2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    KonaKat wrote: »
    I am exhausted for some strange reason.

a299jemj2944.png

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,645 Member
    Jean - all that stepping tired you out????
  • mdubbs1
    q8fr5mo2b97q.png
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    I had a 4000 step day today. I’m not in Jean’s league but I’ve been adding a bit more each day. I was up 500 steps from the previous day. Slow But steady progress works for me.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    edited February 2020
    Up at shortly before 6am. Put in 50 minutes of pedaling while watching the news. This equates to 2,648 steps according to my FitBit. The first alert that I haven't taken a minimum of 250 steps in the hour will come at 7:50am. Mine is set to give these alerts for 13 hours if I haven't gotten in the minimum 250 steps for that hour. Just doing the minimum steps for 13 hours will earn around 3000 steps. The idea is to focus upon movement throughout the day instead of concentrating upon one period.

I won't be mentioning my exercise again. I was just proud of my achievement after working up to it. I plan to go to the city today and have lunch with a friend. I want to do something there other than attach things to an appointment.
  • mdubbs1
    Up at shortly before 6am. Put in 50 minutes of pedaling while watching the news. This equates to 2,648 steps according to my FitBit. The first alert that I haven't taken a minimum of 250 steps in the hour will come at 7:50am. Mine is set to give these alerts for 13 hours if I haven't gotten in the minimum 250 steps for that hour. Just doing the minimum steps for 13 hours will earn around 3000 steps. The idea is to focus upon movement throughout the day instead of concentrating upon one period.

I won't be mentioning my exercise again. I was just proud of my achievement after working up to it. I plan to go to the city today and have lunch with a friend. I want to do something there other than attach things to an appointment.

That's a good idea - focusing on throughout the day.
  • Helene610
    Don’t stop sharing your exercise. It inspires me to fry harder. I was pretty proud of 4,000 steps and aim to continue to make progress. Maybe someday, I’ll reach 10,000. I’m going to see Cats this afternoon The 250 alert is very helpful. It spurs to to get up and move when it sounds. I’m sure it will be going off at Cats.
  • PamS53
    Jean, you have every right to be proud of your step counts. That’s not easy to achieve. I know I fall far short of that every day and I certainly could do better.

I just returned from my annual checkup with my primary care doctor. He ordered lab work so I don’t know what that will show, but otherwise he seemed satisfied that all is well. He did order an ultrasound of my carotid arteries because I recently had another syncopal episode while out to dinner with friends. I’ve had an EEG and a full heart workup without finding anything that would cause this, so now he’s thinking I might have restricted blood flow in my carotid arteries, which could be a precursor to TIAs or stroke.

My friend with cancer is home now with 24 hour hospice car. Her entire family, including grandkids and her sisters are arriving for the weekend. I fear that the end is very near for her. I’m very sad about it, but she is suffering from a lot pain which they are having a difficult time managing. Because of that, I am ok with a swift end to her suffering, though I will miss her greatly.
  • PamS53
    And I just learned that my niece is in the hospital for emergency surgery to remove a 9mm kidney stone. She’s the one who lives in Williamsburg, VA whose husband is currently serving in the army and is stationed in South Korea. He also informed her the day before he left that he wants a divorce. They have a 12 year old son and no family nearby. My sister is flying up tomorrow morning but that’s the earliest she can get there. Her boss and work family have stepped up and are taking care of their son and her boss said she would be with her during her surgery. Thank goodness for their help!
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »

I just returned from my annual checkup with my primary care doctor. He ordered lab work so I don’t know what that will show, but otherwise he seemed satisfied that all is well. He did order an ultrasound of my carotid arteries because I recently had another syncopal episode while out to dinner with friends. I’ve had an EEG and a full heart workup without finding anything that would cause this, so now he’s thinking I might have restricted blood flow in my carotid arteries, which could be a precursor to TIAs or stroke.

If they could find something like that early, that would be wonderful!!
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    My friend with cancer is home now 24 hour hospice car. Her entire family, including grandkids and her sisters are arriving for the weekend. I fear that the end is very near for her. I’m very sad about it, but she is suffering from a lot pain which they are having a difficult time managing. Because of that, I am ok with a swift end to her suffering, though I will miss her greatly.

My one grandmother ended her life in a nursing home room with two other beds. In one of the beds was a woman on such a heavy morphine drip it essentially made her unconscious. Occasionally something would happen with the drip and she'd wake up screaming in pain. That made an indelible impression on me.

I'm not a big gun proponent but I've told DH to make sure the guns stay in the house because I'm not going in a nursing home and if I'm ever in that much pain I want to be able to end it.

Apparently the most commonly used drug for self-termination where it's legal is no longer being manufactured. Geesh! I guess they're worried about lawsuits but still.........
  • mdubbs1
    Took our two black cats to the vet today. My vet of over 20 years is moving "home" so today may have been farewell.

Smokie needed a distemper shot. We somehow missed it at her last 2019 visit.

Jack was due for all his shots. He's the one from the PA SPCA who donated a cat to our late Gordy. Jack was SO good. Everybody loves Jack and he's such a miracle cat. Two years ago we were close to euthanasia but the surgery to remove his nose saved him. Last fall he had to have all his teeth extracted. But he looks good. I'm concerned about his kidney as he's drinking a lot of water but the vet thinks even if there's an issue because he looks so good it's early days.
  • KonaKat
    The day cold but clear so I went to the city to have lunch with a friend. We ate at the Outback and I had their Simple Tilapia with steamed veggies....around 400 calories but loaded with protein. I then went and bought Midnight a variety of cat food and treats as well as a new toy for National Love Your Pet Day.

O.K., I thought I might be coming across too strong about the exercise.

Pam--I am so sorry about your friend. My father died of cancer, so it is not a way we want to end our journey on Earth.

Maryanne--You celebrated Love Your Pet Day by taking cats to the vet! I'm sure they thought that was appropriate but we love our pets and taking them to the vet is part of it.

Helene--You will eventually get there. I started out with a lower number and built up. In fact, I was shocked at how few steps I had in a normal day at that time. I had to force myself...and still do...to get up and move or do some type of exercise.
  • KonaKat
    0xd2928cseza.png
  • Helene610
    We had a great time at Cats today...the traveling Broadway show, not the movie. The show was great. The dancers were obviously trained dancers. Reading their bios, one was a former Rockette. I had to catch up on my walking after the show. So far, I have 4000 steps done. I’m hoping for another 500 before bedtime.
  • mdubbs1
    The day cold but clear so I went to the city to have lunch with a friend. We ate at the Outback and I had their Simple Tilapia with steamed veggies....around 400 calories but loaded with protein. I then went and bought Midnight a variety of cat food and treats as well as a new toy for National Love Your Pet Day.

O.K., I thought I might be coming across too strong about the exercise.

Pam--I am so sorry about your friend. My father died of cancer, so it is not a way we want to end our journey on Earth.

Maryanne--You celebrated Love Your Pet Day by taking cats to the vet! I'm sure they thought that was appropriate but we love our pets and taking them to the vet is part of it.

Helene--You will eventually get there. I started out with a lower number and built up. In fact, I was shocked at how few steps I had in a normal day at that time. I had to force myself...and still do...to get up and move or do some type of exercise.

I didn't even know if was National Pet Day!

I'm trying to move all our annual vet visits into the summer, when my work is slowest. But it's going to take awhile to get there.
  • mdubbs1
    0xd2928cseza.png

• mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    We had a great time at Cats today...the traveling Broadway show, not the movie. The show was great. The dancers were obviously trained dancers. Reading their bios, one was a former Rockette. I had to catch up on my walking after the show. So far, I have 4000 steps done. I’m hoping for another 500 before bedtime.

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I haven't heard much good about the movie.
  • mdubbs1
    aa3nocg7y7h5.png
  • mdubbs1
    I can relate -

49b2s44uvevb.png