2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,645 Member
    PamS53 wrote: »
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Maryanne--A half pound loss is to be celebrated. We know that sometimes the body fluctuates but then surprises you with a loss yoiu didn't expect. A good meal at the Outback is its 6oz sirloin steak with steamed veggies. Its simple tilapia with steamed veggies is good also.

Another option at Outback is their wood-fired grilled shrimp (may be under the appetizer menu) and a garden salad. I often choose that or the steak Jean mentioned. About the same calorie count.

I have a lunch at Conrad's, a crab place (I need to check their web site), and one at Applebees (I know that menu cold). Apparently the retiree gets to pick the restaurant and she hasn't yet.

I should probably be fine at the crab place with a cup of Maryland crab soup and a crab. I do love crabs! Never had one before moving to Baltimore but I'm a convert. DH not so much. I wouldn't think crab meat would be too bad (guess I should google it).
  • mdubbs1
    Now, this is risky behavior. I was watching QVC when they featured Cheryl's cookies in a small size for a great price. I thought it would be great to share with the staff for Valentine's Day as they came individually wrapped and in different flavors. I got the box and decided to open it to make sure all was well with the contents. The cookies were 80 to 90 calories each, so I decided to try one to make sure they were acceptable.

These are the best cookies I have ever tasted. I decided I would keep them and permit myself to have one a day. So far, it has been four days and I have succeeded limiting myself to one a day....but they are so, so good. They don't trigger the urge for more like the NS desserts and others did for me. Yes, I have them on auto delivery every two months.

oyovlyqgzwbk.png

I order Cheryl's for the vets and printer for holidays so they sometimes send me a free cookie or a special offer. The offers I can ignore but the cookie, not so much.
  • mdubbs1
    No calorie counts on the Conrad's menu. Drat!

Blue crab has 87 calories per ounce. I doubt they'll be service blue crab this time of year. But 3 ounces of blue crab is 87 calories.

Apparently an "experienced" picked (which isn't me) can get 1 1/4 oz of crab from a blue crab.

Doesn't sound too bad.

• KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Maryanne--You will do fine; it isn't as if you are dining out everyday. Yes, those Cheryl's cookies are good. I ordered for Christmas the bigger Cheryl's cookies for the vet. I treat them well as they take care of Midnight when I travel. They don't normally board animals unless being treated.
  • KonaKat
    g58b9wjpnzk5.png
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    The crab sounds like and excellent choice. You could pair it with a cup of soup and a small salad. I’ve never heard of Cheryl’s cookies. Are they a regional brand?
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited February 2020
    I’ve been busy for the past few days knitting caps for my friend who is going through chemo treatments. I’ve completed 2 and started a third today. I hope to finish it by tomorrow and then will deliver them. I plan to bake her some cookies or some other treat as well since it’s nearly Valentine’s Day. Hopefully she will have an appetite and enjoy whatever I make for her. There is so little I can do for her or her husband, but I hope these small gestures will help.

• mdubbs1
    g58b9wjpnzk5.png

Good one! Too bad one of the few things I've stuck to without fail is not drinking calories. Why that one has stuck I have no clue.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    The crab sounds like and excellent choice. You could pair it with a cup of soup and a small salad. I’ve never heard of Cheryl’s cookies. Are they a regional brand?

No, anyone can order Cheryl's

https://www.cheryls.com/?r=ccogoobr&gclid=CjwKCAiA4Y7yBRB8EiwADV1hab76oXDmI46JRS0We_XqjbONgunW75gpq_NsvqTrXXS0GnL_UbPCQxoCXucQAvD_BwE&storeId=10202&cm_mmc=tagged-_-ccogoobr-_-na-_-na
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    I’ve been busy for the past few days knitting caps for my friend who is going through chemo treatments. I’ve completed 2 and started a third today. I hope to finish it by tomorrow and then will deliver them. I plan to bake her some cookies or some other treat as well since it’s nearly Valentine’s Day. Hopefully she will have an appetite and enjoy whatever I make for her. There is so little I can do for her or her husband, but I hope these small gestures will help.

What a wonderful thing to do!
  • Helene610
    In addition to your gifts, your presence means a lot. I’ve known people who stop visiting terminally ill friends because “they want to remember them as they were”. That is so selfish to abandon a friend in need. What you are doing for her is priceless.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Unfortunately I won’t be allowed to visit her. She is declining visitors, but medically it is not a good idea anyway due to her lowered immune system. I was told that there are at least 6 Stop signs on her door to keep people from visiting at this time. Hopefully once she completes her chemo treatments she will be able to see people besides immediate family again.
  • Helene610
    Even if you’re not there in person, your gifts convey your love and support. Plus, you visited her when she was still well enough to see friends.
  • mdubbs1
    In addition to your gifts, your presence means a lot. I’ve known people who stop visiting terminally ill friends because “they want to remember them as they were”. That is so selfish to abandon a friend in need. What you are doing for her is priceless.

Oh, good heavens, that's one I never heard. If anything, it's a time to rally round.

The woman whose colonies I'm taking over actually left CROM and all of us in a huff years ago but now that she's got terminal cancer, I'm all for letting bygones be bygones and doing whatever I can to help her.
  • mdubbs1
    I went looking for my spreadsheets to start doing them daily and getting back on track. Looks like the last time I did them faithfully was 2017. Oops! Definitely time to get serious about this.
  • mdubbs1
    Survivor 40 starts tonight!

There are many boot lists floating around which means no one really knows. Driving me crazy!
  • mdubbs1
    Photo in someone's ebay listing. I don't think I've ever seen anyone go for "cute" in their photo before.

7w881dtt8oiq.png
  • Helene610
    mdubbs1 wrote: »

Oh, good heavens, that's one I never heard. If anything, it's a time to rally round.

The woman whose colonies I'm taking over actually left CROM and all of us in a huff years ago but now that she's got terminal cancer, I'm all for letting bygones be bygones and doing whatever I can to help her.
    That’s definitely the right thing to do. We can only hope that others would do that for us if we were in her circumstances.

• Helene610
    I’m trying to figure out what the product, so artfully displayed, is. Energy bars?
  • KonaKat
    Pam--That is a wonderful thing you are doing. I am sure that it will be greatly appreciated. Your love and support will be reaching her.

Maryanne--Those who say they don't visit a dying person because they want to remember them as they were are actually afraid of the experience and are uncomfortable, thinking they might do or say the wrong thing. They are protecting themselves.

I am watching a 600 Lb Life episode featuring Travis.