2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,645 Member
    Helene610 wrote: »
    I got in more than the 1300 steps I needed. I decided to push on and I walked 6000 steps yesterday. The steps are paying off. I had two days of loses in a row. Today was 8 tenths of a pound. It totaled a pound when I combined the amounts. Over the holidays, I maintained with a half pound range but really didn’t have any real losses. I think my eating is generally on track but the last couple of weeks shows I really have to do the exercise if I want to make progress.

/quote]

Good job!!
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Midnight got me up at 2:30 with a digestive issue. By the time I cleaned up, I couldn't go back to sleep. I turned on the TV and the X-Files on Hulu and pedaled to pass the time.

I was almost out of liquid hand soap and also antibacterial gel, so I decided I would go to the local Dollar Store and see what I could find. There were 3 large bottles and 2 medium of the antibacterial gel and a few large and a few small hand soaps. I got one large of the antibacterial gel and a large liquid hand soap.

I saw tht the expiration date on the Advil was 2020 so I picked up a couple of them. I also only had 3 rolls of toilet tissue so I decided to get a package of 12 rolls. That is all I am doing to be proactive just in case this virus thing gets out of control.
  • KonaKat
    The date on the Advil was 2022. I need to proof more before I post as this thing won't let me edit any longer. I am feeling an urge to pedal coming on.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Midnight got me up at 2:30 with a digestive issue. By the time I cleaned up, I couldn't go back to sleep. I turned on the TV and the X-Files on Hulu and pedaled to pass the time.

I was almost out of liquid hand soap and also antibacterial gel, so I decided I would go to the local Dollar Store and see what I could find. There were 3 large bottles and 2 medium of the antibacterial gel and a few large and a few small hand soaps. I got one large of the antibacterial gel and a large liquid hand soap.

I saw tht the expiration date on the Advil was 2020 so I picked up a couple of them. I also only had 3 rolls of toilet tissue so I decided to get a package of 12 rolls. That is all I am doing to be proactive just in case this virus thing gets out of control.

• PamS53
    The date on the Advil was 2022. I need to proof more before I post as this thing won't let me edit any longer. I am feeling an urge to pedal coming on.

• Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    I bought DH a couple extra loaves of GF bread. I popped it in the freezer. I only have a top of the refrigerator freezer or I might have bought a couple more. If he runs out of bread, he’ll be living on oatmeal. GF is a necessity for his health; not a lifestyle choice. We refilled most of our prescriptions last week and they’re 90 day supplies. So I guess we’ll survive.
  • mdubbs1
    edited March 2020
    I bought DH a couple extra loaves of GF bread. I popped it in the freezer. I only have a top of the refrigerator freezer or I might have bought a couple more. If he runs out of bread, he’ll be living on oatmeal. GF is a necessity for his health; not a lifestyle choice. We refilled most of our prescriptions last week and they’re 90 day supplies. So I guess we’ll survive.

I think I was the only one at two grocery stores today stocking up. In fact the stores were pretty empty. I don't think I bought anything we don't ordinarily buy so not wasteful. I am considering one exception though - what I call "shelf milk". We have tons of (decaf) coffee but I'd miss milk!
  • mdubbs1

I must say at least several times a day "I MISS pain killers". Tylenol just doesn't do it. But I've been good. I don't even have anything else.
  • KonaKat
    Maryanne--I agree that Tylenol does nothing but then it isn't the same type of drug as Advil or Aleve.
  • PamS53
    N
    Maryanne--I agree that Tylenol does nothing but then it isn't the same type of drug as Advil or Aleve.

I found a headache pain reliever at Target that is a combo of acetaminophen and Advil that works wonders for my headaches. Luckily, I am able to take either drug without issues. I found that neither drug alone did anything for me, but the combo really does the job for me.
  • mdubbs1
    edited March 2020

Which of course is why I'm allowed to take it. Before I was taking fairly decent size doses of naproxen sodium (brand name is aleve) and it worked great! I should use the pain as fuel for my weight loss efforts. Maybe eventually I could get rid of my high blood pressure and be able to take painkillers again. Heh, a girl can hope!
  • mdubbs1
    Well, we're not going to get to vote for Mayor Pete! I watched his speech last evening and was extremely impressed. That man is going to go places. If this country can just get past its homophobia.
  • mdubbs1
    I was extremely diligent about my calories last week. The scale says I lost two pounds.

t1zzxhclwsaf.png
  • mdubbs1
    I just realized my 30-lb bear can come out nof the closet. YEAH! (I'm tracking everything from my all time highest weight.(
  • Helene610
    Maryanne, I’ll bet you’re right that weight loss would bring your BP down naturally. And you might be able to get off the BP meds. Losing weight might also lessen the need for pain killers because of less pressure on your joints. I’m close to your thirty pound loss. I’m at 27 pounds down right now.
  • Helene610
    Have you noticed we’re talking more about healthy habits and weight loss? 2020 must be our year of healthy habits. I think we are inspiring each other to keep at it. I’ve been logging all my meals and working at increasing my steps. I walked 6200 steps yesterday. I find if I don’t exceed the previous day’s total by early evening, I feel compelled to walk around the house until I better my total. I’m 2 pounds over the first benchmark Noom set for me. They thought I’d get there by early December, not knowing I’d take the holidays off. I should hit their goal sometime this month. I won’t be at my ultimate goal so I’m sure they’ll give me a new number to shoot for.
  • Helene610
    I came across the lab report from my last lab work. My cholesterol was 139. I’m on a low dose of atorvastin. I guess it’s doing it’s job. I resisted going on it a few years ago. I think my number was around 210. When I look at the difference, I guess my doctor knew what she was talking about. It’s really done the job.
  • PamS53
    My friend who has been battling cancer passed away this morning. I’m very sad that she’s gone, but relieved that she’s no longer in pain. No information yet about services but probably before the end of the week. Her sons and their families live in Chicago and Indianapolis, so they may need some time to make arrangements.

While the three of you are doing well in your healthier habits and weight loss, I’m going the other direction. I haven’t been motivated to work on myself and it shows in my weight gain. I know I need to get a handle on it but so far I just haven’t been able to make myself do it. Exercise is the key for me, but I can’t get myself moving. Perhaps now that the weather is improving that will help. I’m very happy that you are all doing so well and hoping to join your ranks soon.
  • mdubbs1
    Have you noticed we’re talking more about healthy habits and weight loss? 2020 must be our year of healthy habits. I think we are inspiring each other to keep at it. I’ve been logging all my meals and working at increasing my steps. I walked 6200 steps yesterday. I find if I don’t exceed the previous day’s total by early evening, I feel compelled to walk around the house until I better my total. I’m 2 pounds over the first benchmark Noom set for me. They thought I’d get there by early December, not knowing I’d take the holidays off. I should hit their goal sometime this month. I won’t be at my ultimate goal so I’m sure they’ll give me a new number to shoot for.

Jean got us started and since my cardiologist voice is also in my head, I really appreciate it!

I feel like I'm "in the zone". The trick is to stay there.

About 12:30 today I consciously realized I wasn't hungry and all I'd had before that was high protein oatmeal with one of those tiny boxes of raisins and a splash of skim milk. I can really see why they have people eat like this after weight loss surgery.
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    My friend who has been battling cancer passed away this morning. I’m very sad that she’s gone, but relieved that she’s no longer in pain. No information yet about services but probably before the end of the week. Her sons and their families live in Chicago and Indianapolis, so they may need some time to make arrangements.

While the three of you are doing well in your healthier habits and weight loss, I’m going the other direction. I haven’t been motivated to work on myself and it shows in my weight gain. I know I need to get a handle on it but so far I just haven’t been able to make myself do it. Exercise is the key for me, but I can’t get myself moving. Perhaps now that the weather is improving that will help. I’m very happy that you are all doing so well and hoping to join your ranks soon.

Sometimes death is a blessing. I worked with a grief counselor the first time we lost a cat and she explained one thing that really stuck with me. With sudden death, the grief comes all at once. With a lingering death, the same amount of grief is spread out over a long period of time and we shouldn't be upset if the actual death is not as traumatic (in comparison).

When I look back over my sporadic weight checks over the last couple years I was dismayed to see just how long it had been since I'd been really serious. We'll see if I can sustain it longer term this time!!

If I avoid the usual birthday binge in March I'll know I'm really off to a good start. I know I keep saying that but for me it's a big deal. Avoid that, stay on track.