2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    d1x2tqftumcn.jpeg
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    Pam - what a funny twist on that saying!!!
  • mdubbs1
    Elizabeth Warren obviously provided her donor email list to the Biden campaign as I just got an email from them acknowledging me as a Warren supporter and asking me, not to donate, but to indicate support for the campaign (of course followed in quick succession by two fund raising emails). I guess Mayor Pete hasn't turned over his list. Interesting.
  • mdubbs1
    ecyeao6bbty5.png
  • mdubbs1
    From the nutrisystem board:

Hey all... a really fun IF YOU'RE INTERESTED AND LIKE/LOVE ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER SHOWS:

www.timeout.com/news/andrew-lloyd-webbers-biggest-musicals-are-streaming-free-on-youtube-for-a-limited-time-041520

In a departure from The Shows Must Go On!'s usual practice, the stream will be viewable for only 24 hours in the UK and Ireland, but for the usual full 48 hours everywhere else.
    Just go to YouTube and look up The Show's Must Go On... Phantom of the Opera today... ENJOY!!!
  • mdubbs1
    This is adorable - folks using their giant teddy bears to amuse their neighbors during the quarantine:

https://cheezburger.com/11176965/ted-ed-are-giant-teddy-bears-who-entertain-their-neighborhood-these-days
  • mdubbs1
    Please world don't let them have another 4 years. From the NY Times:

U.S. manufacturers shipped millions of dollars of face masks and other protective medical equipment to China in January and February with encouragement from the federal government, a Washington Post review of economic data and internal government documents has found. The move underscores the Trump administration’s failure to recognize and prepare for the growing pandemic threat.

In those two months, the value of protective masks and related items exported from the United States to China grew more than 1,000 percent compared with the same time last year — from $1.4 million to about $17.6 million, according to a Post analysis of customs categories which, according to research by Public Citizen, contain key PPE. Similarly, shipments of ventilators and protective garments jumped by triple digits.

“Instead of taking steps to prepare, they ignored the advice of one expert after another,” said Rep. Lloyd Doggett (D-Tex.). “People right now, as we speak, are dying because there have been inadequate supplies of PPE.”
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Those giant teddy bears are a ray of sunshine for everyone in stay at home mode. I can imagine the cars full of kids driving past to enjoy them. Some people are so creative.
  • mdubbs1
    I know, I love the teddy bears. I think I'm a kid at heart.

I got a grocery delivery today. SO many things not available. DH is having to be way more flexible than he's ever been in his life.

I have to confess there are some things I really miss too!
  • mdubbs1
    edited April 2020
    ubndppj59pl2.png
  • Helene610
    What are your top 5 things you miss?
  • mdubbs1
    edited April 2020
    Helene610 wrote: »

What I miss most is just being able to run out to the store and pick up a few things. I find a couple things one place and a couple things another place and then have to add enough things to meet their delivery minimums.

Specifically? Hmmm -

Smart Ones mini cheeseburgers (possibly just because it's the first frozen thing I'm out of; almost no frozen food is available)

Perdue turkey strips

Egg beaters

Fresh veggies in "to be steamed" bags

Very Veggie salad mix

Interestingly I have been able to get my Stewart's diet root beer. The store I buy that from has a cool online ordering system - you can make "special requests". So if you know the store usually has it you can make a special request.

Anyway I realize I'm whining about first world problems.
  • mdubbs1

How are you finding food shopping?
  • mdubbs1
    NBC News / WSJ Poll: 58% of voters are more worried about opening the economy too quickly.

65% say Trump didn't take COVID-19 threat seriously enough at the beginning of the crisis.

44% approve of Trump's handing of the crisis.

WHO THE HECK ARE THOSE 44%????
  • mdubbs1
    79mm8ebdmbni.png
  • mdubbs1
    ug1bo7rwz02h.png

kbou33igyclt.png
  • Helene610
    mdubbs1 wrote: »

How are you finding food shopping?
    We are lucky to be on a small island with 2 independent markets. I’ve been able to find most of what I want. They have a smaller selection of frozen foods than a big store but it’s more than adequate. We have a deli counter and an in store bakery. There’s a nice selection of produce and they still have rotisserie chickens. So I really have nothing to complain about shopping wise. I have many choices of stores off island but I don’t think I’d find that much more and we’d be exposed to more people. The island population is mostly seniors. They tend to follow social distancing and wear masks. The few I see not wearing masks are young and I give them a wide bear they.

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    My top 5 things I miss, hmmm. My number 1 is being able to get together with friends. Number 2 would be eating in a restaurant. Three would be being able to shop in stores, other than grocery, Target, or Walmart. Number 4 would be DH going about his normal activities, so that he’s not always HERE!, lol. And number 5 is missing all of the graduation and end of the year activities for my niece and nephew who are graduating from college and high school, respectively. As Maryanne said, all first world problems, but still things I miss.
  • mdubbs1
    2yl32ty9g62q.png
  • mdubbs1
    I lost a pound and a half last week. My 40-lb bear can now come out of the closet! It's been a lot of years since I was this weight.

(I bought all these bears on ebay once upon a time. I actually have 50 and 60 pound bears and a 'goal' bear. Will any of them ever get out of the closet? They haven't in all these years but who knows - it could happen. 60 lbs would actually put me PAST my goal.)

pq0uy465yhxi.png