2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    I got in 5700 steps in today, 700 more than yesterday. I’m pleased that I’m making steady progress. I’ll have to read that article about the oxygen spikes.
  • Helene610
    Pam, I missed the post about your niece the first time around. How fortunate she went in for medical intervention when she did.I hope the rest of her recovery is smooth and uneventful.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,645 Member
    KonaKat wrote: »
    I wasn't as rigid with my eating this week as I didn't want the body to get used to a routine. I did, however, kept on track with the exercise with Monday when I had the appointment being the only one in which I did not get in 10,000 steps but made that up on other days.

wa0ixicsyks2.png

Wow, that's a lot of steps!!! Way to go!
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Good morning, everyone! The mouser got me up at 5:30am. I need to do some decluttering today. I got 6 hours and 59 minutes of sleep but still feel a little tired. I did have breakfast and forced myself to exercise.

Helene--Great job! Adding a few steps each day is the way to do it. I try to get the steps in for each hourly notification but have only managed that twice.
  • mdubbs1
    Good morning, everyone! The mouser got me up at 5:30am. I need to do some decluttering today. I got 6 hours and 59 minutes of sleep but still feel a little tired. I did have breakfast and forced myself to exercise.

Helene--Great job! Adding a few steps each day is the way to do it. I try to get the steps in for each hourly notification but have only managed that twice.

Decluttering certainly uses up some calories!!
  • mdubbs1
    zfa55he0lxdi.png
  • mdubbs1
    All our cats are terrified of sneezes.

a4w7jeitqqxa.png
  • Helene610
    Just finished brunch at the Over Easy Cafe. Had a delicious portobello omelet while enjoying the ambiance of their patio. We’re going to a concert at church and plan to just chill after that.
  • KonaKat
    Watching an afternoon of "1000 Lb. Sisters."

Helene--The omelet sounds good. Enjoy the concert!

Maryanne--Oh, what great expressions by that cat!
  • mdubbs1
    Watching an afternoon of "1000 Lb. Sisters."

Helene--The omelet sounds good. Enjoy the concert!

Maryanne--Oh, what great expressions by that cat!

I don't think I could do a whole afternoon of those shows. LOL!

I'm watching Diane (My 600-lb life) on the treadmill.
  • mdubbs1
    I lost a pound last week. I had a great week food and exercise wise. Just slow going at this age.

jkky4dq7moks.png
  • KonaKat
    Maryanne--Congrats upon your weight loss. One to two pounds is the recommended amount so you are on target.

I didn't bother to weigh in this week. I did discover today why sedentary people have difficulty losing weight. I worked today but awakened not feeling well. As a result, I did zero exercize before going to work other than the usual steps involved in fixing something to eat, getting ready, etc. I didn't overdo myself at work as it was primarily a "sit at desk" type of job with steps in between classes. Are you ready? From the time I got up to the time I got home, I managed to rack up 2805 steps. Guess what I did for an hour while watching Magnum, PI!
  • Helene610
    Great job losing a pound. I,ve been the same for a couple of days but I’m hoping for a little drop this week. My scale weighs in tenths so I see a few tenths at a time. I actually prefer that than having to wait for a whole pound. I’m doing good on the steps. I have a few hundred steps to get in before bedtime. Once I do that, I’ll have four 5000 plus days in a row.
  • Helene610
    Got my steps in so I made my 5000 steps. The day isn’t over so I’ll probably add a few hundred more before bedtime.
  • KonaKat
    Helene--Great going on the steps! I love it when you said "the day isn't over." Yes, there is always time to add more steps as long as it is reasonable.
  • KonaKat
    acyd6cmg0ikr.png
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Helene--Great going on the steps! I love it when you said "the day isn't over." Yes, there is always time to add more steps as long as it is reasonable.

• PamS53
    acyd6cmg0ikr.png

• PamS53
    I’m getting ready to go and vote in our primary. Early voting ends this week and I’d rather do it today although I’m still trying to decide which candidate to vote for in the presidential race. I really like Amy Klobuchar, but I think she will be dropping out soon. My second choice is Mayor Pete, but I also thinks he’s lacking in experience. My third choice is Joe Biden, but I really think he’s too old at this point for the rigors of the job. I’m not really on the Sanders or Warren bandwagon, and I’m not a fan of either of the billionaires in the race. Maybe I’ll flip a coin when I get there, lol.
  • mdubbs1
    Maryanne--Congrats upon your weight loss. One to two pounds is the recommended amount so you are on target.

I didn't bother to weigh in this week. I did discover today why sedentary people have difficulty losing weight. I worked today but awakened not feeling well. As a result, I did zero exercize before going to work other than the usual steps involved in fixing something to eat, getting ready, etc. I didn't overdo myself at work as it was primarily a "sit at desk" type of job with steps in between classes. Are you ready? From the time I got up to the time I got home, I managed to rack up 2805 steps. Guess what I did for an hour while watching Magnum, PI!

And my job IS one of those sit at a desk all day jobs.