WORKOUT WARRIORS - NOVEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• shbarbor
    shbarbor Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    Daily Goals for 11/14
    1. Step Goal (11K) -- 16,956 👣( 5 mile night hike )
    2. Exercise 90 mins- - 119 mins.
    3. Logging ALL food -- Completed
    4. Sleep at least 7 hours daily-- 8 Hours

Impressive on every single goal! Good day!
  • shbarbor
    Options
    megnolia82 wrote: »
    Weigh in November 14

Last week: 195.4
    This week 196

I’m so stuck and so discouraged. :( I understand exactly what’s going on since I will eat at night even while telling myself it’s sabotage and it’s bad for me. I’ll eat at night even if I’m full and uncomfortable. I have such great advice and support but still I do this to myself :(

Maybe we can all comment on what helps us with night time eating. "Nights and weekends" are for sure my biggest challenges. My walks after dinner have curbed my night time eating. I don't eat while I'm walking (naturally!) and when I get back I'm thirsty for water. I don't want heavy exercise at this time but the walk is relaxing. Last night it was pouring rain so I tried a youtube of Leslie Sansone inside. It did the trick! Anyone else have things that work for them?
  • shbarbor
    Options
    @carolynsivik Great weigh in! Weekends are so hard.....
  • shbarbor
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    Username: SLIMn2016
    Weigh in Day/Week: Friday, November - Week 2
    PW = 165
    CW= 161

I've been lifting heavy the past 2 weeks and I have been up and down 4-5 lbs each week---mostly water retention. My clothes are a little looser this week though and I'm seeing a bit of change in my tone now. Still I'm happy with the overall downward climb... 1 lb from my base weight and 6 lbs from my goal.

HAPPY FRIDAY ALL!!! <3

Such great news!!! This gives me hope for myself :smile: Way to go!! Happy Friday1
  • shbarbor
    Options
    jcgator2016
    Week 2 (Friday)

PW: 272.2
    CW: 270.0

Happy with the loss after surviving three birthday cakes and missing two days of workouts. Wife's birthday tomorrow, she wants a small party just with immediate family. However, my youngest son and his wife decided they wanted to announce their gender reveal (first child) at the party, so now it's looking like over 50 guests.

Y'all have a happy weekend.

OMG - KIDS!!! Great loss this week. Have fun at the party and Happy Birthday to your wife :smile: Congrats on impending additional grandchild!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    shbarbor wrote: »
    Weigh in November 14

This week 196

I’m so stuck and so discouraged. :( I understand exactly what’s going on since I will eat at night even while telling myself it’s sabotage and it’s bad for me. I’ll eat at night even if I’m full and uncomfortable. I have such great advice and support but still I do this to myself :(

Maybe we can all comment on what helps us with night time eating. "Nights and weekends" are for sure my biggest challenges. My walks after dinner have curbed my night time eating. I don't eat while I'm walking (naturally!) and when I get back I'm thirsty for water. I don't want heavy exercise at this time but the walk is relaxing. Last night it was pouring rain so I tried a youtube of Leslie Sansone inside. It did the trick! Anyone else have things that work for them?

I love this Sue!!! 👍👍👏🤩👏👍👍 I need help in this area as well! I will post later info.
  • shbarbor
    Options
    @ConfidentRaven Awesome on the steps!!

@KrystalKayeFisher Great weigh in!

@holmesp603 No let down! You are awesome and such a great part of the team!!

@Fitness327wk Way to hit the goals again!!!
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 - On one of the podcasts I listen to (We Only Look Thin) one of the hosts is a big night-time eater. He does IF so he doesn’t start eating until around 2 and then stops at 10. He’s said making that decision was a big game-changer for him in his weight loss.

I also highly recommend the podcast, it’s truly excellent and has a lot of great info.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    @THE GANG... PLEASE TELL ME HOW I CAN GET OR FIGURE OUT THESE POD CASTS... I DON'T HAVE A CLUE.... MINDLESS IN MINERAL

BTW GANG WE ARE
    BLACK AND GOLD IN THIS HOME FOR THE PLU LUTES PACIFIC LUTHERAN UNIVERSITY ( MARCIE'S SCHOOL)
    PURPLE AND GOLD FOR THE DAWGS..U DUB OR UW. THE HUSKIES...
    BLUE AND GOLD FOR THE USNA ...THE MIDSHIPMEN OF ANNAPOLIS US NAVAL ACADEMY
    AND ANOTHER PURPLE AND GOLD FOR ANOTHER DOG
    yjy1fayn28l5.png
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Daily Goals 11/14
    Exercise for 30 Min ✅ 30 min Pilates
    Step Goal (10K) ✅
    No Eating Out 🚫
    Self Care: 1 Hour Working on Knitting Project 🚫

Daily Step Goal (10,000)
    11/8 - 14,527
    11/9 - 10,005
    11/10 - 10,692
    11/11 - 13,101
    11/12 - 13,358
    11/13 - 10,592
    11/14 - 13,771

Yesterday was not my best day. But I got much better sleep last night and I’m feeling A LOT better. Sleep is important people! I will say that even though I skipped my run because of how tired I was I did make an extra effort to hit my step goal and gave my Pilates workout 100% and I really think that if I had done the run I would have given everything 50% effort. So moral of the story, it’s okay to listen to your body and give yourself a break in one area so you can give other areas more rather than giving everything a half-assed effort
  • shbarbor
    Options
    @THE GANG... PLEASE TELL ME HOW I CAN GET OR FIGURE OUT THESE POD CASTS... I DON'T HAVE A CLUE.... MINDLESS IN MINERAL

BTW GANG WE ARE
    BLACK AND GOLD IN THIS HOME FOR THE PLU LUTES PACIFIC LUTHERAN UNIVERSITY ( MARCIE'S SCHOOL)
    PURPLE AND GOLD FOR THE DAWGS..U DUB OR UW. THE HUSKIES...
    BLUE AND GOLD FOR THE USNA ...THE MIDSHIPMEN OF ANNAPOLIS US NAVAL ACADEMY
    AND ANOTHER PURPLE AND GOLD FOR ANOTHER DOG
    yjy1fayn28l5.png

You have a lot of colors in your home!! Love it!

For the podcasts, it's slightly different if apple/iphone or android phone. I have iphone and I use an app from the appstore (it's free) called "Apple podcasts" which looks like a purple microphone. For android you can use pocket casts, castbox, or spotify (many more so you could google it). Then maybe look on youtube for a tutorial for that app. So step 1, download whatever app you want to use. Then open the app, look for the search icon (usually a magnifying glass) and type in the name of the podcast you're looking for, then it shows a list and click on the one you want. You can hit the "subscribe" button at the top (to get it auto-delivered when available) or scroll down where episodes are listed and off to the right (at least in my app) there is a plus sign that you click then the cloud with arrow symbol you click to download that specific episode. After they're downloaded, I have a button for "library" that I click to look at my options, then select one to play. You can also play them from a laptop/workstation but this is NOT preferred because you can't MOVE and listen on the go! Using headphones will keep it private and save your phone battery. There are other options for each "show" like "delete after listening", "only save 10 most recent episodes", "only download if on wifi", etc. Check it out! A whole world of free content available!!
  • shbarbor
    Options
    @Shortgirlrunning Some days are like that. Great on steps and Pilates!
  • NikMar
    NikMar Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    NikMar
    Friday
    Week 2
    PW 139
    CW 139.7 - could have been a lot worse!

Steps update
    Sun 11,444
    Mon 13,852
    Tues 11,612
    Wed 10,260
    Thurs 10,712
  • shbarbor
    Options
    @megnolia82 - On one of the podcasts I listen to (We Only Look Thin) one of the hosts is a big night-time eater. He does IF so he doesn’t start eating until around 2 and then stops at 10. He’s said making that decision was a big game-changer for him in his weight loss.

I also highly recommend the podcast, it’s truly excellent and has a lot of great info.

I have listened to some of these on your recommendation! I really like them, although a bit chatty in the beginning for me...I fast forward til they get to the good stuff lol. The IF is really helpful for people. I've done a little (as in wait til 10:30 or 11 am to eat which is 15-16 hours for me) but can you realistically wait til 2 pm? He must be a late riser lol. Try it! I think each of us is different and we need to try things til we figure out what works. I say do it for 2 weeks and see what you think!
  • shbarbor
    Options
    @NikMar I think these fluctuations may just be part of the journey. I HOPE anyway!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    NikMar wrote: »
    NikMar
    Friday
    Week 2
    PW 139
    CW 139.7 - could have been a lot worse!

Steps update
    Sun 11,444
    Mon 13,852
    Tues 11,612
    Wed 10,260
    Thurs 10,712

Updated! Great job.💃👍💃
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    @Navydaddjtc Awesome! Purple and Gold! I am a former huskie! Purple Heart, bravo. 🇺🇸
    @shbarbor Great info!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Daily Goals 11/14
    Exercise for 30 Min ✅ 30 min Pilates
    Step Goal (10K) ✅
    No Eating Out 🚫
    Self Care: 1 Hour Working on Knitting Project 🚫

Daily Step Goal (10,000)
    11/8 - 14,527
    11/9 - 10,005
    11/10 - 10,692
    11/11 - 13,101
    11/12 - 13,358
    11/13 - 10,592
    11/14 - 13,771

Yesterday was not my best day. But I got much better sleep last night and I’m feeling A LOT better. Sleep is important people! I will say that even though I skipped my run because of how tired I was I did make an extra effort to hit my step goal and gave my Pilates workout 100% and I really think that if I had done the run I would have given everything 50% effort. So moral of the story, it’s okay to listen to your body and give yourself a break in one area so you can give other areas more rather than giving everything a half-assed effort

Steps posted!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    shbarbor wrote: »
    Weigh in November 14

This week 196

I love this Sue!!! 👍👍👏🤩👏👍👍 I need help in this area as well! I will post later info.

Okay team! Let’s help each other tonight and also the rest of the weekend! Let’s hold each other accountable. I am going to post tonight after dinner and the reason why I will not self sabotage myself.

One thing that helps me is to floss and brush after dinner. It helps deter me especially after flossing of taking another bite. If I am feeling off I love the insight timer, which is a free app for breathing and meditation. Sleep help as well. 👏👍
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Workout Warriors 🍁🍃🍂🍁🍃🍂🍁🍃🍂
    NOV 2019 💥💥💥
    🦃🦃🧨🧨🦃🦃

Thanksgiving Month! 🤗 🤗 🤗 November 12🦃🙌🦃🙌

Check out this article. 👍

https://www.gracefilledplate.com/stop-self-sabotaging-diet/

HOW TO STOP SELF-SABOTAGING DIET THOUGHTS

When making a decision, it’s important to look at the facts…
    What is your pattern? 
    How do you react more often than not? 
    What is likely to happen if nothing changes? 
    This isn’t an easy reality to swallow. But, nestled in the bravery of your honestly lives the fuel for change.

WHAT TO DO
    We often get stuck in cycles of repeated, unwanted behaviors because we don’t look at our situation objectively and honestly. By examining our history, we can see where the “current” is taking us and decide if we want to continue to float along or dive in and switch directions.

1. Take an honest assessment.
    2. Listen for justifications.
    3. Ask the question.

Thankful for all of you! Have a wonderful Tuesday. 🙋‍♀️😃🤗
    November!!! Workout 🏋️‍♀️🏋️‍♂️Warriors on a mission!

🦃🦃🦃💥💥☄️🏋️‍♀️🏋️‍♂️🚴🏻‍♂️🚴‍♀️🧘‍♀️🧨🏃‍♀️ 🏃 🦃🦃🦃💥💥☄️☄️🏋️‍♀️🏋️‍♂️🚴🏻‍♂️🚴‍♀️🧘‍♀️🧨
This discussion has been closed.