2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    PamS53 wrote: »
    My top 5 things I miss, hmmm. My number 1 is being able to get together with friends. Number 2 would be eating in a restaurant. Three would be being able to shop in stores, other than grocery, Target, or Walmart. Number 4 would be DH going about his normal activities, so that he’s not always HERE!, lol. And number 5 is missing all of the graduation and end of the year activities for my niece and nephew who are graduating from college and high school, respectively. As Maryanne said, all first world problems, but still things I miss.

I'm sorry you're missing all your niece's and nephew's activities. I don't have any of either but I'm sure it's hard to miss those milestones.

I admit I was putting the question in the context of specific food items. LOL! You can tell where my brain is.

I adopted internet shopping aeons ago. About the only store I ever go into other than a grocery store is this one Hallmark store that also sells Wockenfuss candies and not going there is a good thing.

I do miss the occasional meal with friends and certainly I wish I could go see my dad.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    edited April 2020
    Maryanne--Congrats upon your weight loss. That is good about you buying the bears. They never meant that much to me, so I donated mine to Good Will in one of my "let's get rid of this stuff" moments. The first thing I saw this morning was my internet home news page featuring a protestor and a sign saying, "Open up Maryland."

I understand some believe this is nothing more than a flu that would have taken out those with underlying conditions, the elderly, etc. and I also understand the economic issues. My problem is that I never saw many taking the "stay at home" social distancing requirements seriously in the city, so if they are released to work then how will they manage it?

I don't need food but I reserved a time at WalMart in the city to pick up some food just in case I needed to get out. Lacking that, I will drive over an hour just to go through a drive through to get out of the house. I did pick up a prescription at the drug store yesterday, along with my limit of two packs of toilet paper that just went on sale. That got me out of the house for 15 minutes.

I have a telephone appointment with my cardiologist this morning. Prior to that, I sent him an updated Kardia one-lead EKG and vitals.

Odd things cross my mind at times. Have you ever looked at the big shots during all these news conferences and wondered who trimmed or styled their hair? Some of them have hair that doesn't look as if it has grown a millimeter in a month.
  • mdubbs1
    Jean - I've also noticed a couple celebrities who look decidedly different. DH watched CNBC and I thought Mark Cuban, without makeup and hair dye, looked much older.

I wish the protestors would actually read some of the first hand stories. DH sent me Brooke Baldwin's. She's young and healthy and it didn't even go into her lungs but what a two weeks she had! https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/19/health/coronavirus-diary-sickness-brooke-baldwin/index.html

Cured me of any of my stray thoughts about maybe it would be good to get it over with. I'm NOT young and healthy.
  • mdubbs1
    Piers Morgan, an old friend of the cheetos from his TV days, has tried to get through to him:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/04/20/morgan-trump-coronavirus-briefings/

Says neither the cheeto nor Boris Johnson has what it takes to be a wartime president.
  • mdubbs1
    xo43uj1cutf1.png
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Hey, congratulations on the pound and a half and the 40 pound bear. You’re doing great in spite of everything that’s going on. I seem to be on a plateau. I’m only gettin half my steps. In. It’s been close to 90 degrees for the last couple of weeks. It’s too hot to walk outside and I can only walk around the house so many times.I’m walking around 4000 steps. It’s not bad but it’s not enough to to get me a loss.
  • mdubbs1
    I was looking at the NS "high protein" menu to see if I could put together something like the old 3-day body boost. I decided no way. Then it dawned on me I could do a "body boost" for 3 days with packets. So that's what I'm planning the next 3 days. Have my spreadsheets done already and everything. Granted it's week past my stall but what the heck. LOL!

I can't help wondering if I'll actually see the cardiologist in September (does anyone really think doctors will be seeing patients by then?) but I'd love to shock her with a normal BMI. The huge side benefit (which is really the primary benefit) is keeping a handle on my blood pressure and heart issues in case I should get this virus.
  • mdubbs1
    My favorite CNN commentator:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/20/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-task-force-sunday/index.html

Such a great sense of snark. Sometimes I just need to be reminded that other people DO see through the cheeto.
  • mdubbs1
    4v79wxvzrln4.png
  • mdubbs1
    2dftkf4kxs3v.png
  • KonaKat
    Ever wonder if wearing face masks will be part of the new "normal?"

I know it pales in comparison to the rest of you but I just weighed myself for the first time since all this began and I haven't been eating appropriately. Bottom line is that since January 1, I have lost ten pounds. I was motivated to weigh myself "officially" when I picked up the cat to weigh him yesterday. I weigh myself with him and then weigh myself without him and take the difference as his weight.
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »

I know it pales in comparison to the rest of you but I just weighed myself for the first time since all this began and I haven't been eating appropriately. Bottom line is that since January 1, I have lost ten pounds. I was motivated to weigh myself "officially" when I picked up the cat to weigh him yesterday. I weigh myself with him and then weigh myself without him and take the difference as his weight.

10 pounds is nothing to sniff at! Good have been a gain instead but you pulled off a loss!!!
  • mdubbs1
    Ever wonder if wearing face masks will be part of the new "normal?"

I sort of hope not but who knows?
  • mdubbs1
    zhyy46jyl1fv.png
  • mdubbs1
    9du3he105meu.png
  • KonaKat
    Maryanne--"Finally, I'm free" is so good. I've been playing hermit so long that I am losing any desire to leave the house. The drugstore called and said I had a refill ready. I really don't want to leave just to pick up a refill.
  • mdubbs1
    Maryanne--"Finally, I'm free" is so good. I've been playing hermit so long that I am losing any desire to leave the house. The drugstore called and said I had a refill ready. I really don't want to leave just to pick up a refill.

I'm already dreading getting to the point I need any drug refills for me or Jack. DH gets all his by mail.

• mdubbs1
    Okay, I'm on day 1 of my self-designed Body Boost-equivalent. I started the day with wonderslim pancakes with 1/2 banana mushed in and one packet of 15-calorie (fake) syrup. It's amazing how good it is and how satisfying. I can really see why Dr. Now prescribes 1200 calorie a day high protein diets. If you're going to eat 1200 calories, high protein is the way to do it!

Now I've got to get some work done. We continue to be amazingly busy.
  • KonaKat
    ofwtobp4wv6d.png
  • mdubbs1
    Jean - that's my first laugh out loud of the morning. I needed that!