2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Down 10 pounds since January 1 applying the NS guidelines for eating without their food as well as 3 nights a week of NS food and exercise every day. I would like to be down 5 more before my cardiologist appointment in late April. The problem is that I have a trip scheduled in early April and I always gain at least 5 pounds on a trip. I can leave food but the person with me cleans up and at the end of the trip gains around a pound.

Jean, I also usually gain when traveling, no matter how active I am and how carefully I try to choose my food. I try not to worry too much about it because I don’t want my enjoyment of my trip to be spoiled by constantly obsessing about my weight, but it is hard. I say do the best you can, and when you get back home, get right back on the diet and exercise regimen. I think when I travel I don’t drink enough water, so maybe that contributes to my weight gain. I’ll have to try to remember to be more conscious of that next time.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    I got an email from Fitbit telling me I earned my first Marathon badge. I walked more than 26 miles last week. I finally lost a pound after bouncing up and down a few tenths everyday for a couple of weeks. I think the walking is making the difference. Several days, I had 3500 steps by late afternoon. I pushed myself to do at least 5000 steps every day. The Fitbit reminders show me I can do more than I thought I could.

Seeing my sleep numbers has been interesting. I usually get 6.5 to 7 hours sleep a night and the quality is fair. We’ve had contractors in all week working on a shower renovation. I had to be up by 7 every day. Nobody was coming today so I let myself sleep until I woke up. I slept 8 hours and the quality went up to good.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Pam--I agree that the trip is one to be enjoyed with the return spent taking care of any gains. I just hope I don't get out of habit with doing scheduled exercise. Once I miss a day, it is easier to miss another.

Helene--I think the graphs and the statistics FitBit provides are really interesting and also motivating. I've been tempted at times to see what you get with the Premium membership but I am reluctanct to spend the money.
  • KonaKat
    Helene--If you haven't seen this blog on Fitbit and a sleep study, I think you will find it interesting:

https://blog.fitbit.com/sleep-study/
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,645 Member
    Down 10 pounds since January 1 applying the NS guidelines for eating without their food as well as 3 nights a week of NS food and exercise every day. I would like to be down 5 more before my cardiologist appointment in late April. The problem is that I have a trip scheduled in early April and I always gain at least 5 pounds on a trip. I can leave food but the person with me cleans up and at the end of the trip gains around a pound.

Yeah, those special events/trips are a problem!!

I see my cardiologist on March 10 and at this pint my weight will be what it will be but I've got a spreadsheet showing my weight/treadmill minutes/blood pressure since January 1 and hopefully she'll see I'm trying!
  • mdubbs1
    9wky2l1y92of.png
  • Helene610
    Maryanne, can you quote Jean’s other 2 posts? I still get blanks when I see her posts and could never figure out why. You did the one about her trip and how she gains during a trip.
  • Helene610
    I’m eating a sandwich on 40 calories wheat bread. Boy, is that stuff tasteless. I found 100 calorie sandwich thins at Aldi. I think it’s they’re own store brand. They look identical to the Pepperidge Farms one I used to buy. Those where discontinued. Arnold makes a sandwich thin but it’s 150 calories before you put a filling in so I won’t buy those. I thought the 40 calorie bread would fill the gap but it’s not worth it to me. Aldi is a drive for me but I guess I could stock up and freeze them. I had one this morning spread with a Laughing Cow wedge. Giving up cheese would be a big sacrifice for me but Laughing Cow satisfies my urge in some recipes. I learned that from my NS days.
  • PamS53
    Pam--I agree that the trip is one to be enjoyed with the return spent taking care of any gains. I just hope I don't get out of habit with doing scheduled exercise. Once I miss a day, it is easier to miss another.

Helene--I think the graphs and the statistics FitBit provides are really interesting and also motivating. I've been tempted at times to see what you get with the Premium membership but I am reluctanct to spend the money.

• PamS53
    Helene--If you haven't seen this blog on Fitbit and a sleep study, I think you will find it interesting:

https://blog.fitbit.com/sleep-study/

• Helene610
    The sleep article was very interesting. I only have two weeks of date but so far, I see I get much less REM sleep than average. My figure is in the low 20 something percent. I get a bit less than a hour of deep sleep a night. More than six hours of my sleep is light sleep and I’m awake for more than a hour of my sleep time. I always knew it took me a long time to go to sleep and I wake up easily if disturbed. I tried going to bed an hour earlier one day last week and all it did was take me longer to fall asleep. I’ll keep trying different things to see if I can improve my numbers. I’d like to get REM and Deep sleep closer to that average number.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    Maryanne, can you quote Jean’s other 2 posts? I still get blanks when I see her posts and could never figure out why. You did the one about her trip and how she gains during a trip.

Sorry, I screwed up there!!! I see Pam did.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    I’m eating a sandwich on 40 calories wheat bread. Boy, is that stuff tasteless. I found 100 calorie sandwich thins at Aldi. I think it’s they’re own store brand. They look identical to the Pepperidge Farms one I used to buy. Those where discontinued. Arnold makes a sandwich thin but it’s 150 calories before you put a filling in so I won’t buy those. I thought the 40 calorie bread would fill the gap but it’s not worth it to me. Aldi is a drive for me but I guess I could stock up and freeze them. I had one this morning spread with a Laughing Cow wedge. Giving up cheese would be a big sacrifice for me but Laughing Cow satisfies my urge in some recipes. I learned that from my NS days.

DH decided to give up cheese and just - did. Disgusting. LOL! Personally I think he's going at his cholesterol reduction all half assed but he just ignores me.
  • Helene610
    I had my cholesterol checked last fall. I don’t recall the number but it was well below 200. So I think the amount of cheese I eat is just fine.I don’t eat it every day but I eat it when I want it. So I’ll stick to what works for me. Thanks for the postings Pam.
  • KonaKat
    Helene will appreciate this. I thought I was finished with my exercise and steps until I looked at the total for the week. I was about 400 below the total for last week, so I decided I wasn't finished after all. Love those FitBit statistics!
  • PamS53
    Helene will appreciate this. I thought I was finished with my exercise and steps until I looked at the total for the week. I was about 400 below the total for last week, so I decided I wasn't finished after all. Love those FitBit statistics!

• Helene610
    The Fitbit definitely pushes me to make goal. I still have 1300 steps to get in before bedtime and I’m going to do it.
  • Helene610
    I got in more than the 1300 steps I needed. I decided to push on and I walked 6000 steps yesterday. The steps are paying off. I had two days of loses in a row. Today was 8 tenths of a pound. It totaled a pound when I combined the amounts. Over the holidays, I maintained with a half pound range but really didn’t have any real losses. I think my eating is generally on track but the last couple of weeks shows I really have to do the exercise if I want to make progress.

I had a poor night’s sleep last night. It wasn’t enough time for Fitbit to generate a graph. I think knowing I had to be up for church that kept me awake longer than usual. According to Fitbit, I slept 2 hours and then was awake an hour before I fell asleep for another two hours. Obviously, four hours sleep is not enough. I’ll probably end up napping this afternoon. Naps are rare for me. I usually wake up a couple of times a night and use the bathroom. It’s rare that I didn’t fall right back to sleep when I came back to bed.