2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    Pam, were you well hydrated today? DH was having similar experiences for many months last year. It turned out to be a medication that had dizziness as a side effect. The doctor took him off the medication and told him to do a better job hydrating. Before those measures, he had many experiences of lightheadedness and he fell 3 times. The last time was more of a collapse than a fall. He now drinks at least 60 ounces of water a day and hasn’t had the dizziness in several months. Review the medications you’re on and see if anything could be contributing. I hope you find an explanation.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,645 Member
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Pam--What a horrible experience. I use Consumer Cellular which runs off ATT, has various plans and you can either get phone from them or supply your own phone. I text often so the iunlimited texts was appealing to me. You don't have to be a senior citizen but if you are an AARP member, the rate is lower. I've been with ATT, Tracfone and Consumer Cellular. The service is fabulous.

I have a consumer cellular phone too.
  • mdubbs1
    If you want something a little intimidating when it comes to exercise, go to the FitBit site and read what some are doing for a February challenge. This is one post showing goals, number of days to do each goal and days actually accomplished. If you see something like 4/16, it means they plan to do it 16 times during the month and the 4 or number in front of the slash indicates number of times done as of Feb. 7.

7 February

10,000 steps a day for 20 days 6/20
    12 days over 12,000 5/12
    10 days over 15,000 steps 4/10
    3 days over 20,000 steps 2/3
    10 lunges a day for 20 days 5/20
    Swim 2x per week 2/8
    8 bike rides or strenuous walks per month 1/8
    3 hours dance practice per week minimum 4/12

This wore me out just reading it.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha........NOT!
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    DH and I successfully got our new phones today at T-Mobile. It was a much less painful experience than my attempts with AT&T, thankfully.

We just got home from happy hour with our friends. I had a delicious dinner but probably ate more than I should have. While we were waiting to pay our check I suddenly started feeling faint and dizzy. I put my head down on the table and one of my friends soaked a napkin in cold water and put that on my neck for a few minutes. I finally was able to move to their waiting area and lie down on a bench until I felt less dizzy. DH and one of my friend’s DH walked me to the car and we came home. By the time we got home I was feeling fine. Ive has similar episodes in the past but never have been able to figure out a cause. My best guess is a sudden drop in BP, but no idea why it drops.

That's scary! I'm glad you're feeling better (and got your phones taken care of).
  • mdubbs1
    My amazon fire tablet went wonky last night. DH had gone to bed so I braved amazon customer support. I'm sure the poor woman thought "boy I'm really dumbing this down". LOL!

Tonight I'm having trouble charging my kindle.

Electronics - can't live with em, can't live without em.

• Helene610
    Pam, thanks for quoting Jean for me.
    Jean your comments on exercise are food for thought for me. We have a pool in FL. I bought a new bathing suit with plans to do water walking. Last week, the dermatologist removed a skin thing from my stomach and one on my wrist. I’m waiting for the sores to heal before I go into the pool.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Good morning. I just finished 40 minute of pedaling while watching Untold Stories of the ER. I did it at a less intense level today with 4 minutes in the peak zone, 6 minutes in the cardio and the remaining in the fat burning zone. I usually have more in the cardio zone. Calories burned depend upon intensity as measured by heart rate.
  • KonaKat
    While attempting to reduce ourselves, we might want to consider reducing some of the things in the house or garage or storage. This link is an interesting take on decluttering:

https://dallas.momcollective.com/most-of-your-stuff-is-worthless-3-things-you-should-be-doing-now-to-reduce-what-you-own/
  • mdubbs1
    Good morning. I just finished 40 minute of pedaling while watching Untold Stories of the ER. I did it at a less intense level today with 4 minutes in the peak zone, 6 minutes in the cardio and the remaining in the fat burning zone. I usually have more in the cardio zone. Calories burned depend upon intensity as measured by heart rate.

• mdubbs1
    While attempting to reduce ourselves, we might want to consider reducing some of the things in the house or garage or storage. This link is an interesting take on decluttering:

https://dallas.momcollective.com/most-of-your-stuff-is-worthless-3-things-you-should-be-doing-now-to-reduce-what-you-own/

I am SO glad I made decluttering my last summer project. Now that DH has cut back even more on his hours it would be hard to do now. He really hates to see "stuff" ago out of here even if I haven't used it in years. I don't know if it's growing up really poor or borderline hoarding or a combo thereof.

I managed to get a ton of stuff out of here last summer while he was at work (much of it waiting for CROM flea markets, some donated, and some tossed) but I also did some after he went to bed (he goes to bed around 6).

There's still more that can be done but I accomplished a ton.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Helene, I actually was well hydrated yesterday. I’ve had episodes like this several times in my life and had all kinds of tests but the doctors have never been able to give me an explanation. I do take one medication that is a mild diuretic for hypertension, but it is taken in the mornings and my doctor says it’s effects wear off by mid day. I’m feeling fine today.

I really need to do a lot more work on decluttering. DH is a bit like yours, Maryanne. He hates to see stuff being tossed out, whether to the trash or donated, unless he’s the one who is in the mood to do the tossing. I tend to clean out my closet only when he’s not home for this reason. As for the other areas in the house, if I can get him to work with me we can sometimes make some progress. The problem is that we are rarely both in the mood to work on it at the same time.
  • Helene610
    All this decluttering talk has motivated me. I’m working on that today.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    All this decluttering talk has motivated me. I’m working on that today.

Well, I'm good for something today! LOL!

I had lunch with a friend at Applebee's. Boy is looking at the calorie count an eye opener!

I had 6 oz sirloin with grilled onions and broccoli. According to Applebee's 345 calories.
  • Helene610
    It’s helpful that restaurants are posting calorie counts for their food. I check them when available and have sometimes changed what I’m ordering if the count is too high. Any tool helps in the struggle to eat healthy.
  • KonaKat
    My decluttering today consisted of going through files. I keep multiples of anything just in case the original copy gets lost. Rarely happens, however, I like backups.
  • mdubbs1
    My decluttering today consisted of going through files. I keep multiples of anything just in case the original copy gets lost. Rarely happens, however, I like backups.

• mdubbs1
    BTW I fixed my kindle by turning it off and on. I hadn't even realized it had an on/off switch. I'm SUCH an IT dweeb!
  • KonaKat
    A new week, one with opportunities! I did 35 minutes of exercise and had Quaker instant oatmeal for breakfast. This is a record of last week's activity in graph form. I'll aim for 10,000 steps again today.

47slltyhfvxp.png
  • mdubbs1
    A new week, one with opportunities! I did 35 minutes of exercise and had Quaker instant oatmeal for breakfast. This is a record of last week's activity in graph form. I'll aim for 10,000 steps again today.

47slltyhfvxp.png

A little amusing that in my diet life, the week starts on Mondays..... LOL!
  • mdubbs1
    Wouldn't this just frost the orange cheeto?

Barack Obama could become the first former President to win an Oscar.

While it seems unlikely the Obamas will attend the Oscars, the former president did produce a documentary feature Oscar nominee: American Factory.

The film has a strong chance of winning, which would make him the first former president to win an Oscar — something Ronald Reagan was never able to do.