2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    Pam - thanks for the morning chuckles!!
  • mdubbs1
    51bcitz9rli4.png
  • mdubbs1
    fkct5wuuq35b.png
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    rjfwnr7cilvg.jpeg
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    RC is pretty painful. I had an RC injury last year and was lucky enough to heal it with PT. Any time I feel a twinge, I wonder about it coming back. I can see how recovery from surgery when you live alone would be difficult. In the meantime, does wearing a sling give you any relief from the pain? Is it your dominant arm?
  • Helene610
    My favorite meme today was the bear chart. I’m sure there are places where the stages are already 2 and 3.
  • Helene610
    We have 2 small hospitals on the Cape. They are affiliated. They recently closed the obstetrical department because they only had about 300 births a year. The larger hospital had 700 births a year. The hospital administration figured they could put the maternity beds to better use if the consolidated. The two hospitals are about twenty miles apart. I’m wondering if the decision was premature. I think we’re in for a baby boom when all this quarantining is over. Time will tell.
  • mdubbs1
    It feels like FOREVER since I went to the grocery store.

I checked my checking account.

It's been six days.....

This morning I fed the colonies and went by the post office drive through to drop off letters. Tomorrow I'll get the CROM mail at the (closed) UPS store.

My world is absent of people (except DH).

I spend my time refreshing my computer to try to get delivery times.

On the plus side, the girl cat at Pep Boys, who never gets anywhere near me, got close enough to sniff my finger today!
  • Helene610
    edited April 2020
    Maybe you smelled like cat food? Were you coming from feeding the colonies? LOL
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    I haven't seen anyone since Monday, March 30 other than those I've seen on TV. I did make a run to the Post Office last Wednesday eve to collect any mail.
  • KonaKat
    ljad08b0d6af.png
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    Maybe you smelled like cat food? Were you coming from feeding the colonies? LOL

Well, I WAS bringing her food but that's never gotten her close to me before.
  • Helene610
    Maybe it’s less contact available with the people she really likes. Whatever it was, you must have been thrilled when she came to you. Our cat Cagney, started life as a stray. She was very skittish with us for more than a year. She eventually got to the point of choosing to sit on our laps, if she was in the mood. We had her 16 years and we still couldn’t pick her up. She’d panic and the little feet would start flailing. DH could hold her about 10 seconds before she’d squirm to get down. She was our sweet girl and we were thrilled we we first were able to pet her.
  • mdubbs1
    9cq5voydp7zg.png
  • mdubbs1
    7psmcnwletyn.png
  • mdubbs1
    wmrveef4hsn1.png
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    5otfo6u9kteb.jpeg
  • mdubbs1
    ROTFL!!!!!!!!!
  • mdubbs1
    edited April 2020
    The last cat we placed at our vet before they closed their doors to the public:. Keeping her person company while she (the person) works from home. Bubbles, now Abbie.

vn0eh4zhohzd.png
  • KonaKat
    Morning, all! Up since 4am which makes for a long day. Starting Day 2 of Week 4, not that I am counting. 😕 Getting bad when in Kentucky and here in Kanawha County those who are diagnosed and won't stay put may have a gps ankle bracelet put on.

Have a good day as we await the next thrilling chapter of "Days of Our Quarantined Lives." 😷