• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,951 Member
    Options
    Jan 21
    on-plan cals: higher day :mrgreen:
    on-plan carbs: higher carbs :mrgreen:
    workout: 2/6, strength :mrgreen:
    NEAT: :mrgreen:

I did a different workout yesterday. For some reason, normal lunges murder my supporting leg. My form is fine. But particularly on my right side, it must be my wonky hip (congenital weirdness passed down. Great-grams, Grams, Mom, me and my sis all have hip trouble on one side. But this vid did Bulgarian split squats instead. No anger with the knees. Why? I guess it's removing the dysfunction of my twisted joint or whatever is wrong with my stupid hip. So for now I'll sub those for lunges.
  • francesca_grey
    francesca_grey Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    @baconslave - bulgarian squats engage your glutes more and protect your knees (especially if you step forward a little further and push through your heels) so you aren't relying on other muscles and joints to compensate. Glute training has gotten rid of all of my chronic pain plus the lateral pelvic tilt I had on my right side due to sitting with my legs crossed. I am not sure if weak glute muscles are the cause of your issues, but strengthening them will probably help so if you like split squats I say keep doing them and adding weight and see what happens over the long term. They are a good exercise for balance and correcting problems on a specific side of your body.

---

I had a rough start to my week and don't want to go into details but I had a good day yesterday and am getting along better today. The only things I've been able to do consistently are work out and get back on track right after I veer off. And my weight is staying the same outside of water fluctuations, it might even be going down slowly. So even though it's hard right now and I keep screwing up that's good overall! My new mantra is "mistakes are how I learn".
  • baconslave
    Options
    @baconslave - bulgarian squats engage your glutes more and protect your knees (especially if you step forward a little further and push through your heels) so you aren't relying on other muscles and joints to compensate. Glute training has gotten rid of all of my chronic pain plus the lateral pelvic tilt I had on my right side due to sitting with my legs crossed. I am not sure if weak glute muscles are the cause of your issues, but strengthening them will probably help so if you like split squats I say keep doing them and adding weight and see what happens over the long term. They are a good exercise for balance and correcting problems on a specific side of your body.

---

I had a rough start to my week and don't want to go into details but I had a good day yesterday and am getting along better today. The only things I've been able to do consistently are work out and get back on track right after I veer off. And my weight is staying the same outside of water fluctuations, it might even be going down slowly. So even though it's hard right now and I keep screwing up that's good overall! My new mantra is "mistakes are how I learn".

I probably will stick with them. I don't know whether the glutes are weak or not but I've been strength training in one form or another for years. Lunges have always been the devil, but I'm 41 now and my body is acting like it lately. Especially since The Plague. :unamused: No time for that. :triumph:

Mistakes are how I learn, too. It's the troubleshooting after the mistake in which I learn some lesson or another. Or develop a new brain-hack. Or confirm a particular experiment parameter just doesn't work. :lol: You only lose if you quit. So it looks like you're doing good.

• vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Ha ha ha, I crack myself up. I guess I'm stuck in Dec.

Check in for Jan. 21

1. Lose 5 lbs before 1/3, I'm trying not to get frustrated, scale is not moving in right direction.
    2. Stay under carb goal, <35 day Went over on carbs to 50. I've had the munchies and also truly hungry this week
    3. Stay under calorie goal, <1,500 day Good!, still under calories
    4. Exercise every day YES!
    5. Plan ahead for meals and snacks. Did good planning ahead. Had to keep myself really busy so I could keep myself away from eating.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Day 21:
    Eat at maintenance (1764 +/-200 per day) o:)
    Do the planned workouts every day o:)
    Get 10K steps a day o:)

I was actually like 500 cals under for the day, and that was with some wine...super yum...tonight is my birthday dinner, so I might need those extra cals!
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm ready!
  • baconslave
    Options
    Hope228 wrote: »
    I'm ready!

Yes! Join us!

I'm putting a feeler out here about future challenges. I won't necessarily have a theme every time (I have a Mindfulness challenge I like to do in March usually) but is anyone interested in a regular running monthly challenge?
  • baconslave
    Options
    Jan 22
    on-plan cals: lower day :mrgreen:
    on-plan carbs: lower carbs :mrgreen:
    workout: 3/6, cardio :mrgreen:

Been busy day so far. I have to sub for World Geography class today so I'm at the homeschool co-op. Hoping to get in strength training today. With my Bulgarian Split squats. :mrgreen:
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    I'm ready!

Yes! Join us!

I'm putting a feeler out here about future challenges. I won't necessarily have a theme every time (I have a Mindfulness challenge I like to do in March usually) but is anyone interested in a regular running monthly challenge?

YES!

Here's my update - 18 weeks, so far so good. Baby boy coming in June :)
  • amckholmes
    amckholmes Posts: 119 Member
    Options

I hope you will, even though I don’t post daily, I certainly read it daily and am staying very motivated by everyone else staying motivated! I do a weekly check in on the maintenance page, but any mention of macros or low carb sets people off and things turn into an attack, which is certainly not helpful! Thank you for creating this forum

• vkrenz
    Options
    I will certainly participate with another month and beyond of checking in. I feel motivated by reading others success stories

check in for Jan 22

1. Lose 5 lbs before 1/3, I'm trying not to get frustrated, scale is not moving at all.
    2. Stay under carb goal, <35 day Good day
    3. Stay under calorie goal, <1,500 day Good!, still under calories
    4. Exercise every day YES!
    5. Plan ahead for meals and snacks. Did well.

Keep up the good work every one!
  • baconslave
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »
    I'm ready!

Yes! Join us!

YES!

Here's my update - 18 weeks, so far so good. Baby boy coming in June :)

:heart:
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Today was a good day for eating well, no snacking after dinner and okay water consumption and NEAT. Not sure why we all seem to have the munchies but I’m still trying to fight it. I had such a good day yesterday then broke down for sugar. I swear, carbs begets more carbs. Weather forecast tomorrow looks yuck so I may be cooped up. I hope to find things to occupy my brain. Hanging blinds and washing curtains may be the saving grace! Have a good weekend everyone!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @tcunbeliever 🎉
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Day 22:
    Do the planned workouts every day >:)

I don't even know how I managed to have an amazing evening out and NOT go over on calories, but I'll take it!!! I even wore makeup and jewelry and a dress like a real grown-up!!!
  • baconslave
    Options
    taylok23 wrote: »
    Today was a good day for eating well, no snacking after dinner and okay water consumption and NEAT. Not sure why we all seem to have the munchies but I’m still trying to fight it. I had such a good day yesterday then broke down for sugar. I swear, carbs begets more carbs. Weather forecast tomorrow looks yuck so I may be cooped up. I hope to find things to occupy my brain. Hanging blinds and washing curtains may be the saving grace! Have a good weekend everyone!

That is great!
    I was "starving" yesterday, too. I have to take vit D because I tend to get SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) pretty badly over winter. And part of that is wanting to make like a bear and get real fat and hibernate b/c it's cold or dreary or both.

Jan 23
    on-plan cals: higher day :mrgreen:
    on-plan carbs: higher carbs :mrgreen:
    workout: 4/6, strength :mrgreen:

I will likely not get to workout today. My oldest son is having a Gaming Night and 10 guys are going to be over here so we need to clean. :unamused: So NEAT will happen so I'll try to get that missing workout in tomorrow.

I have high hopes to one day before I die to get that 6th workout I want... but this week isn't going to be the week. :smirk:
  • baconslave
    Options
    Day 22:
    Do the planned workouts every day >:)

I don't even know how I managed to have an amazing evening out and NOT go over on calories, but I'll take it!!! I even wore makeup and jewelry and a dress like a real grown-up!!!

Sweet!!!
  • vkrenz
    Options
    Congratulations on everyone's successes!

Check in Jan 23
    1. Lose 5 lbs before 1/3, scale is starting to move in the right direction
    2. Stay under carb goal, <35 day well under
    3. Stay under calorie goal, <1,500 day well under also
    4. Exercise every day YES! going 4.0 incline and 3.5 speed for 2 miles every day this week
    5. Plan ahead for meals and snacks. Did well.
  • baconslave
    Options
    I did get that workout in yesterday. My teens are reading Till We Have Faces in Lit and Composition so I got the audiobook for my 15 who is both ADHD and dyslexic (he listens and reads along to help him better focus on the text.) I got to listening to it myself while I cleaned and got lucky, finishing early so I got to Dredmill for an hour. It's a retelling of a Greek Myth, and it's actually interesting. I always adored Ancient History. But the hormones hit when I had the cookies out for their Gaming Night last night. Oh well. Maybe I can squeeze in that 6th workout today? We shall see.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I’m writing off yesterday due to my dear saboteur talking me into food I’m better off without. I did salvage the day by fasting for about 20 hours and have done well today with portions and NEAT. Lots of cleaning, blind hanging and some P90x to work off some of the carb extravaganza. I suspect I’ll have regained what I’ve lost over the last two weeks. Being a marathon rather than a sprint, tomorrow is another day!
This discussion has been closed.