2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    zgb11q3gmzn9.jpeg
    The Coronalisa
  • PamS53
    562higemnz5g.jpeg
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    Ahhhhh.....

She drives from the Danish side, in her Toyota Yaris.

He cycles from the German side, on his electric bike.

She brings the coffee and the table, he the chairs and the schnapps.

Then they sit down on either side of the border, a yard or two apart.

And that is how two octogenarian lovers have kept their romance alive despite the closure of the border that falls between his home in the very north of Germany and hers in the very south of Denmark.

Every day since the police shut the border to contain the virus, Karsten Tüchsen Hansen, an 89-year-old retired farmer, and Inga Rasmussen, an 85-year-old former caterer, have met at the Mollehusvej border crossing to chat, joke and drink, while maintaining a modicum of social distance.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    On another note, my vertigo is back. This is the fourth time in five years or more. The last time was last fall. My chiropractor was able to do the Epley maneuver on me. It’s meant to reposition the crystals in the inner ear. It took about 3 sessions and it was gone. In each incident, Epley worked for me. In present circumstances, I can’t see a doctor so I’m on my own. I looked up how to do the maneuver at home and tried it yesterday. I haven’t seem any effect yet but it usually takes several treatments. Thankfully, this is a milder bout. It kicks in when I roll over in bed. I find if I close my eyes and lie still, the dizziness passes. Of course, if I roll over again, the process repeats. I have to remind myself, this is small stuff compared to what the virus is doing to people.

Well daggone it!

Hopefully your efforts will succeed!!
  • mdubbs1
    Jean - I'm glad your cardiologist was satisfied! Here's hoping the arm pain stays at a dull roar for now.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    PamS53 wrote: »
    562higemnz5g.jpeg
    Who knew dogs were Democrats and cats were Republicans. Unless some of the cats are Independents. Thanks for the laugh. Love Coronalisa too.

• mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    562higemnz5g.jpeg

Love it!

Helene - MY cats are democrats if they want to live here!
  • mdubbs1
    Pam - that Mona Lisa looks like me. Someone wanted me on a video conference tomorrow. I've NEVER done video conferences. I do NOT see the point when a phone conference will suffice (I work at home after all). And I'm SURE not starting now!
  • Helene610
    But your cats have been educated. They’ve been listening to the scientists and not the orange cheeto.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    I love Caronalisa!! I have decided to let my hair go to whatever its natural color is; I think it will be shades of gray just like my mother's.

I have never done a video conference and I have no plans to do so.
  • Helene610
    Maryanne, by the time the hair salons open again, your hair might be that long. I’ll probably trim my bangs for the second time next week. I didn’t do too bad the first time and they are starting to grow over my eyes again.
  • PamS53
    I’ve done a couple of FaceTime happy hours and a Zoom birthday party recently, but I wouldn’t want to try to conduct business that way. Very difficult to hear everyone, especially if the group is more than a few people, plus distracting with each person getting highlighted when they speak, which makes the display constantly move around.
  • mdubbs1
    edited April 2020
    There is SO much on the internet about everyone working at home and doing video conferences. I've worked at home 10 years and have never once done a video conference. I don't see what it adds. If anything, I think it's better when people just talk because then there's no bias pro or con based on looks.

I do sometimes work into the conversation that I've been doing this 40 years so they know I'm not a beginner.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    But your cats have been educated. They’ve been listening to the scientists and not the orange cheeto.

This is true!!
  • KonaKat
    ppc3832aoxh0.png
  • KonaKat
    I made a quick run to the city yesterday to pick up an item from Lowes and more importantly a reuben and a salad from Arby's. I love their reubens and haven't had one in two months.

If you need hand sanitizer, a company in our state is selling it now. It is a 7.5oz size and is cheaper than many competitor but still higher than what sanitizer was in the good old days.
    https://mountaineersoapcompany.com/products/hand-sanitizer-with-aloe-and-vitamin-e?_pos=1&_sid=36e962c37&_ss=r

I ordered yesterday and they will be shipping today.

• mdubbs1
    edited April 2020
    <whining mode on>I am already sick and tired of ordering groceries online. It's so time consuming. And expensive. And you can't check expiration dates or quality. If we weren't so swamped at work maybe it wouldn't be so bad. And as DH keeps saying we're the lucky ones. Of course his contribution to all this is saying things like "why is my head of lettuce so sparse?" or "I don't like this chicken salad." <whining mode off>

Below this box as I type is an ad for a bidet - the new alternative to toilet paper!
  • mdubbs1
    dooyc7u2ixel.png
  • mdubbs1
    t0lmaitjli50.png
  • mdubbs1
    DH has apparently been digging around in old pictures. The two of us around 1969:

33k9hjiq34oh.png