2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    The Rules #15-25

s20mgebcgycf.png
  • KonaKat
    p6j03rdz5xvc.png
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Trevor Noah made a biting comment about Kellyanne Conway’s comment about Covid 19. She said there will probably be other versions by fall because we’re on #19 already. Apparently she didn’t know it was named Covid 19 because it first appeared in 2019. I guess she must have just pulled her head out of the sand so she didn’t know the origin of the name.
  • Helene610
    DH likes to watch the History Channel. Last night, he had on a show called Eating History. Two guys have collected very old and unique foods. They open the packages, smell it examine it and usually taste it. It was laugh out loud funny. If you need a laugh, try and episode or two on Demand. One of the items they tried was a forty year old bag of Fritos that a guy found in his garage and sent to them.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Those pics of LA really tell the story about how much pollution is generated by cars and manufacturing.

Maryanne, I’m sorry you’re feeling so anxious. Any idea what is triggering it, besides the obvious?

Jean, that’s great news that the airlines gave you full refunds. Hopefully, the hotel will be as generous as well.

Helene, I tried those crock pot liners once but didn’t have very good results. I don’t recall whether mine leaked or exactly what the issue was, but I remember that I didn’t like it. I usually just try to remember to spray my crock with cooking spray before the food goes in and rarely have any issues with clean up. Of course, DH usually does the clean up and he might have a different answer, lol!
  • KonaKat
    Helene: I had to explain to someone what the letters and number represented. I guess many are in the dark.
  • KonaKat
    Pam--I tried those crock pot liners but didn't have much success. I also pray lightly and have
    little cleanup.
  • Helene610
    I’m sure that’s true that many average people don’t know where the 19 comes from. But it seems reasonable that a spokesperson for the White House should be aware of the derivation of 19 so she’s not giving false information. She said on national TV that Covid 19 wasn’t Covid 1, but was the 19th version.
  • KonaKat
    Helene--What we once expected to be knowledgeable if coming from the White House is sadly no longer true many times. Reminds me of a principal we had once whose mission was to divide and conquer. He tried to convince all new teachers that those with experience knew little...and they worshiped every word where true or not, and never took time to check the information. They assumed a lot and were often wrong. How long does it take for a person in a responsible position to check info?

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    Jean - those "rules" are funny because they're so true.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    Trevor Noah made a biting comment about Kellyanne Conway’s comment about Covid 19. She said there will probably be other versions by fall because we’re on #19 already. Apparently she didn’t know it was named Covid 19 because it first appeared in 2019. I guess she must have just pulled her head out of the sand so she didn’t know the origin of the name.

Her husband's organization has, for the first time, endorsed a Democratic candidate for president. How are they still married????
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Helene: I had to explain to someone what the letters and number represented. I guess many are in the dark.

I confess I didn't know that the 19 was for 2019. Never paused long enough to wonder.
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »

Maryanne, I’m sorry you’re feeling so anxious. Any idea what is triggering it, besides the obvious?

My sister commented once in passing that I am lucky I missed the family anxiety curse. The truth is that most of the time I just suppress it better than the rest of them. I have no idea why it reared its ugly head yesterday.
  • mdubbs1
    For the first time ever I just used electronic filing to extend CROM's information return. I think it was $15 well spent. I know the site is legit because the IRS has helpfully listed all the legit sites on its own website! Since I'd probably pay $10 to send it certified mail, I figured it was worth it to not have to brave the post office.
  • mdubbs1
    Jean - those photos are amazing!
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    DH likes to watch the History Channel. Last night, he had on a show called Eating History. Two guys have collected very old and unique foods. They open the packages, smell it examine it and usually taste it. It was laugh out loud funny. If you need a laugh, try and episode or two on Demand. One of the items they tried was a forty year old bag of Fritos that a guy found in his garage and sent to them.

I was just googling how long I can keep mozarella balls. Daggone Amazon Fresh just today delivered some with use by dates of yesterday.

I don't want to be on that show. LOL!
  • mdubbs1
    Thank goodness our governor is listening to science and common sense and not other Republican governors or Trump or Fox News:

Wednesday, Gov. Larry Hogan announced that as of 7 a.m. Saturday, Marylanders are required to cover their faces when inside a retail establishment or using public transportation. He also said the state’s recovery phase would be heavily dependent on increases in Maryland’s testing capabilities, hospital surge capacity, supply of personal protective equipment and contact-tracing operations.
  • mdubbs1
    According to Vanity Fair, Fox News is “bracing for a litany of public-interest lawsuits and letters of condemnation for pedaling misinformation for weeks prior to coronavirus’s explosion in the U.S.”

We can only hope. DH made a comment the other day. His legalese was off but what he was referring to was the fact that the first amendment doesn't permit you to yell 'Fire" in a crowded theater. That's a pretty established legal principle. I'd like to see someone try to make that case against Fox news.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Maryanne, do you and your DH have masks? If my sister is caught up on her orders, I’m sure she would be happy to send you some if you need them.
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    Maryanne, do you and your DH have masks? If my sister is caught up on her orders, I’m sure she would be happy to send you some if you need them.

Thanks! Because DH is a medical person he actually has a supply so I think we're good. He even has some N95 masks but he doesn't think either one of us would be able to breathe very well in them.