2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,645 Member
    My OCD really shows up sometimes. Case in point - the freezer clean out. It feels SO good!!! And I am SO weird!!!!! But I'm closing in......The good news is it's self-defrosting so there's no ice build up to clean out or anything.

Just finished the James episode. I think that is the first episode I've seen that ended without the person having weight loss surgery. He actually ended the year heavier than he started it. There is a followup episode that includes him but it also includes "Cynthia" so I have to watch her episode first. Looks like she was already a huge woman when she had to take in her sister's 3 children then she had two of her own by "dating" (her description). The children take care of her a lot although she's not bedridden. She's a special education teacher. She eats breakfast, drives to school, stopping for fast food on the way, has her son carry in her fast food and container of cookies, on their carefully planned route through the school - planned so she can stop several times to rest on chairs. They show her at the desk in her classroom eating a takeout pizza later in the day.
  • mdubbs1
    If I can keep my nose to the grindstone (so to speak) my next big challenge will be my birthday. I've been thinking about inviting friends to a restaurant dinner for the BIG 70 and telling DH that what I want for my birthday is a dinner out for two. Maybe a good plan would be to do those two things and buy NO food to actually bring into the house.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Maryanne, that sounds like a good plan to me. You would certainly have more control over what you eat and no leftovers to tempt you.

Jean, you’re doing a great job on getting your steps in. Even if the scale isn’t showing a loss, you are at least getting more fit.

I haven’t been doing well at all. I just haven’t felt motivated to exercise and when I don’t exercise I don’t lose. My diet isn’t awful, but I’m still gradually gaining. I really must get a handle on it soon.

My friend with cancer is still hospitalized. She had hoped to go home Saturday, but was still having difficulty breathing without supplemental oxygen. An x-ray showed fluid in her lungs, so she wa put on a medication to try to clear that up. If the medication didn’t clear it, she was to have a procedure today to drain it.

My cousin did get to go home from the hospital on Saturday. I just had a call from him to fill me in on the ordeal and how he’s doing now. Overall, I think he’s doing well considering everything he’s been through, but he is frustrated by everything he can’t do yet or possibly ever again. He really wants to be able to play golf again, but he currently has vision and balance issues so I don’t know how realistic that is.

My eye is feeling better after several days of 4 times a day eye drops. Hopefully that means I won’t require surgery to remove the buckle.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    cdbd95ugys4q.png
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Pam--I'm glad the eye seems to be getting better and surgery may not be needed. Exercise is something that I have to talk myself into doing but once started, I am fine. It is just that first step. I know that if I had to go to a gym, I would never make it.
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »
    cdbd95ugys4q.png

Great chart!!
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Pam--I'm glad the eye seems to be getting better and surgery may not be needed. Exercise is something that I have to talk myself into doing but once started, I am fine. It is just that first step. I know that if I had to go to a gym, I would never make it.

• mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    Maryanne, that sounds like a good plan to me. You would certainly have more control over what you eat and no leftovers to tempt you.

Jean, you’re doing a great job on getting your steps in. Even if the scale isn’t showing a loss, you are at least getting more fit.

I haven’t been doing well at all. I just haven’t felt motivated to exercise and when I don’t exercise I don’t lose. My diet isn’t awful, but I’m still gradually gaining. I really must get a handle on it soon.

My friend with cancer is still hospitalized. She had hoped to go home Saturday, but was still having difficulty breathing without supplemental oxygen. An x-ray showed fluid in her lungs, so she wa put on a medication to try to clear that up. If the medication didn’t clear it, she was to have a procedure today to drain it.

My cousin did get to go home from the hospital on Saturday. I just had a call from him to fill me in on the ordeal and how he’s doing now. Overall, I think he’s doing well considering everything he’s been through, but he is frustrated by everything he can’t do yet or possibly ever again. He really wants to be able to play golf again, but he currently has vision and balance issues so I don’t know how realistic that is.

My eye is feeling better after several days of 4 times a day eye drops. Hopefully that means I won’t require surgery to remove the buckle.

It has to be tough to think about things like exercise when there's so much sadness going on around you. I'd chuckle at the thought that playing golf would be high on anyone's list except I know my dad would be the same way. I don't get it but I know it. (I've never understood the allure of golf once they stopped walking the course.)
  • mdubbs1
    I sometimes amuse myself by reading a bulletin board of folks who watch - and comment on - my 600-lb life. The thread on James is forty-six pages long.
  • mdubbs1
    edited January 2020
    Say what?

Trump spiritual adviser and White House staff member Paula White is defending her recent prayer at her church in Florida that "satanic pregnancies" be miscarried.

• Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    I guess Paula lives in the same La La land as Trump. They sure have some bizarre beliefs.

• mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    I guess Paula lives in the same La La land as Trump. They sure have some bizarre beliefs.

The orange cheeto watches a lot of TV. Maybe he's watching the new show Evil. It would be funny if it wasn't so scary.
  • Helene610
    I’ve never watched that show. The promos look pretty scary. There’s enough evil in the world without inviting it into my life and maybe giving me nightmares.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    2jtuhp7jj1f4.jpeg
    If only.
  • mdubbs1
    I’ve never watched that show. The promos look pretty scary. There’s enough evil in the world without inviting it into my life and maybe giving me nightmares.

I vacillate back and forth on the show. I don't mind thrillers at all but I don't like shows that are just one long story and this seems to be becoming that. It wasn't at first. The early episodes were sort of a new scary character every week.
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    2jtuhp7jj1f4.jpeg
    If only.

Yeah, why can't we do that??? I've always said I live mostly in my mind, after all.......
  • mdubbs1
    "Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." — Henry James
  • mdubbs1
    Every time you think the orange cheeto's campaign has hit rock bottom:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/29/trump-black-voters-cash-giveaways-108072

(As someone whose tax dollars support that non profit (and every other) I am particularly appalled).
  • Helene610
    Looks like buying votes to me. I hope they yank that tax exempt status and the IRS investigates the whole group. Hopefully some of the people take the money and then don’t vote for him.
  • mdubbs1
    Looks like buying votes to me. I hope they yank that tax exempt status and the IRS investigates the whole group. Hopefully some of the people take the money and then don’t vote for him.

Hopefully ALL of the people take the money and then don't vote for him.

The Iowa caucuses are Monday and our special election to replace Elijah Cummings (our Congressman) is Tuesday. And we're off to the races!!! I still haven't completely decided who I'm voting for in the primary but my absentee ballot is already filed for Tuesday's election here. It's so easy in Maryland. Every state should make it so easy to vote and see how many more people would!