2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Interesting side effect. If only it could last.
  • Helene610
    I forgot to mention 2 people in town have tested positive for Covid-19. It was on the city website. I haven’t been out the much and I’ve keep my distance from others. But I’ll probably limit my outings even more.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    mudfy2729ahy.jpeg
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    Pam - that's hilarious!!!
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Pam--So funny!! Midnight is enjoying my being home. A person who had to go to the drug store posted a pic of the main section of our town. Not a single car or person to be seen. The drugstore is not in the main section.
  • mdubbs1
    Dyson has invented a new ventilator that it believes can be produced efficiently:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/tech/dyson-ventilators-coronavirus/index.html
  • mdubbs1
    Traffic here still seems pretty normal. We have a lot of what I think of as strip offices. Like strip shopping centers except instead of stores there are offices. I drove by some the other day and noticed tons of cars. Now one has to guess those are mostly nonessential businesses so they should be closed.
  • mdubbs1
    edited March 2020
    Just looked up the order of succession. This is just plain terrifying:

No. Office Incumbent Party
    1 Vice President Mike Pence Republican
    2 Speaker of the House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi Democratic
    3 President pro tempore of the Senate Chuck Grassley Republican
    4 Secretary of State Mike Pompeo Republican
    5 Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin Republican
    6 Secretary of Defense Mark Esper Republican
    7 Attorney General William Barr Republican
    8 Secretary of the Interior David Bernhardt Republican
    9 Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue Republican
    10 Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross Republican

11 Secretary of Labor Eugene Scalia Republican
    12 Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar Republican
    13 Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Ben Carson Republican
    — Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao[A] Republican
    14 Secretary of Energy Dan Brouillette Republican
    15 Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos Republican
    16 Secretary of Veterans Affairs Robert Wilkie Republican
    17 Secretary of Homeland Security Chad Wolf Republican
  • PamS53
    vt2w8nroljvi.jpeg
  • mdubbs1
    Pam - that would certainly do it!!! LOL!
  • mdubbs1
    My best friend shared this one:

55smifc30kya.png

• mdubbs1
    9s6njcdbrqiu.png
  • mdubbs1
    wggn0pwglpmv.png
  • mdubbs1
    Here's an indisputable fact: President Donald Trump is as popular today as he has been since his first day in office.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/politics/donald-trump-gallup-approval-polling/?iid=ob_lockedrail_longstory_pool

How is that possible????????????
  • PamS53
    I had to go out yesterday to Target for some food items we needed and I needed moisturizer for my face. I was able to find most of what I needed but noted that there were still a lot of empty shelves in some areas. Afterward I went to Lowe’s for DH because he needed cord for his weed eater. I found what I needed then got in line to pay. The store had placed tape marks on the floor for people to stand observing the 6’ distancing, but the guy behind me ignored it and stood right behind me. Rather than confront him I fake coughed into my arm a couple of times and he backed right up, lol! Otherwise, I found people being very respectful in both stores of the distancing and most everyone I encountered was pretty upbeat.
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    I had to go out yesterday to Target for some food items we needed and I needed moisturizer for my face. I was able to find most of what I needed but noted that there were still a lot of empty shelves in some areas. Afterward I went to Lowe’s for DH because he needed cord for his weed eater. I found what I needed then got in line to pay. The store had placed tape marks on the floor for people to stand observing the 6’ distancing, but the guy behind me ignored it and stood right behind me. Rather than confront him I fake coughed into my arm a couple of times and he backed right up, lol! Otherwise, I found people being very respectful in both stores of the distancing and most everyone I encountered was pretty upbeat.

Good one!!!!
  • mdubbs1
    I found a case of kleenex on staples of all places and a 48 pack of toilet paper on amazon (which is already out of stock). I also have scot towels coming from amazon.

I'm still playing around with amazon fresh. Actual fresh is quite limited. I tested out one frozen item to see how them come. They come in an insulated bag but it was warm. The few produce items I ordered to try were quite good. If we decide to stay home (except for feeding the colonies) we're going to have to get a lot less picky about produce.

I did find an article about places that ship produce but it appears for the most part they ship a box. If we can get less picky that might work. When I'm at the other computer I'll try to remember to post a link to that article.

A couple things I find frustrating about amazon fresh. If they don't have everything on your order they do some substitutions. Idea makes sense; the actual substitutions do not. If I ordered italian green beans, I don't want beans and potatoes in ham juice. If I ordered reduced sodium tuna I don't want regular tuna.

I also find frustrating that very few orders are 100% correct. I'd be fine with that if they adjusted the invoice. They don't! You have to contact customer service which I've been doing just on general principles. (I mean, if they always get away with it, they'll keep doing it. Like I can control Jeff Bezos. LOL!)

Finally I find frustrating that items out of your "cart" disappear while you wait (for up to 10 hours or so), reloading to get a delivery time. I wish they'd let you pay and freeze your cart then wait for a delivery time.
  • Helene610
    I’m going to make lentil soup in my crockpot. I had no stock in the house so I’m making vegetable stock with the tough ends of asparagus and potato peelings. If it turns out okay, I’ll offer to leave a container at my neighbor’s door. It’s nice to have a meal you don’t have to make yourself and I make a good pot of soup.