2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    8vnn27618itp.png
  • mdubbs1
    edited April 2020
    0owfms0wbvif.png

(referencing Brandon Dixon; loved him in Jesus Christ Superstar); he took over as Aaron Burr in Hamilton on Broadway in 2016
  • mdubbs1
    Okay, QVC has wigs on their front page along with this:

You'll be cute & confident for video calls & more with this heat-styleable wig from Toni Brattin.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    I watched "Jesus Christ Superstar" last evening as the encore presentation. I missed it two years ago when it was live. Fabulous production!

I did something wild this morning. I am getting low, so I placed a pickup order at one of the Walmarts in the city as it carries things I can't get here. The first available pick up time is this coming Friday at 1pm. I took it. Now, I have to clean out trunk and possibly back seat of car as this should do me for a month.
  • KonaKat
    p5n0mmna4iop.png
  • KonaKat
    I can't get beyond the 8th level. I guess I'm chickened out for the day.

I saw where the Fearless One said he had the authority to tell the states when to "open up." In the Governor's conference, that comment was not referenced but the health expert for the State said the governor would make the decision based upon data as they didn't want secondary breakouts and spreads.
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »
    I watched "Jesus Christ Superstar" last evening as the encore presentation. I missed it two years ago when it was live. Fabulous production!

I did something wild this morning. I am getting low, so I placed a pickup order at one of the Walmarts in the city as it carries things I can't get here. The first available pick up time is this coming Friday at 1pm. I took it. Now, I have to clean out trunk and possibly back seat of car as this should do me for a month.

Yes, that JC Superstar production is fantastic. I first heard that album when I was an undergrad at Pitt. I can still remember it! I have the DVD of the John Legend version.

I got two delivery orders today. I am trying hard not to be picky. I read somewhere a comment that the shopper did better than they did themselves. Ummm, not so nowadays or in this case.
  • mdubbs1
    p5n0mmna4iop.png

Okay, let's not pick on mathematicians. LOL!!!!!
  • mdubbs1
    19f0rvbocwej.png
  • mdubbs1
    o2vpn2dyrgqt.png
  • mdubbs1
    04yd2r9uc084.png
  • mdubbs1
    CNN captions telling it like it is. Good for them! (full disclosure - I simply can't tolerate watching those "briefings" any more; I'm sort of in the camp of not airing them at all and later playing clips of the experts with whatever they were allowed to say)

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/cnn-chyron-trump-coronavirus-briefing_n_5e94edb5c5b606109f5e9bfa
  • mdubbs1
    To get a little whining out of the way:

My alarm clock died. Do you know you can't get an alarm clock on amazon, even having paid for prime, until May? Anyway I found one exactly like mine on ebay and I'm going to take a chance on it.

I got two food deliveries yesterday. Both left a great deal to be desired, in terms of what they had and the quality. There were a couple things that went right in the trash.

Enough already - I can hear my late mother saying "quit complaining, Maryanne, and do something good for someone".

• KonaKat
    Maryanne--I thought your math background would lend itself to your appreciating the calculus one. The only thing I know about Amazon is that according to them they are putting a priority on health items during this chaotic time. I have two items arriving this week from an order I placed yesterday--and both could be considered health-related.

The good news is that American is issuing a full refund to my credit card instead of applying the cost of the ticket to a future ticket.
  • mdubbs1

The good news is that American is issuing a full refund to my credit card instead of applying the cost of the ticket to a future ticket.

YEAH!
  • mdubbs1
    Maryanne--I thought your math background would lend itself to your appreciating the calculus one. The only thing I know about Amazon is that according to them they are putting a priority on health items during this chaotic time. I have two items arriving this week from an order I placed yesterday--and both could be considered health-related.

I really did appreciate the calculus one. My dad taught physics, chemistry and advanced math. I went to Pitt as a spanish major but that didn't last long. Switched to math before the end of my first year. My first master's degree is in math as well. I'm the one folks come to in the firm when they have a math question. It's sort of funny actually - some of them are pretty simple - but "lawyers don't do math" isn't just a saying.

• mdubbs1
    Wow, look what this police officer in India is armed with:

jqr6gsaqbe98.png
  • KonaKat
    tp78uqs6ila6.png
  • mdubbs1
    I lost zero weight last week. No cheating or anything so I guess it's a stall.

I went to amazon to order some more of those steam in bags. I need to slow down and read when I order online. I now have HUGE bags of broccoli and green beans instead of the single serve bags I thought I was ordering. Totally my fault. I have enough bags for now but thought I should order since almost everything is coming mid May now. Well, guess what, those bags are apparently essential in Jeff Bezo's humble opinion.

• mdubbs1
    Color me totally unsurprised:

The White House has tried to reassure the public that it’s on top of the coronavirus pandemic, declaring it an “all-hands-on-deck effort.” Yet as the disease has ripped through the country, many of President Donald Trump’s Cabinet members have been largely absent or have failed to use the powers of their agencies to respond to a crisis that has shut down the economy and killed more than 20,000 Americans.

“The absence of Trump’s Cabinet has been a staggering, if not unsurprising, abdication of leadership,” said Kyle Herrig, president of Accountable.US, a nonpartisan government watchdog group. “With millions of Americans losing their jobs and health care, the entire education system shifting to remote learning, and working people across the country struggling to pay rent, you’d think the Cabinet would show some urgency in upholding their oaths and helping the country navigate this crisis.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-cabinet-missing-coronavirus_n_5e95bc65c5b6cc788eaf729e