2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    Colbert in his monologue:

Sorry, Chester. Reopening the country is not up to you, because you did not have the balls to shut the country down in the first place. You were the one who said you were just a cheerleader. You put yourself on the sidelines. Cheerleaders don’t get a Super Bowl trophy. In fact, they barely get paid. They’re just supposed to look good and spell words right, and you can’t do either!
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited April 2020
    It’s interesting what amazon considers to be a health related item. I ordered sleeves for my digital thermometer 2 weeks ago and still haven’t received them. I think they are due sometime next week.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    dxas3gafjz9z.png
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    It’s interesting what amazon considers to be a health related item. I ordered sleeves for my digital thermometer 2 weeks ago and still haven’t received them. I think they are due sometime next week.

Amazon is headed toward controlling the world. LOL!
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »
    dxas3gafjz9z.png

That could be DH and Sammy.
  • mdubbs1
    bcfn2zt8yq18.png
  • mdubbs1
    etonhvi0zlli.png
  • PamS53
    I’ve been trying to figure out a graduation gift for one of my nieces. She is graduating from college with her bachelor’s degree and plans to teach high school theater. She is 47, and has been working for this for a very long time, against many obstacles, so we are all very proud of her. My first thought was a nice leather tote bag since I know teachers are always hauling a lot of stuff back and forth to class. However, I had asked her mom about it a couple of months ago, along with a couple of other ideas I had. We didn’t talk about it again for awhile, and then she informed me that she had ordered the tote bag for her as their gift. While I’m glad she’s getting the bag she wanted, I’m a bit annoyed that my sister took my idea and used it. So I consulted a couple of my friends who are teachers and they gave me a different idea. I actually think it’s something she will love. I’m getting her a bar stool height director’s chair with her name embroidered on the back of it. I have some other smaller things like a coffee mug and a small canvas tote bag that I will add and probably a gift card she can use to purchase supplies. Hopefully she will enjoy using all of these things.

I also need to find a high school graduation gift for her son, but he should be a lot easier.
  • mdubbs1
    Pam - you put a lot of thought into it which I'm sure she'll realize and appreciate! It's always great to finally reach a long held dream - good for her!
  • KonaKat
    toru099unqyh.png
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    mdubbs1 wrote: »
    I lost zero weight last week. No cheating or anything so I guess it's a stall.

I went to amazon to order some more of those steam in bags. I need to slow down and read when I order online. I now have HUGE bags of broccoli and green beans instead of the single serve bags I thought I was ordering. Totally my fault. I have enough bags for now but thought I should order since almost everything is coming mid May now. Well, guess what, those bags are apparently essential in Jeff Bezo's humble opinion.
    Break down the bags into smaller amounts so you only have to pull out what you need. I made chicken soup yesterday and beef stew two days before. I have one more crock pot liner left. I’ll have to check my local store to see if they sell them. I got the current batch at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I won’t be going there any time soon.

• Helene610
    I can’t believe your sister took your graduation gift idea. It would be different if she’d asked you if she could use your idea. Is it possible she forgot where she heard the idea for the tote bag. The director’s chair sounds like a lovely gift and it actually more original than a tote bag.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    mdubbs1 wrote: »
    I lost zero weight last week. No cheating or anything so I guess it's a stall.

I went to amazon to order some more of those steam in bags. I need to slow down and read when I order online. I now have HUGE bags of broccoli and green beans instead of the single serve bags I thought I was ordering. Totally my fault. I have enough bags for now but thought I should order since almost everything is coming mid May now. Well, guess what, those bags are apparently essential in Jeff Bezo's humble opinion.
    Break down the bags into smaller amounts so you only have to pull out what you need. I made chicken soup yesterday and beef stew two days before. I have one more crock pot liner left. I’ll have to check my local store to see if they sell them. I got the current batch at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I won’t be going there any time soon.

That's what I'm doing. Can' freeze any because I'm totally out of freezer space. But I think I can get it all eaten by the "use by" dates.
  • mdubbs1
    I got two headbands from amazon. One is too tight. The other I like. I tried pulling all out my hair back into the headband and hated it! So I got out my scissors and trimmed my own bangs. Heaven knows I've seen Julie do it for 30 years (give or take) and she doesn't exactly take a lot of time doing it.
  • Helene610
    I mentioned I cut my bangs about two weeks ago. When I wash it and blow it dry, it looks pretty good. I don’t think anyone can tell I cut it myself. When the rest of it needs trimming, that’s another story.
  • PamS53
    I’ve never had much luck wearing headbands. They always give me a headache if they are tight enough to stay on my head, but most are too big for me. I can’t keep an adult woman’s hat on my head either because they are also too big for me.

It’s possible my sister did forget that the tote bag was my idea. She often forgets that she’s told me things before and repeats the story, and it had been a couple of months since we had talked about graduation gifts. In the end, I really think my niece will love what I’m getting her, and it is actually about half the cost of the tote bag, so I guess I’m coming out ahead on the deal. For graduation gifts or wedding gifts I like to find something that’s more personal than a gift card or money, although I know most people like to get those. Especially for a family member, though, I like to give something they will have for a long time and hopefully remember where they got it when they do use it.
  • KonaKat
    Headbands? I ordered some from Amazon after Maryanne mentioned it, but I think I'll be like Pam and never use them. I despise something on my head.

Haircuts? My hair isn't growing as fast as it usually does or perhaps it is wishful thinking. I could be tempted to trim it to get it out of my eyes when it gets to that point.

Food? I wonder how scarce it will become based upon the scare caused by the closing of that plant infected by the virus.

I have a cardiology appointment for Monday. They called today and said it would be conducted by phone. I sent them an EKG strip from my home machine, along with my current vitals, as well as those measured at the Primary's appointment in early March. My arm is really screaming tonight, so I can't wait to see the ortho. I have the MRI results so the question will be what lies ahead?
  • KonaKat
    Good morning. It is a beautiful, sunny day. I am having instant oatmeal in the apple/cinnamon flavor for breakfast. My accounts are looking good. The refunds from United and American airlines hit my credit card. Now, I just have to do a "wait and see" about the prepaid Australian hotel where we got fabulous digs overlooking the Harbour for the price of a simple hotel room with a city view. I think they are going to let me rebook it for a later time but are considering a refund but I have to wait until later to contact them.
  • mdubbs1
    I'm up but can't say I'm raring to go. For some reason my anxiety is really high the last 24 hours or so.
  • KonaKat
    The Rules #1-14

3r1n7h21sw2g.png