2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Congratulations, Helene! Two big accomplishments is a lot to be proud of. You’ve worked hard for both of them. What is your next NOOM goal?

I love the president Easter Dummy cartoon!

I’m not sure what I’ll be doing today. The sun is shining, so I may try to get outside and enjoy some of that.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    I don’t know what goal Noom has in mind. I guess I’ll find out. For myself, I think I’ll tackle it 10 pounds at a time, like we did on NS. I used to look forward to getting those bears. I really shocked myself with the steady increase in steps. I set up barriers in my mind why I couldn’t do more steps. When I started , I was walking about 2000 steps and feeling that was my best effort. I built up to here over a few months, realizing I can do more than I give myself credit for.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    Helene610 wrote: »
    I had one of my best days yesterday. I walked 10,000 steps for the first time. I reached 7500 by dinner time and thought I could do more. So I kept walking during commercials. At 9000, I realized I could push for that last 1000 steps. I thought it would take me a couple of months to get there. Nobody was more surprised than me that I did it yesterday. When I weighed in, I had made my first Noom goal. I was actually fourth tenths under the goal. I’ve lost 29 pounds since last May.

YEAH!!!
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Helene--Congrats upon the 29 pounds lost as well as the 10,000 steps. It is a great feeling to know that you accomplished these great goals and more!!
  • mdubbs1
    mb4ddf2bdqfq.png
  • mdubbs1
    kgtqyaw8zdby.png
  • mdubbs1
    10byzzz347le.png
  • KonaKat
    Maryanne-Oh Wow! Great photos!

The Governor just announced that he is requesting schools to be closed until April 20. Isn't that after Easter when the President wants people back to work?
  • Helene610
    I’ve stopped watching his updates. I can’t stand listening to the nonsense that comes out of his mouth. I’m watching the local news. They said he’s about to do an update. It was interesting that they said they’d monitor the update and bring any import news to us. They must be fed up with the untruths and misinformation and are waiting to see if there is any real news.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    My station is still airing at least part of his ramblings. I really miss having a president who can speak in intelligent sentences instead of a rambling stream of consciousness.
  • mdubbs1
    During the first rambling "press conference", the media pretty quickly realized that these were now his "rallies" and every major network (except of course his Fox sycophants) cut off the coverage early.

We knew he was killing people (overseas; at the southern border) but we had no idea the scale at which he was going to be able to kill.

We're of course monitoring the legislation for our clients. I'm checking the Post and Times front page several times a day. And occasionally looking in at the Baltimore Sun.

He should announce he's not running for reelection so he devote himself to the American people. But of course he won't.
  • mdubbs1
    People are apparently waiting outside locked emergency rooms in New York, 6 or 7 hours a day, several days in a row, even in the rain, to be tested.

Why?

Unless you are really, really, sick, why go through that? 80% of people will apparently recover without hospitalization.

I wouldn't go near a hospital or urgent care place unless I thought I was having a heart attack, couldn't breathe, or had a broken bone.
  • Helene610
    I’m with you about going to a hospital. It must be different in NY. The virus is all around them and they are panicked about getting it. That might explain why they are willing to line up for hours for a test. They must have some symptoms as well. Someone who felt well wouldn’t risk being around sick people. Imagine feeling that ill and having to line up for a test.
  • KonaKat
    Here, you can't get tested without a doctor's order based upon symptoms. In the city near me, the mobile testing site is not at the hospital; it is in the large parking lot of its fitness center a few blocks away.

4e94gbeo9lbc.png
  • Helene610
    I got in 10,000 steps again yesterday. I’ve been trying to get 700-800 steps an hour to achieve the 10,000. I may not make it today. DH had a nightmare last night and it woke me up. I’m a very light sleeper. It was 5 am and I had a hard time going back to sleep so I’m kind of dragging today. I’m still walking but my total probably will be lower today.
  • Helene610
    Testing is set up the same way here. You need to have symptoms and have called your doctor. The doctor makes an appointment for testing. You go to a drive through testing area for the test. Medical personnel comes up to the car window so you don’t get out of the car.
  • KonaKat
    Helene--That is exactly how our testing is working. Congrats upon the 10,000 again; it is motivating to know you can achieve it. What I try to do when I have a day I feel very good is to get in extra steps so that at the end of the week, I will have averaged 10,000 a day. At least, that is the goal. This week I am not overly energetic.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene - great job on the steps!!
  • mdubbs1
    acqvlklhzrty.png
  • mdubbs1
    arid09cugxh6.png