2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    6ojblxk4z0bn.png
  • mdubbs1
    mjnsyr3g42oq.png
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Keep the humor coming. We can use all the laughs we can get.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    The governor is making a special speech at 7am. I got a note from a "source telling me not to panic but if I need things to t ry to do it today. I suspect we are about to "shelter in place."

c7utlpsvmxje.png
  • KonaKat
    Morning, everyone! It is a sunny day! Slept well. 2378 steps already done.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Kind of cloudy here, but it is supposed to get very warm this week. DH and I plan to put the top down on his Miata convertible and take a drive to see the wildflowers one day just to get out of the house. It’s getting to be the prime season for bluebonnets here and with all of the rain we’ve had this year I’m hoping they are in full bloom.
  • KonaKat
    Pam--Enjoy the bluebonnets and the fresh air of the Bluebonnet State.

I've been enjoying several movies on Netflix. My vet practice implemented procedures similar to what Maryanne described earlier in which you called for appointment and when reaching the practice to use a cell phone to let them know you were there. At that time, a staff member would come out and get the pet while the owner stayed in the car. Now, the practice posted this on Facebook which shows how well it went:

Hello all. If your pet doesn’t need essential veterinary care, please do not risk exposure. We DO NOT want to close because we honestly feel the pets deserve care and attention if ill/injured, but limiting exposure human to human is imperative. So please, call if you’re unsure. We may implement video chats, and photos/texting very soon.

Since Wednesday (when we implemented the new policies) the response has been less than positive. I am very disappointed. Anger, door handle rattling, loud, insistent knocking, and impatience & irritation have been common. We are doing our best. There are very few guidelines right now for vets. Remember we are human and also sad/scared/stressed, so be kind! Two people caused tears among my staff on Friday. Many were downright rude. Unacceptable

Finally, to those of you who have been kind and supportive (and not banging on our door, criticizing us!) we thank you. So, so much. ❤️ Both ends of the behavior spectrum will definitely be remembered for a long time. Take care all. Tell your pets we love them!

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    That is just sad that people would behave this way toward service providers! We definitely are seeing the best and worst behaviors of people through this crisis. When I was at the store yesterday I made a point of thanking the workers I encountered for their help and just being there, doing their jobs, at this time. I was surprised at how pleasant and cheerful most of them seemed.
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Morning, everyone! It is a sunny day! Slept well. 2378 steps already done.

Good heavens. That's a lot!
  • mdubbs1
    The vets here seem to be split between that protocol and a system of coming out and getting one human and the pet. Although the PET ER says if your pet is in distress come right in!

I'm fine with my own vet doing this as long as euthanasia is an exception.
  • mdubbs1
    I went to several grocery stores this morning. I was taken aback by an older woman approaching me at the ham section and wanting to chat. I turned my head, made some noncommittal comment and walked away. What should I have done?
  • mdubbs1
    I am particularly attached to one big orange long haired cat at one of the colonies. DH wouldn't let me bring him here. I call him Big Guy. I don't actually think he'd have been happy here. He's been outside at least 5 or 6 years. When all this started I debated bringing him here and putting him in the laundry room but decided he's probably safer outside. If something happened to both of us he could well die in the laundry room Outside he has access to a large nature preserve.

But I've been working on how to get to him with food should the worst happen and the main road be monitored. As the crow flies he's not very far away. The first thing I tried, which would have been totally on foot, fell through because I ran into something unexpected - a small creek which has carved out, over the years, a VERY deep creek bed. Probably more than this 70 year old woman should attempt. I've found an alternate plan. It involves small back streets only (which I admit I never realized were there - I don't think they were when we first moved here). I'd be able to park about 200 yards from where we feed. There is one downside - a pretty good size hill - but for Big Guy I'd do it. But I'm thinking I need a back pack.

For some unknown reason the back packs on Amazon are all showing April 21 deliveries. Weird!

So I bought one on Ebay.
  • mdubbs1
    One of my late mother's stock phrases was "don't wish your life away".

Sorry, mom, but I wish it was a year from now.

Alternately, let me get this NOW!!
  • mdubbs1
    luidoyuohn9s.png
  • mdubbs1
    8y9jhvzzce0r.png
  • mdubbs1
    m7g8pb7d5mnb.png
  • mdubbs1
    edited March 2020
    Little bro is working from home and wanted his cat to look more "professional" when he appeared in the webcam during team (video) meetings so he bought him a set of ties. #QuarantineCats

0fft2ql7v8d6.png
  • mdubbs1
    #quarantinecats is an adorable twitter thread.
  • mdubbs1
    This would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Trump Administration Considering Opening Obamacare Enrollment Amid Pandemic

As the administration backs a court fight to kill the Affordable Care Act, officials suddenly realize Americans need health insurance now.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-obamacare-special-enrollment-coronavirus_n_5e76fcc5c5b6eab77949ac6c
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    I’m losing track on what day it is. Since retirement, I rarely know the date without using a calendar but I usually know the day of the week. Church on Sunday is part of our normal routine. The bishop has closed all the churches until after Easter at the earliest. Our church was live-streaming mass on Facebook Live. Only the priest, organist and cantor were there and they were using social distance between them. We watched last night. I got up this morning convinced it was Saturday.

I had to go to CVS to pick up prescriptions. I drove past the library and city hall and noticed the Sunday Farmers Market was open. I can’t imagine how that is safe. The booths are usually fairly close together and a good size crowds goes to it. I can’t imagine how they can social distance. The beaches are closed and we have miles of those. I think walking on the beach would be safer than a farmer’s market.