2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    Maryanne, how did your spreadsheet plan work out? Did you fit dinner into your calorie range?

I was just looking at my sleep chart from Fitbit. I’ve always felt I was a light sleeper. This confirmed it. I was in light sleep 66% of the time. I was in deep sleep only 3% of the othe time. According to Fitbit, that’s the sleep that makes you feel energetic and refreshed. I guess that explains why I don’t feel energetic.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,645 Member
    If I have the 6 ounce sirloin with grilled onions and broccoli, I can make the rest of the day work, mostly using packets. I do miss my ICBINB and FF parmesan with the broccoli though. Maybe I'll sneak in a tiny package of FF parmesan.

I'm going to take a selection of packets to the friend I'm having lunch with. I don't think she cooks at all and lives mostly on fast food. She ate all the NS and JC food I gave her. She's my right hand at all the CROM events and I wish I could do more for her. After we have lunch I'll also try to force her to order a take out meal to go home with her. That occurred to me last time we had lunch and I wished I'd thought of it before.
  • mdubbs1
    DH has all kinds of screwy ideas about reducing his cholesterol but I've given up making suggestions. He doesn't listen. His latest? Replacing ICBINB with margarine that has sterols. He doesn't use enough ICBINB to have a replacement make a difference. I printed and gave him the yeast/CoQ10 suggestions but he's decided that's dangerous.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Helene--I also have a Charge 3. I hope you have great luck with it. Keep the record of when you bought it as several have had it replaced under warranty because some functions died. I also had mine replaced. There are times you might have to reboot it if it starts acting up. The thing is addictive as are the reports it generates.

Maryanne--I think your DH wants to do it his way and is closed to any other suggestions. It is good that you can help your friend out with giving her some of the packets, etc. The spreadsheet is a great idea as it shows you what works for you.

Pam--I think your weight gain is primarily a result of sodium in the restaurant foods. Drink plenty of water to help flush it . It is frustrating to deal with those weight gains when having to dine out frequently.
  • KonaKat
    FitBit has all these badges to recognize you for accomplishments. I just got an email that said I had just earned the Great Barrier Reef Badge. At 1,600 miles long, the Great Barrier Reef is the world's largest coral reef system—and you just walked that! Take a minute to swim in this huge success.

This is part of my report for last week:

m9akvxtmi1fr.png
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Helene--I also have a Charge 3. I hope you have great luck with it. Keep the record of when you bought it as several have had it replaced under warranty because some functions died. I also had mine replaced. There are times you might have to reboot it if it starts acting up. The thing is addictive as are the reports it generates.

Maryanne--I think your DH wants to do it his way and is closed to any other suggestions. It is good that you can help your friend out with giving her some of the packets, etc. The spreadsheet is a great idea as it shows you what works for you.

Pam--I think your weight gain is primarily a result of sodium in the restaurant foods. Drink plenty of water to help flush it . It is frustrating to deal with those weight gains when having to dine out frequently.

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    FitBit has all these badges to recognize you for accomplishments. I just got an email that said I had just earned the Great Barrier Reef Badge. At 1,600 miles long, the Great Barrier Reef is the world's largest coral reef system—and you just walked that! Take a minute to swim in this huge success.

This is part of my report for last week:

m9akvxtmi1fr.png

• Helene610
    Restaurant meals are usually big enough for 2 servings. If she orders a to go meal, she’ll probably have two meals from it. Better option than fast food.
  • mdubbs1
    2nmitkduay99.png
  • KonaKat
    Maryanne--Great humor to start the day.

I just came from having lab work done. One lipid test out of the way. I am now enjoying my coffee. I'm tired and sneezing so I hope I'm not catching something.
  • KonaKat
    This website is a goldmine of information as well as its newsletters. I have yet to join but the freebie stuff on the site and the emails are worth checking out:

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/recipes
  • mdubbs1
    Maryanne--Great humor to start the day.

I just came from having lab work done. One lipid test out of the way. I am now enjoying my coffee. I'm tired and sneezing so I hope I'm not catching something.

I hope you're not catching anything either.

You should see the stock of cleaners and sanitizers that DH has accumulated. Methinks he's getting carried away.
  • mdubbs1
    This website is a goldmine of information as well as its newsletters. I have yet to join but the freebie stuff on the site and the emails are worth checking out:

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/recipes

I'll have to check it out!
  • Helene610
    Jean, I hope you don’t end up sick. Going to the doctor puts you in contact with too many sick people. I just got home from a scenic boat ride. Besides the pilot, it was me and Tom, a choir friend and his dog Maggie. DH couldn’t come because he’s working on a remodeling project. He has the plumber coming Friday so his piece needs to be finished by Thursday. Too bad. He missed a gorgeous day. Two dolphins came right behind the boat and body surfed in the wake. We could almost have reached out and touched them.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    Jean, I hope you don’t end up sick. Going to the doctor puts you in contact with too many sick people. I just got home from a scenic boat ride. Besides the pilot, it was me and Tom, a choir friend and his dog Maggie. DH couldn’t come because he’s working on a remodeling project. He has the plumber coming Friday so his piece needs to be finished by Thursday. Too bad. He missed a gorgeous day. Two dolphins came right behind the boat and body surfed in the wake. We could almost have reached out and touched them.

That sounds so neat!
  • KonaKat
    I got a late start this morning because of the lab work so I didn't think I would get in the mood to tackle the pedaling and step count but I gritted my teeteh and as of 5:30pm, I ended up with 10,072 steps.
  • KonaKat
    Helene--Experiencing the dolphins is such a fabulous experience. I don't think I caught anything at the doctor's office, but when I registered I was grilled as to my possible exposure to viruses and if I had been out of country.
  • mdubbs1
    I got a late start this morning because of the lab work so I didn't think I would get in the mood to tackle the pedaling and step count but I gritted my teeteh and as of 5:30pm, I ended up with 10,072 steps.

Well, that's darned impressive!!
  • mdubbs1
    Helene--Experiencing the dolphins is such a fabulous experience. I don't think I caught anything at the doctor's office, but when I registered I was grilled as to my possible exposure to viruses and if I had been out of country.

• KonaKat
    I am exhausted for some strange reason.

a299jemj2944.png