2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    i2c2m8szczqr.png
  • mdubbs1
    69cgf9ssn87p.png
  • mdubbs1
    edited April 2020
    x0smfzo8ep24.png
  • mdubbs1
    Helene - I just got an email from someone who's been on the periphery of CROM for years. She emailed me to tell me she's in Florida. Her name is Helene! Just strange coincidence.
  • mdubbs1
    I just read a Washington Post piece about mile long lines of cars at food pantries. Time to stop fretting over whether I can get all the different foods I'm used to having. As much as he frets, DH actually said the other day "we're lucky". Shocked the heck out of me. LOL!
  • mdubbs1
    edited April 2020
    My husband is super impressed by Home Depot's response: https://view.homedepotemail.com/?qs=719de2d845f8526b7c3d0542d5bc068321748d1b95a878c7267697932d036505ef0797bd721227cc3ca7f05f389555dda918425dae8d9f4df4789fcf4a6ad3eba2f84b6c812d4e23fa821bb1567aa28bb6190e543b2251a2

As I told him, some companies are going to step up to the plate (mine) and some are not (his).
  • mdubbs1
    There are a ton of people on etsy selling masks. I ordered two just in case I should decide to brave a grocery store at some point. Just to feed the colonies, I see no point. All my doctors are unilaterally cancelling appointments.
  • mdubbs1
    Jared Kushner is an idiot:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jared-kushner-stockpile_n_5e86dca8c5b6a949183425ca

New York Times:

Putting Jared Kushner In Charge Is Utter Madness

Kushner has succeeded at exactly three things in his life. He was born to the right parents, married well and learned how to influence his father-in-law. Most of his other endeavors — his biggest real estate deal, his foray into newspaper ownership, his attempt to broker a peace deal between the Israelis and the Palestinians — have been failures.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited April 2020
    I think he meant to say the stockpile is for the tRump family to use, if needed, not the citizens of the USA. What a worthless piece of s**t.

In our area, one of our county judges who is in charge of the county’s response to the virus had to specifically call out Hobby Lobby yesterday for remaining open despite orders for only essential businesses to remain open. I’ve not been a fan of that chain. For a long time due to their policy of limiting their employees’ options for family planning due to the owners’ religious ideology, I have actively boycotted their stores. Now, more than ever, I plan to never buy from them.
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    I think he meant to say the stockpile is for the tRump family to use, if needed, not the citizens of the USA. What a worthless piece of s**t.

In our area, one of our county judges who is in charge of the county’s response to the virus had to specifically call out Hobby Lobby yesterday for remaining open despite orders for only essential businesses to remain open. I’ve not been a fan of that chain. For a long time due to their policy of limiting their employees’ options for family planning due to the owners’ religious ideology, I have actively boycotted their stores. Now, more than ever, I plan to never buy from them.

Good one! Yes, that's what he is!

We don't have any Hobby Lobby stores but I'd boycott them if I could
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    I have two of those handmade masks which were made by a licensed practical nurse who just retired and now is discovering the joys of doing useful things on her schedule.

I got my MRI results online yesterday and despite the terminology, I suspecterd I had a problem. The orthopedic's office called me today to tell me that he had reviewed them and believes I might benefit from surgery. The only problem is that it is elective, and if I was interested in going that route that it likely couldn't be done for two months. If so, then that will make about six months I've been dealing with this.

At first, it wasn't bad but then at the beginning of March, it started being a major problem. It took two weeks to get insurance approval, and then another two weeks for the MRI. Right now, it is only certain movements that cause a problem so in two months, who knows? I just know that I read about the recovery process and limitations, such as not driving for a month, etc. so that is a problem.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Jean, I’m sorry you don’t live near me so I could be of help. I could help with driving and picking things up. Unfortunately, living in different states makes that impossible. Do you have any friends that could help with driving? Or do senior services match people with volunteer helpers ? I know that’s not possible right now but when the pandemic passes, is that a possibility? Delaying the surgery might actually be a benefit in respect to getting help.

I saw a news report the Delta was giving customers 2 years to use credits from canceled flights. Perhaps your airline is offering something like that. Even though the ticket is not refundable, they are not flying internationally so it’s not like you canceled them. It wouldn’t hurt to ask.
  • PamS53
    Jean, I’ve forgotten what type of injury you’re dealing with?

Tonight I participated in a FaceTime happy hour with my friends that usually get together every first Friday. We had a few technical issues, but it was really nice to see their faces and hear their voices. I think that is what I miss most during this enforced time of separation.
  • mdubbs1
    Jean - I'm so sorry about your MRI results. What a horrible time to be facing such a decision!!
  • mdubbs1
    Interesting - Johns Hopkins is now accepting donations of homemade masks as long as they are made according to their instructions:

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/giving.html#time
  • PamS53
    The masks my sister is making are similar, but instead of ties, she is sewing on 1/8” width elastic so that the masks just slip on over one’s ears. She also sews a small piece of pipe cleaner into the top edge to bend over the nose for a more customized fit.
  • PamS53
    bl9528t5shme.jpeg
  • PamS53
    uvdh35ircryi.jpeg
  • PamS53
    1yyyomj41uyk.jpeg
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    The problem is a rotator cuff issue. I had that happen many years ago but it healed on its own.

I had to steal "Jolene" to post on FB.