2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    Maryanne, canceling the show is the right call. It sounds like several of you have conditions that could cause complications if you were exposed to coronovirus. We now have 3 cases confirmed in our area. One of the patients, a woman in her 70s, has died. They’ve only mentioned she had recently returned from international travel but didn’t say from where. The media asked if the two women were related and the hospital spokespersons said they couldn’t say because of medical privacy. I guess that type of information would come from county heath or CDC. The hospital where the women were treated is about 15 miles from me. The heath dept and hospital are trying to track down everyone she came in contact during the week before she died. That includes medical staff and everyone who was in the ER waiting room. They are probably erring on the side of caution but they have to do that.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    I have to hit the reload key and then I get the edit button.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    td872r8q4wyq.png
  • KonaKat
    3w59cgv7wb6e.png
  • mdubbs1
    Jean - great activity!

And great tweet!
  • mdubbs1
    Packet week is too long! I think the longer term best idea is more frequent packet days. But since I get weighed in Tuesday at the cardiologist I'm sticking to it.
  • KonaKat
    Maryanne--I hope the weigh in at the cardiologist goes well. The packet week will be worth it if it pays off.

I lost one pound last week. Off to earn some steps! Do I enjoy it? Let me put it this way; I really have to talk myself into it and it is paying off for now.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    b4fg7hd05meu.jpeg
    tnzyvq7u9c5f.jpeg
  • KonaKat
    Pam--Great takes on the change in time. I am a Daylight Savings fan so I leave the kitchen appliances and car on DST; the rest change automatically.
  • mdubbs1
    Pam - I really needed those laughs!!!

Although I was just thinking how remarkably easy setting my van clock was.

DH needs to keep me around because he'd never figure out how to change the time on the microwaves and the oven. LOL!
  • mdubbs1
    edited March 2020
    Two moronic science deniers in charge of the health of American citizens is terrifying.

I hope Congress finds a backbone. We need some emergency measures like government paid sick time (I understand there already is a bill drafted - which of course never went anywhere before).

• mdubbs1
    I'm not seeing any shortages in our grocery store (except for hand sanitizer and face masks) and no signs about limiting quantities (except same).

I think we're about at the point that we could close the doors and surface next spring if we had to. An exaggeration but not by a whole lot. LOL!

I wonder how long before relying on ordering stuff to be delivered gets iffy.

I've been in contact with every volunteers who has pets to make sure they have a key hidden outside somewhere in case they need help. I beat on DH until he put a key lockbox outside. He had hidden a key in the yard but I told him we can't expect people to be digging up and replanting a key.

Funny P.S. - he decided to look for the key this morning and had trouble digging it up. I managed not to laugh in his face. Somehow.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    I love daylight savings time but hate the change over. I wasn’t tired when I went to bed. It took forever to fall asleep. The Fitbit says I was asleep 3.5 hours. I’m really dragging today.I just started beef stew in the crock pot.My friend arrives late afternoon or early evening.

I don’t bother with appliance clocks. I don’t do timed cooking and I don’t use them to tell time. The power flickers enough to mess up the time anyway. DH is welcome to adjust them if it bothers him.
  • mdubbs1
    I can't believe someone on ebay is selling a postcard of the church I grew up in (town is now up to about 900 people):

pgrxi4hh7vac.png

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    I seem to have the most difficulty changing my bedside clock. I actually have a new one because the old one I had was so difficult to change the time on I decided to just replace it. This one is easier, but I still had to pull out the instruction booklet since this is only the second time I’ve needed to set the time. DH adjusted all of the other clocks except the one in my car, but it is easy. I’ll do it the next time I’m in the car.
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    I seem to have the most difficulty changing my bedside clock. I actually have a new one because the old one I had was so difficult to change the time on I decided to just replace it. This one is easier, but I still had to pull out the instruction booklet since this is only the second time I’ve needed to set the time. DH adjusted all of the other clocks except the one in my car, but it is easy. I’ll do it the next time I’m in the car.

WHY do they make some things so complicated????
  • mdubbs1
    edited March 2020
    Well, packet week ended with a 3-pound loss. I'll take it!

I looked back and the last time I was at this weight was 2017. And by the end of the year I'd gained it all back. 2020 needs to be different. For my health.

e8r3epw4urmm.png

The cardiologist had a modest goal for me - lose 10 pounds. I'm not actually sure I did it because I'm not sure how much I was when she weighed me. But at least for now she doesn't have the goal of me getting down to "normal" weight.
  • mdubbs1
    edited March 2020
    What the heck?

The president golfed this weekend, then shared an image that critics say likened him to Nero fiddling as Rome burned.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-nero-meme_n_5e658685c5b68d61645632c2
  • KonaKat
    Maryanne--Congrats upon the 3 pound loss. You're happy and I am sure that the cardiologist will be also. Does your cardiologist's portal have a record of how much you weighed when last there?

I see my primary today for that routine check in and follow up.

My bedside clock is an Echo Show 8. There is no way I can sleep through its alarm. I sometimes use it to watch an episode from bed. I got it on a Black Friday sale. I've not regretted the purchase for the variety of things it can do.
  • KonaKat
    I am tired and I am sneezing. Great timing for a doctor's appointment.