2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    I’m finally down 25 pounds since May of last year. I’ve been bouncing up and down the same pound and a half since the holidays. This is the first day below that. 3 pounds more and I’ll be into a new decade. I haven’t been there in 8 years. I need to stay on track and I can do that by the end of the month.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Helene--Congrats upon the 25 pound loss since last May. That new decade is looking promising! Keep up the good work!
  • KonaKat
    This is a Fitbit blog on the impact of 10,000 steps on weight loss:
    https://blog.fitbit.com/should-you-really-take-10000-steps-a-day/
  • KonaKat
    This is how I stand this evening based upon exercise done during the day. On MFP, they were always talking about eating back some of the calories earned through exercise. I think the FitBit graphic makes that point clearer. I started the day with my exercise to that point permitting me 1100 calories. With exercise before eating dinner, I had 1559 calories for the day I could eat with 419 calories still permitted to be eaten. Note that actual calories eaten are 1140. Now, I could eat the 419 calories or use them as a deficit that hopefully would result in at least a half pound loss if this were done each day. Why eat back all those calories if it could create a deficit and possible weight loss?

zki2fm45l1um.png
  • KonaKat
    I guess I am in a chatting mood tonight. I'm watching My 600 Lb Life. I watched both episodes of the revamped Biggest Loser. I really like it.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,645 Member
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Helene--Congrats upon the 25 pound loss since last May. That new decade is looking promising! Keep up the good work!

• mdubbs1
    This is a Fitbit blog on the impact of 10,000 steps on weight loss:
    https://blog.fitbit.com/should-you-really-take-10000-steps-a-day/

• mdubbs1
    I guess I am in a chatting mood tonight. I'm watching My 600 Lb Life. I watched both episodes of the revamped Biggest Loser. I really like it.

• mdubbs1
    This is how I stand this evening based upon exercise done during the day. On MFP, they were always talking about eating back some of the calories earned through exercise. I think the FitBit graphic makes that point clearer. I started the day with my exercise to that point permitting me 1100 calories. With exercise before eating dinner, I had 1559 calories for the day I could eat with 419 calories still permitted to be eaten. Note that actual calories eaten are 1140. Now, I could eat the 419 calories or use them as a deficit that hopefully would result in at least a half pound loss if this were done each day. Why eat back all those calories if it could create a deficit and possible weight loss?

zki2fm45l1um.png

• mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    I’m finally down 25 pounds since May of last year. I’ve been bouncing up and down the same pound and a half since the holidays. This is the first day below that. 3 pounds more and I’ll be into a new decade. I haven’t been there in 8 years. I need to stay on track and I can do that by the end of the month.

x7p8ucgr89he.png

• mdubbs1
    edited February 2020
    I'm currently watching Erica's follow-up program on My 600-lb life. In one scene she takes a large box and is going to clean out the "bad food" from her apartment. She sits down next to an open shelving unit that clearly is stacked with NS food, with brand carefully turned away from the camera and label slightly blurred. As she's packing it up she says something like "I thought this food was healthy but Dr. Now and (someone else, I forget who) says it's not because it has so many carbohydrates." She also says something about wishing she could just dig in and eat a bunch of it.

I confess I could sit next to my NS stash all day and not have cravings for it.
  • mdubbs1

Okay, I've seen them both now. I'm reserving judgment. Where is the medical counseling/therapy/nutrition advice they were going to add to offset the bad rep they'd gotten from the original show? Bob meeting with them to tell them on camera their terrible lab test results is NOT medical counseling. Bob meeting with them as a group about their feelings? He's a trainer, not a therapist. A quick question from the trainer about "what did you eat for breakfast" is not nutrition advice. Maybe all those things are going on and they just aren't showing them.
  • mdubbs1
    edited February 2020
    Telling one on myself...

I went to get on the treadmill last evening and my tablet told me all my videos were inaccessible and gave me an email address to contact amazon. Which I did, shaking in my boots as I as SO not an IT person (and DH was already in bed).

Turns out my tablet has a power switch and you can essentially just reboot it. Who knew? (Now I'm wondering what the other two buttons are.)

• mdubbs1
    Continuing with the freezer clean-out, today is frozen NS meals day....
  • mdubbs1
    Oh, senators, what have you unleashed?

In more than an hour of improvisational ramblings that appeared more like fascist propaganda than a White House event, President Donald Trump on Thursday declared victory the day after Senate Republicans acquitted him in impeachment proceedings that were largely favorable toward him.

As the former reality television host walked to his lectern, he received a standing ovation while “Hail to the Chief” played, before launching into an unhinged riff targeting some of his favorite and most frequently mentioned subjects, listing them off in a Mad Libs-like frenzy.

The speech, which resembled his ad-libbed campaign rallies, was held in the East Room, typically reserved for more measured and sometimes somber official White House events.

• KonaKat
    Maryanne--On the first episode (I saw the one with the extras which made it about 90 minutes) there was a screen shot stating that the contestants met with nutritionists who designed their weight loss program based upon their health needs, plus something about the medical screening.
  • mdubbs1
    Maryanne--On the first episode (I saw the one with the extras which made it about 90 minutes) there was a screen shot stating that the contestants met with nutritionists who designed their weight loss program based upon their health needs, plus something about the medical screening.

Interesting factoid - thanks!!
  • mdubbs1
    In what started as a simple search for 100 calorie protein bars, I stumbled on an ebay seller who sells protein foods which led me to this online store: https://store.bariatricpal.com/

Two things struck me: (1) many of these are identical to what's sold on dietdirect.com but re-branded (or these items were rebranded for sale on dietdirect) and (2) they have some interesting variety packs (let me try a couple things without such a commitment).

That led me to this bulletin board: https://www.bariatricpal.com/

Some day if I have time to kill, browsing this could be interesting. I already noticed that some folks who aren't that heavy (to me) are getting surgery.
  • lhberger
    lhberger Posts: 3 Member
    I gained almost 20 lbs last year. 190 now. I hope a group can help me with food and exercise. My food addictions are chocolate and ice cream. The only exercise I like and will do is swimming.
    I was falling for 5 years then took PT and am much better. My knees going up and down stairs or hills.

I may need a coach.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    Welcome to the group. My name is Helene. I had knee problems for several years but did nothing about it. I did PT last fall and it helped a lot. My problem is a hamstring injury rather than the knee itself. My therapist told me that walking in the water would be good exercise. I asked her about water aerobics but she thought my knee wasn’t stable enough for that. Maybe you could add water walking to your exercise since you’re already in the pool.

As far as chocolate, I bought some 72% cocoa chocolate bars. I found I could eat a couple of squares without setting off cravings like milk chocolate does.