2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    Obviously the hospital of choice in this area is Hopkins and it's right downtown.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    edited April 2020
    We’ve been seeing commercials from auto insurers saying claims are down because people are driving less. So they are returning some money to customers at a time they could use it. All State is one of the companies. I wonder if others will follow suit.I got an email from our electric company too. I assume it must be because the drop in oil prices. It’s costing them less to produce power so they’ll be doing a credit for customers on the May or June bills.
  • Helene610
    We have 4 hospitals within 20 miles as well as a specialized children’s hospital. They are all part of Lee Healthcare System. Lee is the name of the county. If I was on the Cape, I’d have a choice of two small hospitals. Both are very good but they quickly be at capacity because of the small size.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    norc3mzt09ip.png
  • KonaKat
    I got an email from my car insurance. I will be getting a one time $50 credit on my next statement.

All the grocery pick up hours were booked for the next 7 days at the two Super Walmarts in the city. I might stay up to Midnight to see if I can get a time for another day. The other option would be Aldi's but I haven't been in one in years. That one was small and very disorganized but I understand that has changed. The Krogers in the city wasn't the best when I was last in it and was located in an inconvenient location for me.
  • KonaKat
    r5xwzqj7im29.png
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    We have many hospitals in the area and are about 3 miles from 2 large ones. Farther away there are several teaching hospitals and several other hospitals, so there is no shortage of them for us. Hopefully we will not need any of their beds.
  • PamS53
    From an anonymous UPS delivery driver...

5 types of customers since the “rona”:

1) Steve:

He has been waiting for this moment his whole life. He has been drinking boilermakers since 10:00 am in his recliner and his AR is within arms reach. He has 6 months provisions in the basement and a bug out bag due west buried in the woods. Steve demands a handshake as I give him his package. He’s sizing me up as I deliver his ammo.

Steve will survive this, and he will kill you if he needs to.

2) Brad:

He is standing at his window wearing skinny jeans and a Patagonia t-shirt. He is mad because there were no organic tomatoes at Whole Foods today. He points at the ground where he has taped a 6 ft no go zone line from his porch. I leave his case of Fuji water, organic granola bites, and his new “Bernie Bro” hat at the tape.

Brad will not survive.
    Steve will probably eat him.

3) Nancy:

She has sprayed everything with Thieves oil. Bought all the Clorox wipes, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, meat, and bread from the local grocery chain. She has quarantined her kids and sprays them with a mixture of thieves, lavender, & mint essential oils daily. She has posted every link known to man about “The Rona” on her social media. She will spray you if you break the 6 ft rule. I will leave her yet another case of toilet paper.

She will last longer than Brad, but not Steve.

4) Karen:

She has called everybody and read them the latest news on “The Rona”. She asked for the manager at Food Lion, Walmart, Publix, McDonalds, Chi-Fil-A, and Vons all before noon demanding more toilet paper. Karen’s kids are currently faking “The Rona” to avoid her. I’m delivering “Hello kitchen” to her.

Karen will not survive longer than Brad.

5) Mary:

Is sitting in the swing watching her kids have a water balloon fight in the front yard as she is on her fourth glass of wine. She went to the store and bought 2 cases of pop tarts, 6 boxes of cereal, 8 bags of pizza rolls, And a 6 roll pack of toilet paper. There is a playlist of Bob Marley, Pink Floyd, and Post Malone playing in the background. I’m bringing her second shipment of 15 bottles of wine in 3 days.

Mary will survive and marry Steve.
    Together they will repopulate the earth.
    May God have mercy on us all.
  • PamS53
    edited April 2020
    ygic4zbv1167.jpeg

• PamS53
    1sfvzvujvakd.jpeg
  • mdubbs1
    Thanks for my first chuckles of the morning, guys!!

• KonaKat
    2qio571bbypk.png
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »
    2qio571bbypk.png

That could be me talking to DH.
  • mdubbs1
    5wfnvkyavu6r.png
  • mdubbs1
    yx88zsrwdwvi.png
  • KonaKat
    This is worth reading as we debate returning to "normal."

https://www.becomingminimalist.com/new-normal/
  • PamS53
    Oh my Gosh I couldn't stop Laughing!

WHAT RELIGION IS YOUR BRA?
    A man walked into the ladies department and shyly walked up to
    the woman behind the counter and said,
    'I'd like to buy a bra for my wife. '
    ' What type of bra?' asked the clerk.
    'Type?' inquires the man, 'There's more than one type?'
    ' Look around,' said the saleslady, as she showed a sea of bras in every shape, size, color and material imaginable.
    'Actually, even with all of this variety, there are really only four types of bras to choose from.'
    Relieved, the man asked about the types.
    The saleslady replied:
    'There are the Catholic, Salvation Army, Presbyterian, and the Baptist types.
    Which one would you prefer?'
    Now totally befuddled, the man asked about the differences between them.
    The Saleslady responded, 'It is all really quite simple.'
    The Catholic type supports the masses;
    The Salvation Army type lifts the fallen;
    The Presbyterian type keeps them staunch and upright;
    The Baptist type makes mountains out of molehills.
    Oh and
    Have you ever wondered why A, B, C, D, DD , E, F, G, and H are the letters used
    to define bra sizes?
    If you have wondered why, but couldn't figure out what the letters stood for, it is about time you became informed!
    {A} Almost Boobs.
    {B} Barely there.
    {C} Can't Complain.
    {D} Dang!
    {DD} Double dang!
    {E} Enormous!
    {F} Fake.
    {G} Get a Reduction.
    {H} Help me, I've fallen
    and I can't get up!
    Send this to all that will appreciate it!
    Oh...They forgot the German bra.
    Holtzemfromfloppen!!
    Hahahaha! 😄 😄 😄 😄
    ★¨`*•♫.•Pass it on!! Give someone else a reason to smile. ♫ ..•* ★
  • Helene610
    Pam, that is hilarious. I’d never seen that before. Thanks for the lodge.
  • mdubbs1
    Pam - good one!!
  • mdubbs1
    166phg0rtur2.png