• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options

Jan 29
    on-plan cals: lower day :mrgreen:
    on-plan carbs: lower carbs :mrgreen:
    workout: 3/6, cardio :mrgreen:
    NEAT: :mrgreen:

Thanks for the rec @tcunbeliever. I have to order my youngest's b-day gift today for next week and so I'll piggyback it on that. If things are this stupid already, this is going to be a long decade to 15 years. :scream:

Poor sleep again. My usual dysfunction plus an anxiety dream that woke me up wide awake, and all anxious. I was awake awhile. :unamused:

Oh well. Got 15k steps yesterday. Today is strength. I didn't do as well as I wanted Tues so I'll see if I can improve things this time.

Off to curate my crazy life.

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Day 29:
    Eat at maintenance (1764 +/-200 per day) o:)
    Do the planned workouts every day o:)
    Get 10K steps a day o:)

Yesterday was solid - shred goals for food and exercise...I'm switching to 8x8 for weights so I started super light just thinking I would be able to adjust up - oh no, barely made it through all reps at tempo and that was even with some extra long rests simply because I was cooking and had to stop and stir things...it's going to be such a challenge, can't wait!!!
  • amckholmes
    amckholmes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Am very disappointed to say I am not closing strong... had an ugly binge earlier this week on chia pudding and fat bombs. Obviously it could have been way worse, but I have been only making sweet items one serving at a time to remove this temptation. Monday morning instead of making my little jar with one serving of chia pudding I decided to be efficient and make four servings. I also made four cookie dough fat bombs. By the time I went to bed I had eaten everything. I was not hungry, I was not feeling deprived... once I started I just kept going back for another bite until it was all gone. Tuesday morning I planned my meals for the day, building in my evening snack like usual and not eating below my goal. Wednesday and Today I did the same. I really need to get this back under control, I cannot blame the holidays now that it’s February! Grateful this group is rolling into next month!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    My goals for January are pretty simple:
    Cardio and weights workout six days a week
    Yoga and Pilates every other day
    no weekday wine.
    I did pretty well. But did have wine on a school night a couple of times. Now that I'm post-post-menopause it appears I don't get a good night sleep if I have a glass of wine. That makes the gym goal harder. So that goal will continue to February. It's just "habit". When we go out sometimes I'll order a glass mindlessly. Then feel I have to drink it.
    Here's my workouts (and my "move" goal). Exercise is green. I'll close today's rings as well, and win an "award" for closing my move ring all 31 days. gselun0amicq.jpeg

• baconslave
    Options
    amckholmes wrote: »
    Am very disappointed to say I am not closing strong... had an ugly binge earlier this week on chia pudding and fat bombs. Obviously it could have been way worse, but I have been only making sweet items one serving at a time to remove this temptation. Monday morning instead of making my little jar with one serving of chia pudding I decided to be efficient and make four servings. I also made four cookie dough fat bombs. By the time I went to bed I had eaten everything. I was not hungry, I was not feeling deprived... once I started I just kept going back for another bite until it was all gone. Tuesday morning I planned my meals for the day, building in my evening snack like usual and not eating below my goal. Wednesday and Today I did the same. I really need to get this back under control, I cannot blame the holidays now that it’s February! Grateful this group is rolling into next month!

Oh I feel you. I can most of the time moderate multiple servings of low-carb foods now, but that ability was hard fought with a lot of failures and learning and troubleshooting myself. It's like I have a blackhole in my soul. Gotta keep filling it. I know they say that food addiction is not a thing, but the buzz I get from the hyperpalatability (taste really really good) of certain foods is powerful.

Anyway, it sounds like you recovered well from Monday. That's the way to do it. Dust yourself off, figure out what you can learn from the stumble, and keep going. You only fail if you give up and go home.
  • baconslave
    Options
    My goals for January are pretty simple:
    Cardio and weights workout six days a week
    Yoga and Pilates every other day
    no weekday wine.
    I did pretty well. But did have wine on a school night a couple of times. Now that I'm post-post-menopause it appears I don't get a good night sleep if I have a glass of wine. That makes the gym goal harder. So that goal will continue to February. It's just "habit". When we go out sometimes I'll order a glass mindlessly. Then feel I have to drink it.
    Here's my workouts (and my "move" goal). Exercise is green. I'll close today's rings as well, and win an "award" for closing my move ring all 31 days.

I've had that problem with alcohol since my mid-30s. :unamused: My sleep is a joke anyway, but if I imbibe, I'm wide awake at 4am and there's usually no real sleep after that. I might dose off for a moment, but I'm awake every 30min- an hour until I have to get up. :rage: DH can drink and sleep through.
  • baconslave
    Options

Jan 30
    on-plan cals: higher day :mrgreen:
    on-plan carbs: higher carbs :mrgreen:
    workout: 4/6, strength :mrgreen:
    NEAT: >:)

Just really struggling with that NEAT. The cold and the dark is killing me. I have to remember to take vit D in the morning. And sleep would help. Calorie Deficit messes with sleep too.

Today is cardio. Tomorrow I weigh and see the damage. Maintenance is a learning process. Clearly I'm still learning what will work long term. I'm determined to NOT gain 15lb this winter. I have to figure out what numbers work to fit my life and deal with my Beloved Saboteur. :triumph:

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Day 30:
    Eat at maintenance (1764 +/-200 per day) o:)
    Do the planned workouts every day o:)
    Get 10K steps a day o:)

Yesterday was solid...and can I just say hack squats are the devil...really struggled with those, can't wait until I get better at them!!! Feeling it today!!!
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Check in for Jan 30 and 31. Today is not done but I'm planning on a good day.

1. Lose 5 lbs before 1/31. Success!!! I am so happy
    2. Stay under carb goal, <35 day, right at goal
    3. Stay under calorie goal, <1,500 under
    4. Exercise every day, no treadmill, good treadmill days, today I put the incline way up
    5. Plan ahead for meals and snacks.

Yippee! On to February, I'm psyched... One month closer to Spring
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Hey friends! Sorry we kinda fell off the face of the earth a while back. Something got kinda messed and we just like, forgot to check in here or something. 😿

We kept doing our goals & stuff, except one day last week everything blew up & we lost control & binged.😾 But we were back at it again the next day, except for feeling sick cos of like carb poisoning or whatever. 😿

Congrats to everyone for getting through the month! 😺
  • baconslave
    Options
    Hey friends! Sorry we kinda fell off the face of the earth a while back. Something got kinda messed and we just like, forgot to check in here or something. 😿

We kept doing our goals & stuff, except one day last week everything blew up & we lost control & binged.😾 But we were back at it again the next day, except for feeling sick cos of like carb poisoning or whatever. 😿

Congrats to everyone for getting through the month! 😺

@Violet_Flux I was wondering what happened. Didn't want to pry too much.
    That's great that you stayed on plan except for that once. Getting right back to business is the exact perfect reaction to that situation though! Sorry about feeling sick. Hope you join us for the Feb challenge. :heart:
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is joining the group over in the February challenge.
This discussion has been closed.