2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    I really pushed on the steps yesterday. Once I had 6200 steps, I thought I could push on to 7000 steps. Then I saw 7000 steps was only 2.97 miles, I really wanted 3 miles. So I walked another 130 steps to get that 3 mile marker. My challenge button has been activated and I’ve been surprising myself how much I can actually do when I put the effort in. I had a scale surprise this morning. I’m down a pound. I’m at the top of a new decade of weight and I’m one pound away from my first Noom weight goal.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Good job, Helene! You are really doing great!
  • Helene610
    Thank Pam. The pats on the back really encourage me to stay on track. It’s like when you go to the gym with a friend. You make yourself show up because the friend expects you. I definitely respond to positive peer pressure.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,645 Member
    Helene610 wrote: »
    I really pushed on the steps yesterday. Once I had 6200 steps, I thought I could push on to 7000 steps. Then I saw 7000 steps was only 2.97 miles, I really wanted 3 miles. So I walked another 130 steps to get that 3 mile marker. My challenge button has been activated and I’ve been surprising myself how much I can actually do when I put the effort in. I had a scale surprise this morning. I’m down a pound. I’m at the top of a new decade of weight and I’m one pound away from my first Noom weight goal.

Way to go!!

I'm getting a lot of steps in all my grocery store runs. And I'm getting a little tired of it.
  • mdubbs1
    I saw my first hint of shortages today. I found the - what I call "shelf milk" - section of the grocery store and it was almost empty.

• KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Helene--You are doing great!! Those little reminders of how attainable a goal is really works to tell us "Yes, you can!" and then you do!!

I went to the city today so I am way down on my steps, but I will see what I can do.
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Helene--You are doing great!! Those little reminders of how attainable a goal is really works to tell us "Yes, you can!" and then you do!!

I went to the city today so I am way down on my steps, but I will see what I can do.

• mdubbs1
    5u8jtt3hvepu.png
  • mdubbs1
    Today is day 3 of my first ever "packet week". So far I've been completely faithful to "the plan".

• Helene610
    Great plan, Maryanne. You always do well on packet days. Doing a week will probably jumpstart your weight loss.

I ‘m going to have a lower total of steps today. I’m okay with that. I spent a couple of hours with my neighbor Bonnie. One of the things we did was walk through a historic cemetery on Captiva. It was a leisurely stroll since we were reading headstones. I’ll probably rack up 3500 to 4000 steps by day’s end. We’d been talking about getting together for quite a while. It was nice being able to spend time with her. I’ll get back to my higher step count tomorrow.
  • KonaKat
    Maryanne--Congrats upon bbeing faithful to the packet week plan. I think it pays off when we vary what the body has come to expect, or a little shock to the metabolism.

Helene--It was great that you could spend time with your friend. It is ok that a day or two of the week may not have the expected step count; the important thing is not to permit that day or two to become 7 days a week.

I did end up meeting my step goal for the day. Usually, when I know I am going to have a day that might end up with me not meeting the daily goal, I make an effort on one or two days to build in extra steps so that the number of steps won't be too far below the prior week.
  • PamS53
    Maryanne--Congrats upon bbeing faithful to the packet week plan. I think it pays off when we vary what the body has come to expect, or a little shock to the metabolism.

Helene--It was great that you could spend time with your friend. It is ok that a day or two of the week may not have the expected step count; the important thing is not to permit that day or two to become 7 days a week.

I did end up meeting my step goal for the day. Usually, when I know I am going to have a day that might end up with me not meeting the daily goal, I make an effort on one or two days to build in extra steps so that the number of steps won't be too far below the prior week.

• Helene610
    My day ended up better than I expected. I have 4600 steps done. I may add a few hundred more before bedtime. Not bad considering I took a few hours off with Bonnie this afternoon.
  • mdubbs1
    I watched this week's Biggest Loser episode. They had one contestant break an ankle on the challenge.

I was watching something they had someone doing during the "last chance workout' last week or the week before and remember thinking "why in the world would they risk injury like that?" I think you can work out hard without taking such risks.
  • Helene610
    I saw that too. I thought she sprained her ankle even though she said she heard it snap. I don’t think the challenge was inherently unsafe. She took a flying leap into the water instead of stepping into it. Later she said she thought the water would be a couple of feet deep. The one positive that came out of it was that she showed you can still do some form of exercise even with physical limitations.

I ended yesterday with over 5000 steps, in spite of my taking the afternoon off. I started my day with a serving of overnight oats. It’s so easy to make. I put a half cup of Bob’s Red Mill steel cut oats into a cup. I like to add a T of chia seeds but that’s optional. I sprinkle in cinnamon and add milk to the cup to cover the oats. It takes only a couple of minutes to combine the ingredients. I refrigerate it overnight. In the morning, I add raisins and a squirt of SF Log Cabin maple syrup. I nuke it for one minute because I like my oatmeal warm. I log the components into my food log. Today’s totaled 262 calories. I buy a 2 pound bag of oats and I don’t think I paid more than $5 for it. I got it at Job Lot which is a store similar to Big Lots. So it’s much cheaper than the instant packets.

I almost forgot to mention I lost another 4 tenths of a pound. I’m six tenths away from my Noom goal. I should be there sometime this week. I still have a long way to go so they’ll be giving me a new goal when I get there. When I lose one more pound, I’ll be down 30 pounds since last May. I did the first 15 pounds on my own.
  • PamS53
    qnpnabc4eq9x.jpeg
  • Helene610
    So, that’s why I have a weight problem. Good one Pam.
  • KonaKat
    Pam--Very good one. That also reminded me of a woman who suvived a plane wreck after weeks of them searching for the crash in a cold snow area. I don't remember the location but she was very obese so the fat kept her warm and provided the body with some food, and the snow was the needed water.

Helene--Congrats! You are doing a super job! You'll be shopping for some new clothes!

Maryanne--I didn't see The Biggest Loser because the station was temporarily off air for our cable.
  • mdubbs1
    Pam--Very good one. That also reminded me of a woman who suvived a plane wreck after weeks of them searching for the crash in a cold snow area. I don't remember the location but she was very obese so the fat kept her warm and provided the body with some food, and the snow was the needed water.

Helene--Congrats! You are doing a super job! You'll be shopping for some new clothes!

Maryanne--I didn't see The Biggest Loser because the station was temporarily off air for our cable.

• mdubbs1
    Pam - that's too funny!

Helene - good job!

Jean - I'll have to remember that excuse for being fat!

I just got home from a client meeting. I'm hungry but probably not as hungry as I'd be if I'd had NS for breakfast and lunch instead of high protein packet meals.