2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    On the National news, Trump was asked if he takes any responsibility for the slowness of testing. Of course he said no. He was asked why he disbanded the office which was meant to deal with health emergencies. He said it wasn’t him. It was his administration. I guess he’s never heard of Truman’s famous quote, “the buck stops here”. When asked if he planned to be tested after being at events with people who tested positive, he said no because he has no symptoms. Then he waffled and said he’d probably get tested at some point although he couldn’t say when. And he’s still shaking hands with people. Ivanka is self quarantining herself because she had contact with someone who tested positive. I’m with you in hopes that all this bungling prevents him from getting second term.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    I loved the company CEO who wouldn't shake his hand but bumped arms. They were just saying on TV how bizarre it was to see all these (men!) who are supposed to be role models shaking hands.
  • mdubbs1
    hkei35t8azd6.png
  • Helene610
    They probably are afraid to tell Trump no hand shaking. He holds out his hand and they follow his lead. The head of the CDC should remind Trump to stop shaking hands during the crisis. They showed him the other night with a foreign leader at the White House. They each put their hands together as if praying and then inclined the hands like a hand bow. He even commented on it. Yet today, he was shaking hands.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    kaxmlgre87mc.jpeg
  • mdubbs1
    Pam - that's a good one! Let's all hope by May we have some clarity (although I confess I'm not holding out much hope).

Hopkins is looking at using antibodies from people who've recovered to help sick people. Great idea in the short term. Anything to help while they work on a vaccine.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Good morning, everyone! It is just another routine day but it is sunny, something positive in this CoVid-19 time.
  • PamS53
    My cable and internet were out for 24 hours and I got bored. Yesterday I made 12 mini face masks to put on the Corona beers we will serve tomorrow night at our Mexican themed dinner party. Thank goodness I’ve got internet and cable again as I really don't enjoy crafting that much! I’m getting ready now to face the hoards of shoppers to buy the last of the ingredients needed for the party. I couldn’t buy most of the things on the list too early as they needed to be fresh. I’m hoping my friends don’t get spooked by all the hype and decide not to come. I’ll have a lot of sour cream chicken enchiladas to eat if that happens!
  • Helene610
    The TV sports fanatics will have a boring weekend. All major sports have been canceled. Poor things .:)
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Good morning, everyone! It is just another routine day but it is sunny, something positive in this CoVid-19 time.

It's a beautiful sunny day here. I fed the colonies and stopped at the grocery store. I'm gradually seeing what all I can squeeze into the freezer. LOL!
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    My cable and internet were out for 24 hours and I got bored. Yesterday I made 12 mini face masks to put on the Corona beers we will serve tomorrow night at our Mexican themed dinner party. Thank goodness I’ve got internet and cable again as I really don't enjoy crafting that much! I’m getting ready now to face the hoards of shoppers to buy the last of the ingredients needed for the party. I couldn’t buy most of the things on the list too early as they needed to be fresh. I’m hoping my friends don’t get spooked by all the hype and decide not to come. I’ll have a lot of sour cream chicken enchiladas to eat if that happens!

Ah, that sounds cute! I know some folks like crafting but I never did. Here's hoping your party goes well.

• PamS53
    I needed to go to the store today for fresh produce and other ingredients for tomorrow’s dinner party. I went to my nearby Target superstore, where I normally shop for most of my groceries. It was crazy! I purposefully went early, thinking the shelves would have been restocked overnight. When I got there, the bread, peanut butter, soup and frozen vegetable shelves were completely bare, as well as a number of other random areas. I needed black beans and the area where all types of canned beans normally are located was empty as well. I asked a stocker if they had any waiting to be unpacked but he said he didn’t have any. Another customer overheard me and showed me where there were a few cans on an end cap as part of a display of some sort. While the store was very full of customers, similar to a Saturday before Christmas, all the of the customers seemed to be polite and behaving courteously. I didn’t even attempt to see if there was any TP on the shelves since I scored some earlier in the week, but I did notice that there was no hand sanitizer to be had. I eventually had to complete my list at another store because there were 3 items I needed that Target was completely out of, but in the end my mission was completed in a little over an hour. Now I’m taking a short break before DH and I get back to cleaning the house. Bathrooms are cleaned and my next chore is dusting, which is my least favorite chore of all. DH will vacuum and mop, so that is a big help for me. Tomorrow all I have to do is make the sauce for the enchiladas and chop some vegetables and fruit. Veggies go in the Mexican Cole slaw and the fruit goes in the Sangria. Hopefully an easy day tomorrow.
  • mdubbs1
    Note on NS board:

24 hour stores like Wegmans just changed their hours to try to restock their stores.

MAD note:

The stores here used to stock overnight but now they just stock while people are shopping. Since most of the employees are on their cell phones, it can make getting around the store sort of annoying.

From the Washington Post:

The companies that feed America brace for labor shortages and worry about restocking stores as coronavirus pandemic intensifies

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/03/13/food-supply-shortage-coronavirus/
  • mdubbs1
    qoyeq10fwbyd.png
  • KonaKat
    WalMart in the city locations has done away with its night hours to permit better cleaning and stocking where possible. Word is that the basics including canned foods were almost gone. I know when I was last in there last week, the aisles were full of the employees filling carts for customers who had called in orders.
  • mdubbs1
    jax3a0e5qbvi.png
  • KonaKat
    Maryanne--YOu beat me to posting that meme. So funny! I went to the store right after it opened and stocked up on some shelf stable items.
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Maryanne--YOu beat me to posting that meme. So funny! I went to the store right after it opened and stocked up on some shelf stable items.

A CROM volunteer emailed it to me.
  • mdubbs1
    Thoughts of Dog®

https://twitter.com/dog_feelings

T.the human has been working from home the last couple days. and every so often. they let me participate in the video calls. all the other humans cheer when they see me. i am the only thing holding their company together

32q00g7pdvk6.png
  • mdubbs1
    How the h______ is this possible?

New NBC/WSJ poll

Trump job performance
    Approve 46%
    Disapprove 51%