2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Maryanne--I've always started my weeks on a Sunday so that is how I put it in the settings.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,645 Member
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Maryanne--I've always started my weeks on a Sunday so that is how I put it in the settings.

For years I have used an 8 1/2 x 11 loose leaf desk top calendar from dayrunner. The monthly version. They used to have one where the weeks started on Sunday and one where the weeks started on Monday. They discontinued the latter. They got some flack but obviously not enough to restore it. So obviously there are lots of the week starts on Sunday folks. LOL!
  • mdubbs1
    edited February 2020
    Elizabeth Warren joke -(Note: Bailey is her dog.)

VOTER: At night, when you’re lying in bed whispering in Bailey’s ear, and you’re kind of—

WARREN: He’s asleep right now.

VOTER: He’s asleep. And I’m imaging, you know, the parlor game I play is thinking about running mates, and what tag team is gonna beat the monster. Is, do you whisper into Bailey’s ear, “Who is going to be my Mike Pence? Who, who, who is going to look at me with adoring eyes every time I stand up?”

WARREN: I already have a dog.

• mdubbs1
    I'm eating a lot of raw vegetables. My favorites are red/yellow/orange peppers, cauliflower, and stringless sugar snaps. I wasn't able to find cut cauliflower this week at any of my stores so there's a whole head in my frig. I guess I'll tackle it tonight. I can't remember the last time I did that. I also noticed the one store is apparently swapping out its brand of sugar snaps and the new brand doesn't say "stringless". Guess they'll make me buy a bag to try. Why can't even the littlest thing be easy????

Note: I don't mind cutting up peppers for some reason. Maybe the cauliflower won't be so bad.
  • mdubbs1
    In case anyone's interested, purchases from the bariatric pal site come in a plain brown cardboard box with a return address that just says "BPPal".

• Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    Many people wouldn’t even know what bariatric is. Funny that the company feels it has to be incognito. I’m trying to clean up some of my eating. I had baby carrots and single size hummus with a side of sugar snap peas. I made chicken soup for lunch to go with it. I even had an orange and I’m not a big fruit eater. My weight was up this morning but I think it was from salty foods rather than poor food choices.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    Many people wouldn’t even know what bariatric is. Funny that the company feels it has to be incognito. I’m trying to clean up some of my eating. I had baby carrots and single size hummus with a side of sugar snap peas. I made chicken soup for lunch to go with it. I even had an orange and I’m not a big fruit eater. My weight was up this morning but I think it was from salty foods rather than poor food choices.

That reminds me - I bought a couple Cara Cara oranges the other day. I should eat those.
    Most of the produce in our stores is pretty awful - and pretty generic - sometimes they have the Care Cara oranges and they're pretty good. As opposed to all the displays that just say "oranges" like we're too dumb to care what kind and all the stuff that was obviously picked green and put right into cold storage where there is no way they'd ever ripen.
  • mdubbs1
    The Obamas won an Oscar. The orange cheeto must be SO pissed!
  • KonaKat
    I was awakened at 5:15am to be called to work by the computer that runs the sub system. Well, I was already awake but was enjoying being lazy. It was a special ed job which involves working with the regular teacher in their classes. The person had planning the last period of the day so I was able to get home early and cycle away to "1000 Lb. Sisters." I can't get into it as much as I do 600 Lb. Life.
  • Helene610
    We have the best oranges in FL. Right now, we’re eating honey bells. I think it’s a type of tangerine but they are pretty large. DH and I often split one. Today’s honey bell weighed 9 ounces. They probably be gone in a couple of weeks and another variety will be in the stores.
  • mdubbs1
    I was awakened at 5:15am to be called to work by the computer that runs the sub system. Well, I was already awake but was enjoying being lazy. It was a special ed job which involves working with the regular teacher in their classes. The person had planning the last period of the day so I was able to get home early and cycle away to "1000 Lb. Sisters." I can't get into it as much as I do 600 Lb. Life.

I've got that on my tablet but haven't sampled it yet. I'm currently watching Kirsten's episode of My 600 lb life.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    We have the best oranges in FL. Right now, we’re eating honey bells. I think it’s a type of tangerine but they are pretty large. DH and I often split one. Today’s honey bell weighed 9 ounces. They probably be gone in a couple of weeks and another variety will be in the stores.

Yep, you're at the source!!!
  • KonaKat
    48qhitld7pob.png
  • mdubbs1
    48qhitld7pob.png

• mdubbs1
    I lost 1/2 pound last week. I guess it's already time to tighten up. I just wish I didn't have to eat any meals out this week. That's pretty unusual for me and looks like I've got a lunch and a retirement dinner. I'd rather just stay home with my diet food right now until I get past the next cardiologist appointment.

ckvjdnzezcqx.png
  • KonaKat
    Maryanne--A half pound loss is to be celebrated. We know that sometimes the body fluctuates but then surprises you with a loss yoiu didn't expect. A good meal at the Outback is its 6oz sirloin steak with steamed veggies. Its simple tilapia with steamed veggies is good also.

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Maryanne--A half pound loss is to be celebrated. We know that sometimes the body fluctuates but then surprises you with a loss yoiu didn't expect. A good meal at the Outback is its 6oz sirloin steak with steamed veggies. Its simple tilapia with steamed veggies is good also.

Another option at Outback is their wood-fired grilled shrimp (may be under the appetizer menu) and a garden salad. I often choose that or the steak Jean mentioned. About the same calorie count.
  • Helene610
    Maryanne, you’re back on track. Good job. Check the menu online before you go and decide what you’ll have. I read something that suggested being the first to order so you’re not influenced by other’s choices. Maybe you can get away with asking them not to bring bread to the table. You’d have to ask the others in your group if that’s okay. They might be counting carbs or calories too.
  • KonaKat
    Now, this is risky behavior. I was watching QVC when they featured Cheryl's cookies in a small size for a great price. I thought it would be great to share with the staff for Valentine's Day as they came individually wrapped and in different flavors. I got the box and decided to open it to make sure all was well with the contents. The cookies were 80 to 90 calories each, so I decided to try one to make sure they were acceptable.

These are the best cookies I have ever tasted. I decided I would keep them and permit myself to have one a day. So far, it has been four days and I have succeeded limiting myself to one a day....but they are so, so good. They don't trigger the urge for more like the NS desserts and others did for me. Yes, I have them on auto delivery every two months.

oyovlyqgzwbk.png
  • mdubbs1

The 6 oz sirloin and broccoli is exactly what I had at Applebees. Along with an order of grilled onions. Don't know why I never noticed those before. I really missed my ICBINB for the broccoli.

I decided today if I'm getting serious this year, it's time to get out the spreadsheet and track calories so I started today!