2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    Helene610 wrote: »
    I’m going to make lentil soup in my crockpot. I had no stock in the house so I’m making vegetable stock with the tough ends of asparagus and potato peelings. If it turns out okay, I’ll offer to leave a container at my neighbor’s door. It’s nice to have a meal you don’t have to make yourself and I make a good pot of soup.

Sounds good!!
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Nothing to report here; same old, same old. The figures grow but we have yet to have a death.

The MRI people called me today to remind me not to bring anyone with me to the appointment on Monday. If I do, they have to sit in the car.
  • mdubbs1
    There are apparently 6 or 7 cases in the sparsely populated PA county I grew up in (200 people per square compiled compared to 1200 people per square mile here in Baltimore CO, MD). That surprises me. It's not tourist season yet.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    In my area there were 743 confirmed cases as of yesterday, out of a total population of over 6.8 million. That encompasses multiple counties and cities making up the entire Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. So far there are 7 deaths. The city where I live had 1 confirmed case, but the surrounding cities had quite a few more. Dallas has more than triple the number of the next closest outbreak. I’m staying very close to home as much as I possibly can. I expect these numbers to increase a lot now that testing is becoming much more available.
  • KonaKat
    638zy50st5y4.png
  • KonaKat
    0xebbyvi9k5l.png
  • mdubbs1
    edited March 2020
    KonaKat wrote: »
    0xebbyvi9k5l.png

Jean - I realized that our four youngest cats have never known a world where I wasn't home all day.
  • mdubbs1
    w3mfae9qjpig.png
  • mdubbs1
    I'm in Baltimore. Johns Hopkins is in Baltimore. There's a niggling part of my brain - the maybe overly logical part? - that thinks it would be luckiest to get this NOW, before the MD deluge.

Then I get busy working or doing chores and my mind switches to "normal". At some point then the brain "wakes up" and says "code red".

What a confusing time!
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Jean, that meme made me smile. Two of our cats liked to scratch the back of upholstered chairs and the couch.

We’re braving the outside world today. I haven’t picked up the mail in days. The post office is closed but the lobby is open. I shouldn’t run into anyone there. Our newspaper didn’t get delivered so we’ll pick up on a the grocery store. I need a few things from there. DH is going into the attached hardware store for a few things he needs for the shower renovation.
  • mdubbs1
    I got gas, picked up the CROM mail at the UPS store (what in the world would happen if that closed? It's been CROM's legal address since incorporation) and stopped at the store I went by. There weren't a ton of cars in the parking lot so I chanced it. Usually lighter supermarket crowds on Sunday morning are church related but I can't believe that was the story today.

I lucked out and found some pork loins for the freezer (I'd priced them on kansas city steaks - whew, boy!)

• mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    Jean, that meme made me smile. Two of our cats liked to scratch the back of upholstered chairs and the couch.

Our couch is ancient so the fact that a cat can get inside from either end doesn't disturb me much. OTOH we're trying to keep the fairly new recliner pristine.
  • mdubbs1
    js5k3ry12bx0.png
  • mdubbs1
    a95jcmmxgkkg.png
  • mdubbs1
    c09i8ggoz7zc.png
  • Helene610
    We stopped at the market and I was looking for Glad plastic containers to share my lentil soup with my neighbors. As I walked down the aisle, I saw a couple hundred rolls of toilet paper. I took four rolls. I walked down the aisle and then wondered if Bonnie and Tom needed any. I was going to call but realized I left my phone home in the charger. I picked up 2 rolls for them. I told the cashier some of it was for my neighbors so he wouldn’t think I was hoarding. I figured they’d appreciate it even if they had a supply at home. It wasn’t my choice of brand and it’s single ply but any port in a storm. We should be set for several weeks with what I had in the house.
  • mdubbs1
    edited March 2020
    Gotta love country music:

"I ain't gotta see my ex future mother in law any more - when it rains it pours"

• mdubbs1
    We shall not discuss how much toilet paper I not have stashed away. LOL!
  • KonaKat
    I supported the local pizza place tonight. I haven't had a ham and cheese sub since early January. Tasted fantastic.
  • Helene610
    I do takeout from our favorite deli a couple times a week I’m doing my part to help them stay in business. There are quite a few restaurants with sandwich boards advertising their phone number for takeout orders. None of them can do sit down service until the pandemic is over. Whenever that will be.