight has been up and down and I'm really hoping I can get back on track. My plan is to take small steps.. Gotta get rid sweets.

Good luck to you all.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options

@AmyG1982 You are correct, the weigh ins were supposed to be in the October thread, you didn't miss anything yet.
This discussion has been closed.