2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    e4c7vbimcjjb.png
  • mdubbs1
    y9x6gly0njop.png
  • mdubbs1
    I just dug back in time and found where we exchanged email addresses and sent out a message. Respond if you're comfortable doing so. It just occurred to me that one of us could disappear and we might never know whether they were okay.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Maryanne--I heard that Baltimore is on the hot spot list or getting there. I would hate to think that this thing is going to drag on until the Fall with school not in session.It isn't only the online instruction problem, but school was also a social network for many.

For the fun of it, I used the WalMart app to search for specific items at WalMart. It is amazing the foods that are no longer in stock. I have a feeling it goes out as soon as it comes in with people shopping at Midnight for pickup. Some of my favorite Lean Cuisine is not in stock as of yesterday.

I have no problem with exchanging emails again.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Maryanne, I checked my email but didn’t see anything from you. I also checked my spam folder but nothing there either. My email address is mpshearer@live.com.
  • mdubbs1
    Pam - you had an icloud address back then. I'll forward everything to you.
  • KonaKat
    A friend has a son who works for WalMart delivering items. According to him, WalMart and others are having difficulties getting the usual supplies of items, including food, from vendors. Time to sign up for Nutrisystem or one of those Home Delivery deals?
  • mdubbs1
    Every time DH gripes about our stockpile and suggests I stop I tell him (1) it's getting harder and harder to get deliveries so I want to buy while I can and (2) it's important medically for me to stay on my diet. I foresaw supply chain problems as far back as late February. (When DH suggested I could lose 40 more pounds he almost became homeless).

When/if this is over, he'll be eating canned goods for quite awhile. So be it!

I never gave up my NS "a la carte" membership and I don't think now is the time to do so (40% off and free shipping on shelf stable) for $34,99 every 3 months. I just got a couple things this week and it was pretty prompt. Only one thing substituted.

Diet Direct and Bariatric Pal seem to still be stocked as well.

I can really see why Dr. Now (and other bariatric surgeons) puts folks on 1200 calorie diets that are high protein. I'm doing NS shelf stable today and by 11 am I was starving.

I really miss my rotisserie chicken. I bought one a week and used it for protein all week.

• KonaKat
    43qules8l1in.png
  • PamS53
    Many of my friends had requested masks from my sister and she had agreed to make them. She had to wait to get resupplied with elastic but was finally able to send them out on Tuesday and I received them yesterday. I had baked and decorated some sugar cookies, so I packaged up a few cookies with each package of masks. DH and I delivered them last night in his red Miata convertible. It was a nice outing for a little fresh air and sunshine. I left the packages on their doorsteps, then texted to let them know they were there to avoid any contact. I’m too old to ring the doorbell and run, lol!
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Are you in the city or the suburbs?
  • KonaKat
    jeglpax0uv2z.png
  • PamS53
    Helene, I’m not sure if you’re asking me or Maryanne, but I live in a suburb of Fort Worth, just outside D/FW airport.
  • mdubbs1
    edited April 2020
    In Baltimore there are suburbs close to the city and then another ring of suburbs a little farther out. At least that's the way I think of it. We're in the "inner ring" to the west. We live on a little dead end street in a school district much desired so there are never any empty houses. We're in at least one of the flight paths to BWI airport but it's not often an issue. I am close to two walmarts (which I avoid like the plague), two Giant food stores, a Safeway food store and a Weis food store (a PA chain). We also have two strange small chains - Aldis and Lidls (I've never once set foot in either one of them). Giant has suspended food deliveries. I can't seem to get a delivery time on the Safeway site although it will let me build a cart. I'm having the best luck with Aldis and Amazon Fresh. Hmm. I probably should see if Lidls is doing delivery; they're the same sort of store as Aldis. My understanding was always that it was a strange little place with no brand names but I've done one order so far and have another one pending. I also have ordered some things from Walmart, something I never thought I'd do. The biggest problem seems to be I'll find a few things in one place and then have to add stuff to get to their delivery minimum. Which accounts for the stockpile of canned and paper goods.
  • mdubbs1
    I went looking for emojis with face masks:

i6gbqn8bep1k.png

DH says he's tried breathing in an N95 mask and couldn't (he has mild emphysema from years of smoking). He thinks, with my claustrophobia, one of those masks would panic me. I haven't tried.

• Helene610
    I was asking Maryanne because I know Baltimore is getting to be a hot spot. From her description, it sounds like she’s a bit removed from the danger zone. We have an Aldi’s in Ft Myers. I stop there if I have to leave the island for appointments. It’s a warehouse style store but they have good prices and I like everything I bought there. One interesting feature, you have to put a quarter in to get a shopping cart like you do for the carts at the airport. You get the quarter back when you put the cart back in the rack. So you never see stray carts all over the parking lot. We also have super Target, Walmart, Publix and Whole Foods in town. I almost never shop Walmart. We have two independent stores on the island; Bailey’s and Jerry’s. Both are family owned and have been here for decades. They are a bit more expensive but I have to pay a toll to get back on the island. So I’d have to save more than $6 to justify going off island to shop. And the selection here has been great. Other than tp, I can find most of what I need or a close substitution.
  • Helene610
    Pam, I love the visual of if you rang the doorbell and ran. You probably could do it before you broke your ankle.
  • mdubbs1
    4bkhpk0g5y64.png
  • mdubbs1
    I'm not close to a Whole Foods. Every once in awhile I make a swing around the specialty stores in the area, including Whole Foods and Trader Joes and some local "chains" - Graul's and Eddie's. Guess that won't be happening for quite awhile.
  • mdubbs1
    We just got an email from our auto insurer that they're lowering rates. DH says he guesses claims are down as people aren't driving?