2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    drlctpeoyhfl.png
  • KonaKat
    5rbv3mp8v61r.png
  • KonaKat
    This link has some great info on how to maintain a sense of control when the world is in chaos:

https://www.becomingminimalist.com/control/
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    I watched the ACM show last night. I had recorded it. I don’t listen to a lot of country music but I wanted to see this. I couldn’t identify a single Keith Urban song and had a similar reaction as you did. The show was uneven but there were more good performances than bad. I particularly liked Blake Shelton and Gwen Steffani, Tim McGraw, Braid Paisley and Darius Rucker. There was a nice tribute to Kenny Rogers.

I’ve found the musical shows hold my interest more right now. They are more uplifting. I watched Idol and I’ll watch The Voice today. I find myself wondering if they had completed the season before all this hit or if it grind to a halt without a winner. Idol is up to the top 20 part where America votes. I don’t know how they could have prerecorded that part. We’ll see.
  • Helene610
    Jean, I know what you mean about the exercising. After two weeks of really pushing myself, I find it harder to make myself do my steps. I went from 10,000 to 7,000 in a couple of days. I’m hoping my motivation recovers this week.
  • KonaKat
    968zo9bcwn3i.png
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    KonaKat wrote: »
    I've quit getting on the scale, and exercising is minimal. I used to fit all this into a schedule. Now there is nothing to schedule. Boredom reigns big time! I guess I don't see a purpose for doing the restricted eating and implemented exercise.

The ankle gps is justified if the person resists an order given directly to them by the law in form of local police or State Police.

My high blood pressure is only controlled if I stay on the meds and keep my weight down so I guess there's my motivation. At least so far I'm busy so that helps! I look at the beautiful sunny day outside and ponder whether I should start adding walks. Wish I had a dog to borrow to walk!
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »
    4ew4dv261srr.png

Oh, that SO funny!!
  • mdubbs1
    WOW!

Did the orange cheeto really think this wouldn't come out or that his lemmings wouldn't care?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-stake-company-hydroxychloroquine_n_5e8c41d7c5b6e1d10a696280
  • mdubbs1
    It's getting harder and harder to get certain groceries.

It just occurred to me that it's probably daggone near impossible to get ice cream. Not a bad thing I guess.
  • mdubbs1
    f3h6bhm3ebkm.png
  • Helene610
    I’m sure he’ll be saying he didn’t know he and his family owned shares in the company that anti malaria Drug. He so good at I didn’t know or it wasn’t me. I guess he missed the life lessons on admitting mistakes, saying your sorry and making things right.
  • mdubbs1
    Maryland is looking to rent an ice rink as a temporary morgue. You can't make this stuff up.

Mark my word, our governor will be running for president in 4 years. I find that far less upsetting now than I would have even 4 weeks ago (although I still wouldn't vote for him).
  • mdubbs1
    6bgd23ps6bv7.png
  • mdubbs1
    President Trump: "I think mail-in voting is horrible, it's corrupt."

Reporter: "You voted by mail in Florida's election last month, didn't you?"

Trump: "Sure. I can vote by mail"

Reporter: "How do you reconcile with that?"

Trump: "Because I'm allowed to."
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    😡
    mdubbs1 wrote: »
    President Trump: "I think mail-in voting is horrible, it's corrupt."

Reporter: "You voted by mail in Florida's election last month, didn't you?"

Trump: "Sure. I can vote by mail"

Reporter: "How do you reconcile with that?"

Trump: "Because I'm allowed to."

😡😡😡
  • PamS53
    I’ve been running a fever up to 100.4 and feeling very achy today. No coughing or sinus issues, but my tummy isn’t feeling quite right. I’ll take some Tylenol tonight and reassess in the morning. DH will be sleeping in the guest room. I’ve only left the house once in the last 10 days and on that trip I didn’t come within 50 feet of anyone, so I don’t know how I could have gotten infected if this is more than just my imagination. My only guess would be from touching mail or a package that was contaminated, but that’s a long shot, I think. I will give an update tomorrow.
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    I’ve been running a fever up to 100.4 and feeling very achy today. No coughing or sinus issues, but my tummy isn’t feeling quite right. I’ll take some Tylenol tonight and reassess in the morning. DH will be sleeping in the guest room. I’ve only left the house once in the last 10 days and on that trip I didn’t come within 50 feet of anyone, so I don’t know how I could have gotten infected if this is more than just my imagination. My only guess would be from touching mail or a package that was contaminated, but that’s a long shot, I think. I will give an update tomorrow.

Oh, Pam, please feel better!!!
  • KonaKat
    Pam--Definitely feel better.

i0sxnlsmrzy6.png
  • PamS53
    Today my temperature is back to normal and I feel fine. No symptoms of any kind. I’ll keep monitoring my temperature. Our pollen counts are very high right now so it might have been allergy related. My SIL, who is an RN, thought possibly a 24 hour bug of some kind, though I can’t imagine where I would have gotten that since I haven’t been in contact with anyone but DH in the last 2 weeks. Who knows? I’m just glad to be feeling better today.