2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    4xwlpay8fs0f.jpeg
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    My DVR died. Which means I have forever lost access to the MPT program on Hamilton. I can only assume they don't have the right to sell it because I've looked over and over. I am in mourning.

Anyway, I spent the morning on the phone with Comcast and Verizon and I'd rather have teeth pulled.

• mdubbs1
    v4nrwk0ttw0d.png
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    For a more serious approach to this Covid-19 mess, this is a link outlining the steps in our state's opening and the data to be used to determine each phase of the gradual opening:

https://coronavirus.wvgovstatus.com/WV_Strong_The_Comeback.pdf

It also calls for the steps to be taken should the data show a negative direction after the phased in opening. Bottom line is that we will be social distancing in some capacity through the Summer. The first phase calls for there to be three consecutive days of less than 3% positives on tests done. We achieved the first day today. We are not happy with the DC prisoners being transferred to our Federal prisons because there is room and will make it less congested in the DC prisons.

xbskfybxd3og.png

This chart is a little hard to read but it compares our state to the nation and the states that border it, such as Maryland, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Kentucky, Virginia.

vr07lx2zradu.png

• KonaKat
    I have no idea of what I weigh. By the time I think of it, I've already eaten. I've no button front tops, so I ordered some to make it easier getting tops on with this bum arm and shoulder. I know I am on a waiting list to be seen once the medical specialties can see people not classified as emergency.
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »
    I have no idea of what I weigh. By the time I think of it, I've already eaten. I've no button front tops, so I ordered some to make it easier getting tops on with this bum arm and shoulder. I know I am on a waiting list to be seen once the medical specialties can see people not classified as emergency.

Smart thinking getting some button front tops. I'd be stuck, too. I live in t-shirts.

• mdubbs1
    p8kshb0w35hk.png
  • mdubbs1
    slbc15kogtpy.png
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    DH was in a rehab facility a few years ago after his heart bypass. He hates button front shirts. He likes a golf type shirt. The occupational therapist asked what skills he wanted to learn. He wanted to learn how to put his shirt on without raising his arms above his shoulder. He held his arms out straight out, slipped his arms in the sleeves. Then he bent his neck and put his head through the neck. Then he grabbed the hemline and pulled the shirt down. Give it a try before you have surgery.it sounds more complicated than it is in practice. It would work with a T shirt as well as a golf shirt. You still might need a button front shirt at first and later transition to T shirt. DH mastered the skill very quickly and could wear his preferred style shirt while still in rehab.
  • mdubbs1
    7ep8mbwu72vy.png
  • KonaKat
    Helene--Thanks for the tip on how to handle tops that are not button front. This is one of the things you take for granted until confronted with it.

My order from Freshly will arrive today. I wanted something different. Not cheap but better than a restaurant meal out in terms of cost.
  • mdubbs1
    6c9iw86wb6pd.png
  • KonaKat
    I typed a bunch of stuff and then lost it. I will skip to this. The Gov. will speak today at 5:30pm. Tody's report at 5pm will determine if we have the three consecutive days of positive test results under 3%. If so, then the launch to reopen will begin with the hospitals and related occupations. This link provides the updated list of occupations/businesses expected to open each phased in week providing they meet qualifications;

https://coronavirus.wvgovstatus.com/2 Apr 28 2020 WVSTC.pdf
  • KonaKat
    I was expecting an order from Freshly.com yesterday as I was wanting something different, and these were fresh (guess that is where the name originated) and supposedly were good restaurant quality. It was put on the FedEx truck for local delivery yesterday morning.

Come evening, and no Freshly order. I checked the tracking and basically it said the driver did not attempt delivery, but it would be done today. O.K., it had already been one day coming from Grove City, Ohio to the local distribution point an hour and a half away. Yesterday, woul have been the 2nd day. I was not willing to trust the qualty of the meals with a 3rd day delivery.

I contacted Freshly and told them to cancel my account. There was no way I was trusting unfrozen food on a third day delivery with it sitting in the truck. How do I know how FedEx is treating the food? They also refunded me for the meals. Guess what is being delivered today? Or will it? Tracking say "yes," but it said that yesterday at this time.
  • mdubbs1
    Amazon deliveries are all over the place. Shipments arrive days before the web site says they will or days after or not at all. I had one shipment that had 3 items in it and they're all showing as slightly different status (but they did refund me for all three). And you can look in vain for any hint of apology on the web site.

Chewy, OTOH, is doing a phenomenal job. Their web site apologies profusely. They are shipping orders in pieces from whatever warehouse around the country has the item. Tracking is up to date.
  • KonaKat
    Well,it didn't take long once the State said it was likely that elective surgeries could take place. I have appointment with the orthopedic surgeon on May 12 and surgery on May 27.
  • Helene610
    Jean, that must be a relief to finally be on the doctor’s schedule. FL seems to be reopening some things bit by bit. Some beaches and parks are open for walking and biking as long as people maintain social distance. MA is still closed up. The governor is doing a good job of waiting until conditions improve before opening things up.
  • Helene610
    FL governor just finished a press conference. They are starting phase one openings on May fourth. It leaves south FL (Miami area) closed because numbers there are much higher other areas of the state. Restaurants can open at 25% capacity. Schools will stay closed, as will bars, gyms and personal services like hair salons. I’m glad he’s taking a slow, cautious approach.
  • KonaKat
    Helene--Your restaurants are opening faster than ours. I am just drifting with the flow of things.