2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    I went back today to a store for a prescription. When I was there yesterday the toilet paper aisle was empty. Today it was restocked. Funny thing to notice!
  • mdubbs1
    20qnc934vlsz.png
  • mdubbs1
    xramweq03ge7.png
  • mdubbs1
    There's no excuse for the US ridiculous response to this crisis. The reason of course is our president is a moron and only surrounds himself with sycophants. This moron has been hurting people for years, he's certainly killed some since taking office (see border among other things) and now he's taking this opportunity to kill many many more. I read he's met with at least two people who've tested positive for the virus. We can only hope. Pence is awful but I don't think Congress would be even a little scared of him.

I also want Bernie to bow out gracefully. Now. It's time for unity.
  • mdubbs1
    cpq29x32w3wa.png
  • mdubbs1
    h9p4mjyuzoag.png
    0bw6xar35eu9.png
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    We’re going to a potluck dinner at church tonight. Our neighbors planned to come with us but they canceled because the husband was nervous about the attending. He had recent back surgery and just had the staples removed today. I’d be cautious in his place as well. His wife baked biscotti for tonight. She sent a container over for me so we’ll enjoy her baking. I made a caprese salad.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    I live close to both Ohio and Kentucky. As a result, we hear all the news about those states. Ohio and Kentucky have both shut down schools for three weeks. Our state as of today has no confirmed cases but the Governor has required all major public events such as sporting events be cancelled. The two major universities in our state have gone to online instruction only for a period of time, and the largest civic center in the state has cancelled all events. The Extension Service has required all events throughouit the state be cancelled.

I work tomorrow after all week being off after I cancelled Monday because of no sleep and pain. I am waiting to hear when I will have an MRI on my bumb arm and shoulder. Right now, I am on some prescription containing codeine to help with the pain. Despite all this, I have still managed to get in my 10,000+ steps each day.

I think people have to use common sense about this situation. I did go and buy some things for an individual who could not find them in their location as they were available here but not in large numbers.
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »

I work tomorrow after all week being off after I cancelled Monday because of no sleep and pain. I am waiting to hear when I will have an MRI on my bumb arm and shoulder. Right now, I am on some prescription containing codeine to help with the pain. Despite all this, I have still managed to get in my 10,000+ steps each day.

That's impressive!
  • mdubbs1
    Maryland’s public schools are closing Monday for the next two weeks, state officials announced Thursday, an extraordinary step that will send about 1 million children home to slow the spread of the new coronavirus.

The move was one of a number of sweeping directives from Gov. Larry Hogan, acting in the wake of the state’s first case of the virus spreading within the community rather than from travel.

Hogan directed senior centers to close and large gatherings to be canceled. He closed the cruise ship terminal at the Port of Baltimore and activated the National Guard.

Hogan’s also ordered nonessential state employees to telework if possible, hospitals to adopt new visitor policies, and state prisons to suspend all visits.
  • Helene610
    Our area has banned nursing home visits and are screening hospital visits. No children are allowed at hospitals. They are consolidating some polling places for next weeks primaries. Some of the sites were in senior centers so those are out. They also had about 100 poll workers cancel because they are afraid of being exposed. Spring training baseball games are cancelled as well. Colleges are going to online classes but so far high schools and elementary schools are still open.

Attendance at the potluck was about two thirds normal. The group that normally brings appetizers stayed home. Offering on that table were slim pickings.
  • mdubbs1
    Maryland is thinking about doing a mail only primary.
  • mdubbs1
    871ssit0qham.png
  • mdubbs1
    kb4fqvgxdim8.png
  • Helene610
    That’s impressive. Miller’s probably added years to his life.
  • mdubbs1
    I suspect both the cat show we were supposed to do this weekend and the flea market we're signed up for in a couple weeks fall under the governor's ban. But I wonder if either of them will comply. As of yesterday (but before the ban) the cat show folks were still planning to move forward. It's their livelihood so I can see why they'd be concerned.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    I am without internet and cable at the moment so I can only read and post from my phone. We are supposed to have a technician out this afternoon to repair it.

I’m convinced that our idiot in chief is withholding information about the severity of the epidemic. I read what his office is putting out then compare it with the first hand reports I see on Twitter and Facebook from sources I check and confirm as legit and the two versions are vastly different. My hope is that his bungling of this crisis will be his undoing and result in him not being re-elected.

A lot of the schools in our area are extending their Spring Breaks for another week and exploring the feasibility of doing some online classes. Several of the colleges have already announced that they will be doing online classes for the rest of the semester. Students were told to empty their dorm rooms as if for the end of the term when they left for spring break. It wasn’t clear if that was so the university could do a deep clean while the students are gone or if it was because they aren’t going to be allowed to come back to campus after spring break is over. Several colleges have also announced that they are extending the break by another week as well.
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    I am without internet and cable at the moment so I can only read and post from my phone. We are supposed to have a technician out this afternoon to repair it.

I’m convinced that our idiot in chief is withholding information about the severity of the epidemic. I read what his office is putting out then compare it with the first hand reports I see on Twitter and Facebook from sources I check and confirm as legit and the two versions are vastly different. My hope is that his bungling of this crisis will be his undoing and result in him not being re-elected.

A dreadful price to pay to avoid 4 more years but I can't help but hope for the same thing.

One of my colleagues says he was just notified that one of his clients who is a medical practice has 4 employees who have tested positive (he didn't reveal location).

I am as we speak amending a hospital client's employee benefit plan to make changes to their disability benefits.

I'm trying to decide if I should cancel my dental appointment next week. I'm a little overdue but if I have to decide which is more important - my cats or my teeth - it's probably an easy choice.

I'm not terribly worried about me. I'm too old to die young. I'm beyond worried that we could both die and our cats be alone here in the house to suffer until they die from starvation.

I'm thinking it may be time to start grocery shopping in the off hours. If the deli counter isn't open DH might just have to live without his chicken salad.

I am still going to take Jack to the vet Monday. That place is always almost empty.

I have to decide whether I'm going to go to the retirement open house for my vet on Wednesday. I'm really thinking they should cancel.

• KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Good afternoon, I'm listening to the President address the national emergency, along with all the CEOs of various businesses do their PR effort in terms of how they will work together in this crisis. The president's voice sounded more raspy than usual.

The schools in our state were closed indefinitely as of the end of today. Students were sent home with 3 weeks of instructional packets.

• mdubbs1
    I would LOVE to know who came up with the idea to get those companies together. You know it wasn't the cheeto or vice cheeto. Some smart person in the administration who will forever go unheralded.