2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,645 Member
    Helene610 wrote: »
    I’m trying to figure out what the product, so artfully displayed, is. Energy bars?

Medifast bars, specifically Optavia Dark Chocolate Covered Coconut Curry Bars
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 wrote: »
    In addition to your gifts, your presence means a lot. I’ve known people who stop visiting terminally ill friends because “they want to remember them as they were”. That is so selfish to abandon a friend in need. What you are doing for her is priceless.

Oh, good heavens, that's one I never heard. If anything, it's a time to rally round.

The woman whose colonies I'm taking over actually left CROM and all of us in a huff years ago but now that she's got terminal cancer, I'm all for letting bygones be bygones and doing whatever I can to help her.
    That’s definitely the right thing to do. We can only hope that others would do that for us if we were in her circumstances.

My late mom used to say "you'll get your crown in heaven". I'm not so sure about that but I can see no reason to live my life as a nasty beetch. Do they really enjoy life?
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Pam--That is a wonderful thing you are doing. I am sure that it will be greatly appreciated. Your love and support will be reaching her.

Maryanne--Those who say they don't visit a dying person because they want to remember them as they were are actually afraid of the experience and are uncomfortable, thinking they might do or say the wrong thing. They are protecting themselves.

I am watching a 600 Lb Life episode featuring Travis.

I'm watching Michael. I don't think I've ever seen Dr. Now come down so hard on anyone at the beginning. He really got Michael's number fast and let him have it. I feel so sorry for his wife and her children (which she came into the marriage with). Of course he was apparently huge when she married him so it wasn't like a total surprise. I haven 't seen Travis yet.
  • mdubbs1
    I watched this week's episode of the Biggest Loser. They definitely made more of an effort to emphasize health and food. Wasn't a big part of the episode but it was there.

There is no way I could handle those long workouts just listening to the annoying trainer. I need to be reading something or listening to music or watching TV. Which I did on the treadmill for 25 minutes last evening. Yeah, me! LOL!
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    I like that the female trainer lost over 100 pounds herself. She gets the struggle inlike people who have never been overweight. The segment on the healthy barbecue. And when they get voted off, they get the gym membership, nutritionist and a support group. It seems like the producers must have paid attention to past criticisms.
    Survivor was pretty interesting. I was surprised when Natalie gave her idol to Sandra. I thought Sandra would have been a big target since she’s won twice and has great game. I had to laugh when Sandra was stirring the pot. Didn’t these premiere players remember what a manipulator she is. She loves to start rumors about one player throwing out the name of another player. I hope the whole season is this great.
  • Helene610
    I’m eating very light for breakfast and lunch. I had oatmeal for breakfast and soup and salad for lunch. We have a potluck tonight at church. From past experience, the food will be delicious. Even taking a small spoonful of everything that can be a lot Of calories. I can pick and choose. I did that last time, skipping over the ordinary looking dishes. I’m at my lowest weight (down 25 pounds) and I don’t want to blow it.
  • mdubbs1
    I like that the female trainer lost over 100 pounds herself. She gets the struggle inlike people who have never been overweight. The segment on the healthy barbecue. And when they get voted off, they get the gym membership, nutritionist and a support group. It seems like the producers must have paid attention to past criticisms.

That is great about the trainer. My 600-lb life sends people to "therapists" that are extremely vapid and useless (IMHO). But in one episode I watched recently they sent a therapist to someone's home who revealed she'd been through bariatric surgery and she seemed to really be addressing what the poor "contestant" is going through. A very noticeable difference/improvement.
  • mdubbs1
    [quote="Helene610;c-44728160"Survivor was pretty interesting. I was surprised when Natalie gave her idol to Sandra. I thought Sandra would have been a big target since she’s won twice and has great game. I had to laugh when Sandra was stirring the pot. Didn’t these premiere players remember what a manipulator she is. She loves to start rumors about one player throwing out the name of another player. I hope the whole season is this great.[/quote]

I watched the whole thing "live" (not DVR).

Yes, they should know better than to believe Sandra! Ever!

Rob was great as usual. He's not going to win (I don't need spoilers to tell me that) but he'll be fun while he lasts.

The whole poker alliance thing was interesting. Dalton Ross has some information on that and on things we didn't see in his recap and on the whole EOE concept: https://ew.com/recap/survivor-season-40-premiere/

And his interview with Jeff: https://ew.com/tv/2020/02/12/survivor-winners-at-war-jeff-probst-answers-season-premiere-questions/
  • mdubbs1
    I’m eating very light for breakfast and lunch. I had oatmeal for breakfast and soup and salad for lunch. We have a potluck tonight at church. From past experience, the food will be delicious. Even taking a small spoonful of everything that can be a lot Of calories. I can pick and choose. I did that last time, skipping over the ordinary looking dishes. I’m at my lowest weight (down 25 pounds) and I don’t want to blow it.

Good luck with that!

• mdubbs1
    Jean - are you seeing any of this -

From the Washington Post:

Two kindergartners in Utah told a Latino boy that President Trump would send him back to Mexico, and teenagers in Maine sneered "Ban Muslims" at a classmate wearing a hijab. In Tennessee, a group of middle-schoolers linked arms, imitating the president's proposed border wall as they refused to let nonwhite students pass. In Ohio, another group of middle-schoolers surrounded a mixed-race sixth-grader and, as she confided to her mother, told the girl: "This is Trump country."

Since Trump’s rise to the nation’s highest office, his inflammatory language — often condemned as racist and xenophobic — has seeped into schools across America. Many bullies now target other children differently than they used to, with kids as young as 6 mimicking the president’s insults and the cruel way he delivers them.

Don't know if you can access the article:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/local/school-bullying-trump-words/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most

As someone who was bullied relentlessly, I always feel for the kids that are bullied. My mom used to tell me that high school was the best years of my life. If I'd believed her, I'd have committed suicide. I'd like to tell ALL the bullied kids, this too shall pass. You can have a happy, successful life.
  • Helene610
    That is disgusting and Trump has no shame about infecting children with his hate speak. I hope those school systems are calling out the bullies and putting treating everyone with kindness and respect into the curriculum. I’m sure the bullies must hear this talk from their parents and therefore think this crap is normal behavior.
  • mdubbs1
    Now that's just cruel. I got a pop up ad for Williams Sonoma caramel apples. Haven't ordered one of those since late 2018. Definitely a trigger food for me!
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Maryanne--caramel apples can be so good. Wonder what triggered the pop up for the caramel apples?

Believe it or not, I have been successful at limiting myself to one Cheryl's small cookie a day. At 90 calories, it works for just one.

I got in 12,962 steps today. I have been making a point of trying to get a minimum of 250 steps every waking hour plus the extra. Where I worked in the school today, involved many steps from parking lot to office and then clear to the other side of the building.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Maryanne--caramel apples can be so good. Wonder what triggered the pop up for the caramel apples?

Believe it or not, I have been successful at limiting myself to one Cheryl's small cookie a day. At 90 calories, it works for just one.

I got in 12,962 steps today. I have been making a point of trying to get a minimum of 250 steps every waking hour plus the extra. Where I worked in the school today, involved many steps from parking lot to office and then clear to the other side of the building.

• KonaKat
    Down 6 pounds since January 1. It is a slow process but I think the exercise is helping.
  • mdubbs1
    Down 6 pounds since January 1. It is a slow process but I think the exercise is helping.

Good job!!!
  • mdubbs1

No idea. I hadn't even thought about them since last fall and I'm sure I haven't been to the williams sonoma website in over a year. I guess the internet has a long memory! Scary!
  • Helene610
    At least the caramel apple isn’t readily available. You’d have to make an effort to get one so it’s easier to resist the urge. I was up a pound after yesterday’s potluck. I don’t think it will be hanging around long. Some of it is probably sodium.
  • KonaKat
    I'm debating whether to go early tomorrow morning for lab work or wait until Monday morning. Monday is when I go to the appointment with the new orthopedic practice. It will be cold tomorrow morning. I did a search and saw that it usually takes up to 3 months for diet and exercise to affect cholesterol results. My total and HDL is fine but the LDL isn't.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    I'm debating whether to go early tomorrow morning for lab work or wait until Monday morning. Monday is when I go to the appointment with the new orthopedic practice. It will be cold tomorrow morning. I did a search and saw that it usually takes up to 3 months for diet and exercise to affect cholesterol results. My total and HDL is fine but the LDL isn't.

I finally was able to see my friend who has cancer and has been hospitalized for the past month. They got the bad news this week that the 2 rounds of chemo she has had have not slowed the progression of her disease. They haven’t told us officially, but I think they have decided to stop treatment and move to palliative care and/or hospice. Another friend and I visited for about 30 minutes but left after her sons arrived. They live out of town so we didn’t want to intrude on their family time. It was very sad to see how much our sweet friend has declined in such a short time, but I was happy to have a chance to hug her and tell her I love her. She seemed to like the hats I made for her, and put one of them on during our visit.