2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Morning, all! Up since 4am which makes for a long day. Starting Day 2 of Week 4, not that I am counting. 😕 Getting bad when in Kentucky and here in Kanawha County those who are diagnosed and won't stay put may have a gps ankle bracelet put on.

Have a good day as we await the next thrilling chapter of "Days of Our Quarantined Lives." 😷

Does that emoji actually have a mask on? Love it!

GPS??? Seriously??? On the one hand it makes sense, on the other hand, I can't help wondering about the legal basis (I know, turn off lawyer hat).
  • mdubbs1
    James Corden had a one hour special a few days back (from his garage). I watched the last couple evenings. His guests performed from home. I was surprised to discover what absolutely excellent pianists John Legend and Andrea Bocelli are.
  • mdubbs1
    edited April 2020
    Top op ed piece on the Post this morning is titled:

The worst president. Ever.

Government officials were delivering similar warnings directly to Trump. A team of Post reporters wrote on Saturday: “The Trump administration received its first formal notification of the outbreak of the coronavirus in China on Jan. 3. Within days, U.S. spy agencies were signaling the seriousness of the threat to Trump by including a warning about the coronavirus —the first of many—in the President’s Daily Brief.” But Trump wasn’t listening.

• mdubbs1
    edited April 2020
    I'm going to cancel the paper version of the Baltimore Sun. I used to get it for the coupons and comics and Parade magazine but I can't use the coupons if I'm not going to the store and I can read the comics online and the Parade magazine has shrunk to nearly nothing. Once this is over I can always pick up a Sunday paper at the dollar store.

To my annoyance you can't do it online.
  • mdubbs1
    This is Wynn, a trainee service dog. He gives comfort and support to the amazing medical staff caring for Coronavirus patients at Rose Medical Center in Denver.

Wynn is a good boy.

sg8uht6b7r4e.png
  • mdubbs1
    ioih8j3dr9oi.png
  • mdubbs1
    jp2g5ikaulax.png
  • mdubbs1
    I lost 2 1/2 pounds last week.

slchwpckzr2r.png

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Congrats, Maryanne! Apparently being quarantined is good for your weight loss regimen!
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member

mdubbs1 wrote: »
    James Corden had a one hour special a few days back (from his garage). I watched the last couple evenings. His guests performed from home. I was surprised to discover what absolutely excellent pianists John Legend and Andrea Bocelli are.
    I knew John Legend was a talented pianist from seeing him on The Voice and when he performed on award shows. I didn’t know about Bocelli though.

• mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    mdubbs1 wrote: »
    I knew John Legend was a talented pianist from seeing him on The Voice and when he performed on award shows. I didn’t know about Bocelli though.

I confess I've never watched the voice.

I had to contrast them with the first performance on the ACM substitute show last night. All country singers from their homes. Started with Keith Urban whose performance I thought was terrible! I turned it off at that point. I'm sure I'll go back to it.
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    Congrats, Maryanne! Apparently being quarantined is good for your weight loss regimen!

I think it's nerves and anxiety. I'm finding myself not even finishing whole portions. E.g. this morning I had NS oatmeal and my first thought was "this is too much". That's SO not like me
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    I hopped on the scale this morning and saw a three pound drop. I thought this cannot be right. Well, it wasn’t. It was a fluke. I got on again and I stayed the same. I’m happy for you though.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    I hopped on the scale this morning and saw a three pound drop. I thought this cannot be right. Well, it wasn’t. It was a fluke. I got on again and I stayed the same. I’m happy for you though.

The first weight on my scale is almost always an error so I don't even look down. The scale has ] as an error message but it follows the weight so I can usually miss the weight.

I'm almost to the point where I can get the 40-lb bear out of the closet. I haven't lost 40 pounds since 1/1 but I track bears based on my all time high.
  • mdubbs1
    There are two babies in the Decorah nest now:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Decorah+D34+and+D35
  • mdubbs1
    It's not just the orange cheeto:

Mississippi Governor Declares ‘Confederate Heritage Month’ During Coronavirus Pandemic

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tate-reeves-confederate-mississippi_n_5e8b3d5cc5b6cbaf282cf2e3

Geesh!! (I know better words but I'll keep it clean.)
  • mdubbs1
    d760nkrk4n8i.png
  • mdubbs1
    028kg5shxdtf.png
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    I've quit getting on the scale, and exercising is minimal. I used to fit all this into a schedule. Now there is nothing to schedule. Boredom reigns big time! I guess I don't see a purpose for doing the restricted eating and implemented exercise.

The ankle gps is justified if the person resists an order given directly to them by the law in form of local police or State Police.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    4ew4dv261srr.png