2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    gegapnspjci1.png
  • mdubbs1
    c3pci0oug0rl.png
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Maryanne, the ecard was fun. I made it level 10 but didn’t win.
  • mdubbs1
    284j15vkxqry.png
  • mdubbs1
    Supposedly I'm getting an order from Aldi's today.

I just realized I should stop the world and make a list of the things I've been able to find and start inventorying them on paper so I have some feel for when to reorder. I have a master shopping list but it's not much help in these times when you can't find nearly everything.

I really miss my rotisserie chicken. I'd eat it a little bit at a time all week for protein when the stomach said "help". It just occurred to me I could cook some boneless thighs (I can be slow and don't immediately jump to "cook" when I'm used to "run to the store").

• mdubbs1
    Okay, my spreadsheet is started and pretty well filled in. I feel better organized.

I went back and looked when I started stocking up. It appears to me that I started around February 22. Ahem, orange cheeto and pals listen up, some of us aren't idiots.

Stray thought - the last time I saw most of my co-workers was last September. Wouldn't it be funny if the next time I saw them I was 40 pounds lighter but totally gray?
  • mdubbs1
    x7gaz3b8f6o1.png
  • mdubbs1
    n654f73puq47.png
  • mdubbs1
    cbxxt5trnqy8.png
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Maryanne, I loved the card too. So far, I’ve only made it to level 7.I’ll go back to it tomorrow and see how I do.

We have a nature sanctuary on the island. The beaches and parks in the area are all closed but it’s permitted to drive Wildlife Drive through the sanctuary. We did that today. We saw blue herons, commerants and ducks swimming around. I could feel my breathing slowing and getting deeper. It was the most relaxed I’ve been in days. We’ll go back another day with a camera and binoculars.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Happy Easter everyone! We were awakened early this morning by a thunderstorm, but it is now bright and sunny.

I went back and played the egg hunt again and made it to the end on my second attempt. It’s a fun little game, once I figured out how it worked.
  • mdubbs1
    Happy Easter!

I went to the storage unit this morning and was surprised to see cars at the church around the corner. I checked their website and apparently they were doing a drive-in church service using an FM transmitter.
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    Happy Easter everyone! We were awakened early this morning by a thunderstorm, but it is now bright and sunny.

I went back and played the egg hunt again and made it to the end on my second attempt. It’s a fun little game, once I figured out how it worked.

I've made it to level 10 but never QUITE to the end.
  • mdubbs1
    qm9xhfa6jrcp.png
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    I went back and played the egg game today. I was able to win it once.

Andreas Bocelli is doing a concert on UTube today at one o’clock. I’ll be watching it.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Happy Easter, everyone! For some reason, I slept exceptionally well and also didn't wake up at my usual almost 5am time. Instead, I got in 9 hours of sleep with only one time up to run to the bathroom.

I'm not saying that I'm having cabin fever, but I had to have something to look forward to. I booked a hotel with great reviews in Aruba for the first week of December. 100% refundable if cancelled two days in advance of planned check in date. If American ever cooperates, I will use that ticket amount toward the Aruba ticket. United cooperated quickly. I got my miles put back at no cost plus what I paid for fees and the more spacious Economy Plus on the same day I requested it. American is almost a week now.
  • KonaKat
    wfjbrg3yj72o.png
  • KonaKat
    I don't think I'm good at the egg game! It is smarter than I am.
  • mdubbs1
    My house smells like home. I made my mom's BBQ for dinner. I was surprised I had all the pieces (although her notes say she often made it without all the ingredients).

I enjoyed Andrea Bocelli on James Corden's special but I don't think I could handle an entire concert without knowing what he's singing. I guess I'm a plebeian.

I'm waiting to see if I get a food delivery tomorrow. I had to choose "flexible' which meant any time between last Wednesday and tomorrow. Of course we're supposed to have heavy rain and hail tomorrow. And if I get it - what will I get? It's getting tougher to keep the frig stocked.