2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    edited March 2020
    Up at 5am for a fun-filled day of nothing unless I do house chores. The Ohio Governor has closed all restaurants. Carry out is permitted. Now, if I wanted to eat out, I would just cross the river and eat in West Virginia as a city in WV and a small city in Ohio are just separated by a river. Then there are smaller towns across the river from each other. That might work until Big Jim decides to do the same in WV. With his money, he could afford to shut down the Greenbrier for a period of time.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    I lost a pound last week!

My mind is in a funky place. All week it kept screaming "cheater". I didn't actually cheat once, in terms of the plan I laid out each day. But I'm guessing it's a combination of the stress in the world and the fact that the week before I was strictly eating packets.

tspl3w67506r.png
  • mdubbs1
    edited March 2020
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Up at 5am for a fun-filled day of nothing unless I do house chores. The Ohio Governor has closed all restaurants. Carry out is permitted. Now, if I wanted to eat out, I would just cross the river and eat in West Virginia as a city in WV and a small city in Ohio are just separated by a river. Then there are smaller towns across the river from each other. That might work until Big Jim decides to do the same in WV. With his money, he could afford to shut down the Greenbrier for a period of time.

At least right now between CROM stuff and work, I don't have to worry about having nothing to do. I'm SO far behind because of all the time I've spent on virus prep. (Well, I'm always behind but right now it's more dramatic.)
  • mdubbs1
    I have an appointment today to take Jack to the vet for a urine culture. I got an email last night telling me about their new procedures. I'm to call from the parking lot and they'll come get him.

I have a lot of thoughts swirling through my brain:

Our cat in the adoption cage is being picked up by their forever person on Thursday. Is there any point to taking another one in? (I just emailed the owner to ask.)

What if I had a cat that was to be euthanized? I couldn't be with him/her?

This morning's appointment is not a biggie but if it were something important - would I not want to be with them and hear what the doctor has to say?

This vet is Baltimore's premiere cat only hospital but for several reasons they haven't been busy for years. It's not like they ever have a lot of people in the waiting room. In fact there's usually at most one other person.

I'm thinking I should be supporting this but somehow my mind isn't getting there.
  • mdubbs1
    edited March 2020
    Now the cheeto - in the midst of everything - is using his extremely limited intellectual resources to worry about a pardon for MIchael Flynn.

But 40% of my fellow countrymen support him??????

• KonaKat
    Maryanne--I think those vet new procedures are a wee bit extreme. OK, the person that comes to the parking lot will be exposed to you unless they require you to be 6 ft away from the pet. Then said person goes back inside taking whatever bug they may have been exposed to for sharing. I guess we will see what develops as this expands.
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Maryanne--I think those vet new procedures are a wee bit extreme. OK, the person that comes to the parking lot will be exposed to you unless they require you to be 6 ft away from the pet. Then said person goes back inside taking whatever bug they may have been exposed to for sharing. I guess we will see what develops as this expands.

The punch line? The vet came outside to chat with me. The best laid systems.

I'm assuming there would be an exception for euthanasia (or I'd have to go elsewhere).
  • mdubbs1
    Me at the cardiologist last week:

ubi5y665s3x1.png
  • KonaKat
    Maryanne--I sneezed yesterday while at home and was so glad it was home. I didn't want people to think I was a threat. Haven't sneezed since. That is so funny about the vet. Th ere is always a flaw in the best laid plans, but you were likely judged as safe.

The Country Music Awards has been postponed. A lady messaged a guest on one of those news shows and wanted to know if it would be safe to announce her wedding and make plans for it in June. Save the money and just make it legal when time permits.
  • mdubbs1
    At the risk of sounding like a lawyer, I wish the government would define "gathering". 10 people in a football stadium is a totally different animal from 10 people in my living room.
  • mdubbs1
    The Washington Post has a note on the front page that coronavirus updates are free:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/03/16/coronavirus-latest-news/
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    tvd89itw05sn.jpeg
  • PamS53
    I received a call this morning from a friend whose daughter works for a government agency in DC. Her daughter had called this morning, which was out of the norm for her, and advised her to make sure that she and her dad had enough of all of their meds to last at least 2 weeks by 3:30 this afternoon, and to pass on the warning to all of their friends who might need to know. I checked my meds then called some of my family who have health issues and passed on the warning, but advised that I didn’t know any more details nor how seriously to take the warning. Luckily, DH and I are fully stocked on our meds. I’m a little low on 1 but it isn’t crucial for my health. I was anticipating a ban on nonessential travel outside your home as the reason for the warning, so the link to the CNN story was pretty much what I thought it would be. I’m afraid things are about to get much, much worse.

We had our dinner party last night and it went well. Everyone seemed to enjoy the food and of course, the company. It was a group of 13 people, so it’s good we were together last night since groups of more than 10 are now forbidden, lol! Seriously, I did have some concerns about going forward with the party given all of our ages and various health issues, but in the end I felt it was good for all of us to be together. No one was coughing or sneezing or running a fever, so hopefully we are all well and will remain so.
  • PamS53
    A friend of mine just received this text message from a good friend of hers.

I just heard from a friend at the pentagon that they are looking at ways to shut the whole country down within the next 24 hours. FYI
    Make sure you have plenty of what you need
    There is a lot of false news, but this came from one of my sailing friends in Annapolis MD.
    He works in the Pentagon and have been in meetings for two days on this.

Dallas County just announced that all restaurants and bars were to close as of midnight tonight. Restaurants are allowed to do takeout and curbside deliveries, but no sit down service going forward. Basically, all nonessential services are to shut down and people are asked to stay in their homes. By contrast, neighboring Tarrant County where I lives only asking restaurants to seat people at alternating tables in a checkerboard pattern and to remove half the seats in bars and spread them out to improve social distancing. Businesses are asked to cut their capacity by half as well. IMO Tarrrant County’s response is entirely inadequate. I plan to stay home as much as possible. I have lots of food on hand and enough of my medications to last at least 2 months, so I should be ok.
  • mdubbs1
    None of the countries that have done a "lockdown" have refused to let folks out for grocery shopping or trips to the pharmacy or to the doctor.

I've been mentally working out a worst case scenario for feeding the colonies. I figure if we go to feeding every other day and take turns, that will mean we'll each be out at most once every 4 days. Which I'm hoping we'd be able to "sell" if someone stopped us as our grocery shopping. Which is ridiculous because when we feed we aren't anywhere near a single living person! It's not like the colonies are surrounded by people.
  • KonaKat
    Our Gov. is expected to make an announcement today that restaurants will be closed. I wanted to be able to eat out one more time.

Humana has approved my getting a supply of meds. They issued a override so last night I got a call from the drugstore that the order was ready.

Remember the 2 week supply of dinners for two from Nutrisystem that QVC sold? Well, I like them and ordered another supply. I also have two huge packets of instant oatmeal so hopefully I will be good if the unthinkable happen.

All I know is that I want to eat. I have seen one person the past three days.

x1sqik2bkowr.png
  • KonaKat
    I am so tired. There is no reason for me to be waking up before 5am when there is no place to go. I'm expecting a package at the Post Office today, so I will combine that run with one to the drug store to pick up the meds. I only got the early refills on them simply because I have had times I was only able to get partial refills on some expensive drugs and had to wait a couple of days for a supply to come in.

Now, if some drugs are manufactured in China that you get, things could get interesting. As far as I could tell, my heart drugs are manufactured either here or in Germany. Have no idea on the generics. I'm good, I hope, on OTC like Advil.