2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    I've been on Zocor for a long time at a very low dose as it interacts with the heart meds at a dose I used to take. I went fron 40mg to 10mg and the older test results showed it. The current test results reflect the addition of better diet and exerise.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,645 Member
    KonaKat wrote: »
    I've been on Zocor for a long time at a very low dose as it interacts with the heart meds at a dose I used to take. I went fron 40mg to 10mg and the older test results showed it. The current test results reflect the addition of better diet and exerise.

• mdubbs1
    Kevin Costner is doing emails for Mayor Pete.
  • mdubbs1
    0vqhwh0jhzjo.png
  • KonaKat
    Now that the virus has been found in someone not having any contact with an infected person or having traveled, perhaps we might have a reason to take it seriously. I actually checked Amazon for medical face masks but will rely upon extensive hand washing.

I really would like a good restaurant meal or carryout but there are none here in our limited ones that have appropriate menu items. I don't feel like driving 50+ miles to one.
  • mdubbs1
    Now that the virus has been found in someone not having any contact with an infected person or having traveled, perhaps we might have a reason to take it seriously. I actually checked Amazon for medical face masks but will rely upon extensive hand washing.

I really would like a good restaurant meal or carryout but there are none here in our limited ones that have appropriate menu items. I don't feel like driving 50+ miles to one.

Yeah, that's a long, long way to go for a restaurant. It's almost like me going to northern VA.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    From all the coverage I’ve seen, a face mask doesn’t do anything for a healthy person. It’s the sick person who needs the mask to contain their germs. Masks for healthy people were only recommended on planes, doctors’ offices or places like that where people are in close contact for many hours. The CDC recommends frequent hand washing, not touching your face and sneezing or coughing into your elbow. There are no cases in FL yet but hordes of spring breakers will arrive in March so they may bring it with them. The FL governor says the state is well prepared and has planned for any outbreaks. Based on past performance, I trust him much more than Trump or Pence.

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    I had an appointment today for an ultrasound scan of my carotid arteries. As I was leaving the building I walked down a flight of stairs with my hand on the handrail. As soon as I got back to my car I dug out the hand sanitizer from my purse and used a generous squirt of it, then when I got home the first thing I did was wash my hands with soap and water. I’m trying to be very conscious about it, especially when I’ve been out of the house, but not so paranoid that I avoid leaving home, lol. At the imaging center I had to fill out a questionnaire about whether I’d had any recent exposure or risk factors for the virus before they would do the scan on me.
  • KonaKat
    When I had my ortho appointment on the 17th, I was questionned if I had traveled out of country recently. The price of hand sanitizer will be going up.
  • mdubbs1
    edited February 2020
    When I had my ortho appointment on the 17th, I was questionned if I had traveled out of country recently. The price of hand sanitizer will be going up.

Doctors have been asking that her for a couple years for some reason.

I hate hand sanitizer. DH has bought a bunch of it and says it's becoming unavailable.

DH says the face masks most folks are wearing won't contain a virus.

I'm worried about supply chain disruption in general so am stocking up on Jack's meds, cat food and the litter they are used to. Wish I could do that with my meds but it would involve trying to convince the pharmacy to sell to me without running through insurance and I can just picture what a fight that would be (go outside our normal system??? OH NO!). At least when I see the cardiologist in a couple weeks I can ask her to write me a 3-month prescription for the one drug for which I now have only a 1-month prescription (which looking at the number of refills she put on it I think was just a mistake).

At least they've traced that one case in California. What a messed up story that became!!
  • mdubbs1
  • mdubbs1
    The amazing race has suspended production and brought everyone back to the states. DH is devastated.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Are they suspending production due to fears about the Coronavirus?
  • KonaKat
    What would people do if stuck indoors all day? Probably what I do in normal times:

https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/netflix-coronavirus-benefit-stay-at-home-stocks-1203518686/
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    Are they suspending production due to fears about the Coronavirus?

Yes, with all the places they travel, I imagine it makes sense.

I've been wondering if it will impact survivor. The seasons of Survivor that should air next fall and next spring would normally be filmed this spring.
  • mdubbs1
    What would people do if stuck indoors all day? Probably what I do in normal times:

https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/netflix-coronavirus-benefit-stay-at-home-stocks-1203518686/

Some of the companies benefiting make sense but wouldn't have immediately occurred to me - like companies that do telemedicine.

Consumer spending is expected to lag. We have a mailing going out tomorrow. I'm going to go ahead and send it and cross my fingers. Hopefully before time for the spring newsletter I'll have a feel one way or the other for whether to do it.

We also have a cat show in two weeks. Hopefully we'll get that in.
  • KonaKat
    I might be stocking up on ibuprophen that has a long expiration date. I already checked to see in what country my main heart medicine is made, and I am reasonably safe as it is made in Germany.

• mdubbs1
    I might be stocking up on ibuprophen that has a long expiration date. I already checked to see in what country my main heart medicine is made, and I am reasonably safe as it is made in Germany.

• mdubbs1
    In charge of our country's coronavirus response:

Pence has infamously claimed that “smoking doesn’t kill” and that “global warming is a myth.” Had he taken action sooner to battle the spread of HIV with clean needle distribution when he was Indiana governor, the infection rate in one county would have been reduced by 90%, according to a study by researchers from the Yale School of Public Health.

Pence also does not believe in evolution — but that God created man just as it says in the Bible.
  • KonaKat
    Down 10 pounds since January 1 applying the NS guidelines for eating without their food as well as 3 nights a week of NS food and exercise every day. I would like to be down 5 more before my cardiologist appointment in late April. The problem is that I have a trip scheduled in early April and I always gain at least 5 pounds on a trip. I can leave food but the person with me cleans up and at the end of the trip gains around a pound.