2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Maryanne--Congrats upon the 3 pound loss. You're happy and I am sure that the cardiologist will be also. Does your cardiologist's portal have a record of how much you weighed when last there?

Hopkins has a great, easy to use portal but its only as good as the information input. And my last weight wasn't. Well, I've got my spreadsheet to show her - weekly weight, weekly blood pressure readings and weekly treadmill minutes (which is more for the endocrinologist). I've done what I could since blowing it over the holidays. (And I wasn't even nearly as bad over the holidays as usual).
  • mdubbs1
    I am tired and I am sneezing. Great timing for a doctor's appointment.

I hope you don't get grief in the waiting room.

I'm not looking forward to sitting in the cardiologist's waiting room with my chronic cough. I feel like I should have a t-shirt that says something like "this is the same cough I've had for decades".

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    At my recent routine doctor’s visit there was a box of face masks and a sign requesting anyone who had a sneeze or cough to wear one. That was just when the Coronavirus was starting to make headlines.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    My sneezing disappeared before the doctor's appointment. I didn't have to wait long, and there were signs advising those who were sneezing or coughing to use one of their masks. We were in the midst of a flu epidemic when the CoVid-19 scare began.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    I couldn’t get into the site this morning. I just got the circle of death wheel. We were at the doctors office today to review some of a DH’s test results. The doctor wants to change a couple of things. Both receptionists were wearing face masks as they checked people in. They had bottles of hand sanitizers on tables in the office so I at helped myself and had DH do the same.
  • KonaKat
    10ry718qq3sq.png

Trust me, but I'm not going to do that one day again. I had done 15,000 a couple of days so I decided I would see if I could do 20,000. I did it but that will not be done again.

• mdubbs1
    10ry718qq3sq.png

Trust me, but I'm not going to do that one day again. I had done 15,000 a couple of days so I decided I would see if I could do 20,000. I did it but that will not be done again.

I can see why - that would be a LOT!!!
  • Helene610
    20,000! Even if you only do it once, you’re a rock star of steps. My high so far has been 7,000 but I’m working to increase my totals. I’d be thrilled to get 10,000.
  • Helene610
    I got my weekly Fitbit stats too. I’m not tech savvy so I don’t know how to take and post a screenshot. Here’s the highlights. I did 39,415 steps last week, totaling 16.6 miles. I never thought I had that many steps in me. It motivates me to aim higher this week. My highest day was over 7,000 steps. I’ve been doing 5000-6000 steps a day.
  • KonaKat
    Helene--Great job!! Keep it up!! I'm not feeling well today so I haven't done anything about steps yet.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    I got my weekly Fitbit stats too. I’m not tech savvy so I don’t know how to take and post a screenshot. Here’s the highlights. I did 39,415 steps last week, totaling 16.6 miles. I never thought I had that many steps in me. It motivates me to aim higher this week. My highest day was over 7,000 steps. I’ve been doing 5000-6000 steps a day.

Wow! Goot job!
  • mdubbs1
    The cardiologist was pleased with me. Weight-wise I was 11.5 pounds since she last saw me. If I just hadn't gained first....

I go back in 6 months and this time I'm determined not to gain before I start losing.

I am rethinking the birthday dinner out. With everything going on I think cooking here makes more sense. And the more I thought about it the more I decided I'd rather eat my own cooking. I just will only buy enough for one day.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Maryanne, congrats on being down 11.5 pounds since your last visit! I’m sure your doctor was pleased since most of his patients are probably gaining instead of losing. I think cooking at home is a good idea, since you can be in control of what you cook and how. No surprises like extra salt or fat in the ingredients.

Jean, I’m sorry you aren’t feeling well. I hope you can kick whatever it is to the curb quickly.

Helene, you’re doing well with your steps. Even if every day isn’t a record breaker, at least you’re getting in a good amount of steps.

We were out late last night. My sister has been in Williamsburg, VA for 2 weeks taking care of her daughter who was sick with a very bad kidney infection caused by 3 large kidney stones. After the infection cleared up they were able to blast the stones and she is now feeling much better and able to go back to work and care for her 12 year old son. So last night my sister flew back home and we picked her up at the airport at 11:00 last night. That’s a late night for us now, lol! She spent the night and left this morning to head home, which is about 2 hours away. Her family there will be happy to see her as she is the only one who cooks, normally.
  • Helene610
    Jean, just do whatever you feel up to. If it’s no steps, that’s okay. It’s more important that you take care of yourself and rest. You can pick up the steps whoever you feel up to it.
  • Helene610
    Pam, that’s wonderful news that your niece is doing so much better and is at home. It’s hard when family is sick so far away. When I first read your post, I thought she had a 2 year old. I was going to ask if anyone was around to help her with him. Now I realize he’s 12 and can give her a hand if she needs help for herself.

Maryanne, that’s great news that you’ve lost 11.5 pounds since your last cardiology appointment. Keep it going and you’ll knock her socks off next time.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene--Great job!! Keep it up!! I'm not feeling well today so I haven't done anything about steps yet.

I think we'll have days like that. Be careful not to make yourself worse!!
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    We were out late last night. My sister has been in Williamsburg, VA for 2 weeks taking care of her daughter who was sick with a very bad kidney infection caused by 3 large kidney stones. After the infection cleared up they were able to blast the stones and she is now feeling much better and able to go back to work and care for her 12 year old son. So last night my sister flew back home and we picked her up at the airport at 11:00 last night. That’s a late night for us now, lol! She spent the night and left this morning to head home, which is about 2 hours away. Her family there will be happy to see her as she is the only one who cooks, normally.

11 is definitely late for me (and DH goes to bed at 6 am since his work starts so early). I'm glad your niece is doing better!
  • mdubbs1
    edited March 2020
    The cardiologists' office (there are quite a few of them at what is a Hopkins "outpost") was very laid back. My cardiologist herself seems a little underwhelmed by all the hoopla. She says people are calling to cancel but think they should be able to spend an hour on the phone with her. We commiserated a little. My in-box is filled with emails from employers wanting to know if they can exclude coverage for coronavirus from their employee benefit plans. Heh they want to pay the firm $475 an hour to answer stupid questions, I'll bite!

For years, this building has had counters dispensing tissues, hand sanitizer and face masks. Today the face mask slot had a sign that you needed to see the security guard. I bet people were stealing them.
  • mdubbs1
    c6oldb2xj3yk.png