2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    i3twactbsgc1.png
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,645 Member
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Miracles do happen!! I decided to get on the scales this morning as I was definitely feeling lighter. I am down 5 pounds since January 1. As in the usual practice, I weighed myself again with the same result. What caused it? I know I had to visit the bathroom twice yesterday for a healthy deposit. Now, for another interesting week to see what happens this week.

Weight loss is definitely not linear!! Which makes some of the "advice" so frustrating.
  • mdubbs1
    I need to get down to 163 to get rid of the obese label. That is 7 pounds.

On my spreadsheet I have several weights coded in various colors - one is the NS 30-lb bear, one is being "merely overweight", etc. I'm not too far from moving out of obese.
  • mdubbs1
    edited February 2020
    I'm currently watching Erica's episode on My 600-lb life (while I'm on the treadmill). She's trying to guilt one of her siblings into giving up their business/job to move to Houston with her. They're sticking to their guns so far and saying "no". They did agree to go with her to fly to Houston (from California). Instead of going right to the hospital they checked into a hotel. Pretty soon they had to call for an ambulance. Dr. Now can tell she's in no real frame of mind to lose weight and after hospitalizing her for a couple weeks, sends her back to California. While she was gone her family threw out all her junk food and insisted they'll deliver no more of it. Good for them! But she figures out she can have food delivered (she's mobile; sort of, barely). Dr. Now sends her a nutritionist who throws out all the new junk food. Erica's response? "I can just order more."

I never thought about how much easier it would be these days to get junk food delivered in huge quantities (as long as you can afford it). It wouldn't work for the ones that are bedridden, unless of course they could tip the UPS guy to bring in the food.

Now Dr. Now is sending her a therapist. That won't go well.

What really blows my mind is how many of these people think that they can have surgery but now change what they're eating.
  • mdubbs1
    We know Lin has a tape of the original Broadway cast performing Hamilton. He's said it won't be released as long as the show is still on Broadway.

BIG NEWS!! They've made an agreement with Disney to release it on the big screen in October 2021! So now we know when we'll finally see it!!

Bizarre thought. I'd better do what the cardiologist tells me so I'll be around to see it!
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Miracles do happen!! I decided to get on the scales this morning as I was definitely feeling lighter. I am down 5 pounds since January 1. As in the usual practice, I weighed myself again with the same result. What caused it? I know I had to visit the bathroom twice yesterday for a healthy deposit. Now, for another interesting week to see what happens this week.

• PamS53
    I need to get down to 163 to get rid of the obese label. That is 7 pounds.

• PamS53
    Congrats, Jean! 5 pounds in one month is great progress. The next 7 may be slower, but you can do it.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    I was watching Dr Oz about a month ago. He was talking about something like fasting. As I recall, he said don’t eat breakfast. The first meal was around noonish and it wasn’t typical breakfast foods. It also had a time at night to stop eating. I’m vague on the details but I remember it sounded interesting. You can find the details on his website if you want to know the details.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    I was watching Dr Oz about a month ago. He was talking about something like fasting. As I recall, he said don’t eat breakfast. The first meal was around noonish and it wasn’t typical breakfast foods. It also had a time at night to stop eating. I’m vague on the details but I remember it sounded interesting. You can find the details on his website if you want to know the details.

Sort of contradicts breakfast is the most important meal of the day. LOL!

• mdubbs1
    It's almost 3:00. I've had high protein oatmeal with a tiny box of raisins and a splash of milk and high protein chicken soup with crackers.. About 300 calories give or take. And I was just thinking how I'm not hungry at all.

I can see why Dr. Now stresses protein. I do wonder sometimes, since so many of his patients appear completely clueless with respect to food, whether he wouldn't be better off putting them on a liquid protein diet. Or maybe they just all WANT to pretend to be clueless because they don't want to follow the plan.
  • Helene610
    I thought the same thing about breakfast being the most important meal. It’s hard to decide with such conflicting opinions.
  • KonaKat
    I know I always use my cat's pic as the avatar, but this is a pic of me taken today. Despite the weight (most don't think I am obese), I think I look decent for an almost 78 year old woman.

c6pmea31z5jn.jpg
  • KonaKat
    Since I'm always looking at Fitbit data, and the food entered at MFP doesn't always sync over to FitBit, I've decided to start logging my food there. I like it. You have a choice of basing it on either a sedentary lifestyle or let FitBit base what calories you are allowed for the day based upon past record of calories burned. Then as you enter food, it tells you how many calories remain to be eaten. If you are more active than expected, it then increases how much you can eat, or if less active, it will decrease the calories to be eaten.
  • mdubbs1
    I know I always use my cat's pic as the avatar, but this is a pic of me taken today. Despite the weight (most don't think I am obese), I think I look decent for an almost 78 year old woman.

c6pmea31z5jn.jpg

You look great!!
  • mdubbs1
    Since I'm always looking at Fitbit data, and the food entered at MFP doesn't always sync over to FitBit, I've decided to start logging my food there. I like it. You have a choice of basing it on either a sedentary lifestyle or let FitBit base what calories you are allowed for the day based upon past record of calories burned. Then as you enter food, it tells you how many calories remain to be eaten. If you are more active than expected, it then increases how much you can eat, or if less active, it will decrease the calories to be eaten.

• PamS53
    Looking good, Jean!
  • KonaKat
    Starting my second day of logging food. Calories permitted are based upon metabolism and exercise to that point. As you become more active, more calories are permitted. Someone who is over the hill and short starts out with a calorie number less than 1200.

uyzqb60bmd03.png
  • mdubbs1
    Starting my second day of logging food. Calories permitted are based upon metabolism and exercise to that point. As you become more active, more calories are permitted. Someone who is over the hill and short starts out with a calorie number less than 1200.

uyzqb60bmd03.png

• Helene610
    Jean, you look great. And it sounds like a good plan.