2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    jkxdc0xr7jtj.jpeg
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    Pam - that's so funny!

Although that's what it looks like when Sammy attacks Jack and Jack does NOT find it funny.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    You two were pretty cute. Your hair may be that long again by the time the salons open again. Unless you’re planning to drive to GA. But you may come back with more than a haircut.
  • PamS53
    Maryanne, your DH looks a lot like a young Bobby Kennedy! Cute picture.
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    Maryanne, your DH looks a lot like a young Bobby Kennedy! Cute picture.

I'd tell him you said that except then I'd have to admit I shared that picture. LOL!
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    You two were pretty cute. Your hair may be that long again by the time the salons open again. Unless you’re planning to drive to GA. But you may come back with more than a haircut.

I was just thinking I should order a couple scrunchies.

I'm thinking I'll be grey and straggly but maybe thin by the time the world emerges.

Of course DH has offered to cut my hair (he cuts his own hair) to which my reply is along the lines of no way,jose!

I feel bad for my hairdresser. She's 65. I know she has a mortgage. I know she has a mentally ill adult child for whom she's responsible. The ex is apparently a cop (retired cop?) but it doesn't sound like he's much help. Because they are treated as independent contractors, she may well get no unemployment.
  • Helene610
    I just watched a clip of his highness suggesting scientists check out whether we could zap people from the ultra violet or other strong light because he thinks we can kill the virus from the inside out. Or if that doesn’t work, we can drink bleach or disinfectant cocktails for the same person. Dr Birx was sitting off to the side looking like she was biting her tongue not to comment on the latest birdbrained theory. Or maybe she was getting ready to explode. I’m sure this will all be on the nightly news and Stephen Colbert will have a field day with this.
  • PamS53
    Helene610 wrote: »
    I just watched a clip of his highness suggesting scientists check out whether we could zap people from the ultra violet or other strong light because he thinks we can kill the virus from the inside out. Or if that doesn’t work, we can drink bleach or disinfectant cocktails for the same person. Dr Birx was sitting off to the side looking like she was biting her tongue not to comment on the latest birdbrained theory. Or maybe she was getting ready to explode. I’m sure this will all be on the nightly news and Stephen Colbert will have a field day with this.

Just when you think he can’t get any dumber ...
  • mdubbs1
    Lysol (at the urging of their risk management department) immediately put out a statement telling people NOT to drink their product.

You know, there is a congressional remedy for a president who's gone off the deep end, but it takes a cabinet with ethics/guts/something that we don't have.
  • mdubbs1
    I talked to a (male) client today and I'm not sure how we got on the subject but he actually understood my frustrations with the ins and outs of online grocery ordering. He shared details. Wild!
  • mdubbs1
    9p02kvjeh3xt.png
  • mdubbs1
    d251vvopzaju.png
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Yes, I have hugged my fur baby!

I actually slept in until 5:45 am. I'm watching Hallmark's mystery movies. Just finished Columbo. That has to be one of the best series ever!

My hair is heavy so it is really beginning to bug me. To self trim or not? There would still be enough left for my hair person to corrct.

I did something yesterday. I have been looking at the Freshly meals for a long time, so I decided to bite yesterday. I'm tired of what I've been eating. Now, to see if these chef prepared meals that can be nuked are good. If anyone wants to try them out, I have a referral code to save both of us money.

With a bum back,sometimes gettingup from the toilet is a challenge. Yesterday, I took off the old tolet seat, installed the riser and then the new tolet seat on top of it. The long bolts provifed with the riser goes through the toilet seat, the riser and then the toilet. It is one of the greatest purhases I have mafe.
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »

With a bum back,sometimes gettingup from the toilet is a challenge. Yesterday, I took off the old tolet seat, installed the riser and then the new tolet seat on top of it. The long bolts provifed with the riser goes through the toilet seat, the riser and then the toilet. It is one of the greatest purhases I have mafe.

Sounds like a great invention!
  • mdubbs1
    The Baltimore Sun online - front page headline - NFL draft. Some folks have different priorities.
  • Helene610
    Now his highness is trying to sell that he was just being sarcastic when he suggested UV light and drinking detergent as potential cures. He says he was to reporters. The news commentators point out he was looking at and speaking directly to medical experts. He’s incapable of saying I made a mistake. He could have said he was trying to offer helpful suggestions but no, he has an excuse for everything. What a piece of work. How do his supporters hear stuff like that and not realize they elected an idiot.
  • Helene610
    Jean, the Freshly meals sound like a good solution for you, if they are any good. Give us a review after you try a few.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Comparison of WV to border states and nation:
    id6cawh3rvm2.png
  • mdubbs1
    This is hilarious (if you're into Hamilton or Jonathan Groff anyway). I don't know if I can copy it.

• PamS53
    nqflppejlmv5.jpeg