2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    edited March 2020
    Ben is 8. He's in Kentucky:

qo16oy0yg11j.png
  • mdubbs1
    Helene - I'm surprised the farmer's market is open, too. But I think some folks are just not taking this seriously.
  • mdubbs1
    4dfa6gdvsyba.png
  • mdubbs1
    ixuqbhsyglta.png
  • mdubbs1
    553z6g7nivi6.png
  • mdubbs1
    rcey7hzkql3p.png
  • mdubbs1
    yoa1ak2j42l9.png
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Maryanne--Love the cat memes, especially the one of mommy and daddy staying home. Midnight follows me everywhere.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    DH’s hypochondria has been activated. He’s now checking his temp even though he shows no signs or symptoms. He has asthma so he’s convinced he’s going to get it even though we are taking all precautions and staying at home. It’s prime allergy season here so I think the mild nasal congestion he has is totally attributable to that, but he is convinced it isn’t. So far he has no fever or cough, so I really do think it’s just seasonal allergies.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited March 2020
    tlalaqqzw7cs.jpeg
    Sure hope this works!
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    That’s terrible that your husband is that stressed and thinks he’ll get the virus. Maybe he’ll calm down as he stays healthy. I tried to buy a thermometer at CVS yesterday but they were all out. I’m healthy so far but I realized I wouldn’t know if we had fevers since we don’t own a thermometer. I have one up north but that doesn’t help me here.

I read a report in The NY Times today based on information from British doctors. They’ve noticed some people lose their sense of smell and taste even though they don’t show other symptoms yet. They mentioned a woman who couldn’t smell her baby’s full diaper, a man who couldn’t smell garlic and people who couldn’t smell old cat litter. Without sense of taste, food tasted bland. Google the article for details. I thought it was pretty interesting.
  • mdubbs1
    Pam - this is hard on so many people in so many ways!

• mdubbs1
    All "nonessential" businesses in Maryland must close but I just looked at the list of "essential" businesses and it's pretty long. Includes, among others, lawyers, pet supply stores and vets.

The convention center and hotel are being turned into a hospital.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    I took a break from the virus news this afternoon. I sat on our front deck and read a book. It’s called Grandma Gatewood’s walk. She was a 67 year old woman who was the first woman to walk the Appalachian Trail from GA to ME solo. part of the reason I’m reading it is because Debbie, one of our cantors at church, left last Thursday to walk the trail solo. She’s an experienced hiker but we were still concerned about her doing it alone. I wondered if she might postpone it give the virus situation but I believe she left as planned. She probably won’t have difficulty social distancing.
  • mdubbs1
    idlp3l39jah1.png
  • mdubbs1
    ucfx5bclczqq.png
  • mdubbs1
    crsxs29seoxn.png
  • mdubbs1
    y2hlwchupj2l.png
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Maryanne--Love the apocalypse outfits! I definitely have had no need of sleek, fashionable items. I have to admit I had not considered the animal shelters but this morning on the news, a Humane Society was asking people to foster their animals until the "stay at home" was lifted. Ours is on an indefinite timeline but does go into effect at 8pm.

Pam--I am a little like your DH. I am a little insenitive to knowing my symptoms, so I've been checking my temp once a day. I frequently have some of the other symptoms in normal times, as one of them also goes with A-Fib.

Helene--They have been sold out of thermometers in our humble town for over a week. I always keep two on hand, so I never thought about it until someone posted on FB that they needed one and none were available.
  • mdubbs1
    I would hope to heck that shelters would be considered essential places that folks would be allowed to go to work. Especially given some of the businesses I see on the list that has been distributed in Maryland. Lawyers are included to my surprise.

www.cisa.gov/identifying-critical-infrastructure-during-covid-19 is apparently the official list.