2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    DH pestered me until I finished our taxes and took them to the post office. He wanted to do electronic filing and I told him to try but he couldn't get it to work.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    They just announced on the White House briefing that the deadline to file taxes has moved from April 15th to July 15th. There will be no penalties or interest to using the new deadline.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Day 5 of quarantine: the cat has had enough!
    ka2di80noqhn.jpeg
  • mdubbs1
    Pam - good one!

I'm used to being at home. If it weren't for worry about getting out to feed the colonies, I'd just hunker down at this point.
  • mdubbs1
    It's a beautiful sunny day here. I have a ton of CROM stuff to do and a ton of billable work to do and my mind is just reeling.

My internist's office has always been a stickler. No refills in a calendar year unless you've been in. They just called to cancel my appointment this week "if you're not sick" but with a promise to do medication refills. Cool!

I bought a pint of rocky road ice cream for my birthday tomorrow (no cake, no chips). I can't find it! This is so bizarre. I even poked around the van to see if it fell out of the bags and rolled under something. Nope. Of course there's not much ice cream left (or anything else) but I did get a pint of cherry garcia. It shall have to do!

One thing I found weird? The BBQ sauce section was empty. HUH?

I was able to get milk (good until mid May), tuna and a bunch of other things. No iceberg lettuce so DH had to settle for bagged lettuce.

Chewy is out of a lot of cat food but the grocery stores don't seem to be.

• mdubbs1
    Pam - that's funny!

Is it true about the cubs?
  • mdubbs1
    A sign of just how strange the times have gotten so quickly:

DH eats salad for breakfast. (Yeah, I know weird.) He was wondering what he'd do if he couldn't get salad stuff and mentioned switching to soup. I put a bunch of the soup he'll eat into my amazon fresh "basket" but there were no delivery windows available. When I went to the bathroom early in the a.m. I checked again and got a delivery! Score! And then realized how that reaction signaled a change in the times!
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    I have jugs of lightweight cat litter and 2 cartons, of 24 cans of Fancy Feast arriving from Amazon to supplement what I already have.

I went to the city yesterday just to get out and get a couple of apple pecan salads from Wendys. I have a friend who is mostly confined to the house because of his illnesses. I asked if he needed anything, and he said that he had a friend go to the supermarket to get him milk but they were out. I told him I would check locally and if they had any I would bring him a gallon. I was able to get him a half gallon as the gallons were sold out and very few of the half gallons left.

I guess I'm in the house full time now until I go to the city on the 30th for the MRI. The shoulder and arm pain is getting worse. Now, to take my temperature--a new daily routine.
  • mdubbs1
    3v40d19nn00u.png
  • mdubbs1
    04wdy3qvq73l.png
  • mdubbs1
    83kao1ea41wy.png
  • mdubbs1
    We are doomed. Our fellow Americans are idiots.

8l92ed5q6kj9.png
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    I just got home from my first trip out of the house in the last week. I was going to go to the nearby super Target store for some groceries but decided instead to go to a closer supermarket, thinking there would be fewer people and therefore, less exposure. I think I was right about fewer people, but I was unable to find several of the items on my list. Fortunately none of the missing items are critically needed at this point, but it would have been nice to get them and not need to worry about running out.

My sister has started sewing face masks for her local hospital. She is an expert seamstress and has lots of fabric scraps left over from other projects. Apparently these cloth masks can be worn over the N95 masks, thereby prolonging the life of those hard to get masks. I probably have the skills to make the masks too, but I have no fabric and don’t want to go to a store to buy any. Now if I could find a pattern to knit one ...
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    That’s nice that your sister can help out by making masks. I haven’t been to a store in several days. DH needs a prescription refill so I might chance going to the store. I might call my favorite deli and order paninis. I worry about them staying in business so if I can order take out, I will. It’s usually just the owner but at busy times, he has one employee. He’s right across from the fire station and the first responders order from him too.

Showtime and Epix are doing free access on my cable system until April 19th. I just watched Green Book on Showtime. I never saw it at the movies.
  • mdubbs1
    Pam - that's great that your sister can do that! My late mother despaired of ever teaching me to sew.

The Baltimore mayor has issued a plea to folks to stop shooting each other and using up scarce hospital beds. A sad sign of our times. As world renowned as Hopkins is, because it's downtown, I imagine it sees a ton of gun shot victims (like every other inner city hospital).
  • mdubbs1
    CROM has government forms due 4/15, 5/15 and 6/30. I've been searching online to see if any have been extended. The 6/30 one has until "30 days after the governor's emergency decree expires". Not terribly helpful as who will be tracking that. The first two - nada. More frustratingly, the online extension system for the 4/15 return seems to be down.
  • mdubbs1
    6dwwis7vomh7.png
  • mdubbs1
    I can relate:

h1y98fdqrom2.png