2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    Pam - good one!

After trimming my bangs twice now, they don't look too bad (I don't think).

Still can't decide if I want to risk coloring my hair at home or just letting it go silver. I'm such a klutz at do it yourself that I'm envisioning hair color everywhere.

What I have done is identify the product I think I'd use if I decided to risk it. But that's all the farther I've gotten.
  • mdubbs1
    edited May 2020
    It's 46 degrees outside here. I have a whole foods order coming today and a giant (supermarket) order coming tomorrow. I really do hate this and it's so time consuming. Every time I check my giant order something else is out of stock. Whole Foods lets it be a surprise.

I like the ones where I can adjust the order almost up to the end. I do wish, though, that they'd let you put in a percentage for the tip. How hard could that be to program???

The grocery stores I went by while feeding today had quite busy parking lots.

I suddenly remembered Livesmart (Schwann's) as I was driving to the colonies today. Almost everything on their website says "coming soon".

Once we get the new freezer, I may do a smallish NS frozen order.
  • mdubbs1
    Have you seen the clip of the orange cheeto puzzling over how someone can test negative one day and positive the next? He truly is a science ignoramus isn't he?

All the tests they're wasting on that administration. Geesh!
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    You could always try one of those rinse in bold colors. I’ve seen photos of some celebs who done pink, green, blue or purple hair. If you don’t like it, it washes out. A lot of teens use it. Don’t ask me what it’s called or where you buy it. I’m pretty gray in front and darker in the back. I like the way it looks when my haircut is up to date. I’m at the stage where my hair looks flat because it’s too long for me. I’ve also cut my bangs twice and it didn’t look bad. I’m not brave enough to cut the rest of it. If I still colored my hair, I’d consider doing a wash in color to see how it looked. I saw Rep. DeLauro on the news the other day.She represents my old state, CT. She’s my vintage and she had purple tipped hair. I don’t know if that’s her usual style or if it’s Covid hair.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    I had to send that meme to my hair stylist. We are trying to grown the hair out, so when she finsihed the cut, she said one more trim would reveal 100% silver. I guess I will get used to it. It will be less expensive to maintain and a plus in dealing with the threats of a second wave when the first one is still washing the nation.
  • Helene610
    I’ve never regretted letting my hair turn natural. I still have enough of the darker color that it looks more like highlights. The interesting think is I had mousy brown hair when I was younger. Now the non grey hairs look much darker. To me, it looks almost black. My dad had black hair so it makes me think of him. I like the look much more than the color I was born with and it’s free. The only maintenance required is a haircut every 4-5 weeks. Of course now, I’m probably 8 or 9 weeks since my last haircut. Salons are reopening Monday but I think I’ll wait a while before going into one.
  • mdubbs1
    There are apparently face masks for sale on the Trump campaign web site.

Campaign manager wearing one:

82ihjcscp9ax.png

I simply have no words.
  • mdubbs1
  • mdubbs1
    I made my mom's BBQ for dinner tonight. Just smelling it makes me think of her.

It's not the only one of her recipes I have but it's the only one in my skill set!
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    I can't believe wearing any political face mask, especially this one.
  • Helene610
    I’d have to add the circle with the slash to that face mask. NOT Trump or Pence. That would my improvement to that mask. I’ll bet they’re selling them for beau coup bunks. Or maybe big donors get one free.
  • Helene610
    You probably Guedes that should have been bucks not bunks. LOL
  • mdubbs1
    I'm not about to go to their website to look at the cost. I've already gotten one robo call and one fund raising email from the idiot's campaign.

Just had an email from my best friend that she misses seeing me. Me, too. But the current administration seems to be willing to sacrifice those of us who are older folks with underlying health conditions. They've totally squandered the last 8 weeks or so of sacrifice everyone has made.

Emailed my sibs (I have one sister and two brothers - all younger) about celebrating mother's day by making mom's BBQ recipe and two of them already asked for the recipe. The two that are actually skilled chefs. So I apparently have something of value they don't have. Hee hee...

Interestingly DH is so easy to please he was fine with Sunday dinner being BBQ.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    My nephew really knocked it out of the park yesterday for his wife and his mom. He cooked dinner for them. The menu was grilled lobster tails, seared scallops over risotto, and roasted Brussels sprouts. Oh, and homemade chocolate lava cakes with chocolate ice cream. DH is totally annoyed with him because it made him look bad, by contrast. I’m not a mother so I had no expectations of anything special yesterday, but DH better step it up for my next birthday, lol!
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    My nephew really knocked it out of the park yesterday for his wife and his mom. He cooked dinner for them. The menu was grilled lobster tails, seared scallops over risotto, and roasted Brussels sprouts. Oh, and homemade chocolate lava cakes with chocolate ice cream. DH is totally annoyed with him because it made him look bad, by contrast. I’m not a mother so I had no expectations of anything special yesterday, but DH better step it up for my next birthday, lol!

Oh, now I'm hungry for lobster!

You're right; he did good!
  • PamS53
    edited May 2020
    6maahln48qj7.jpeg
    1l0sbe9c054s.jpeg
  • mdubbs1
    edited May 2020
    Okay, that just looks luscious!!!

I don't have any nieces or nephews - wouldn't mind having one that could cook!
  • mdubbs1
    I dug out an ancient loose leaf recipe notebook I made decades ago, looking for mom's recipe because I remember it had a note on it and I wanted to pass it along to the sibs. I had forgotten I had it and several others in her handwriting. Scanned the BBQ recipe for my sibs and offered to scan the others, including a peach custard pie recipe that our town doctor gave my mom's mother when she came to help out after my baby brother was born. Ah, small town America!! LOL!!

I see I actually had a recipe for perfect piecrust. Ha ha........

• PamS53
    My nephew really is an impressive young man. In addition to being extremely smart, he is a wonderful husband, father, son and friend. He is an only child and so is his wife, but neither exhibits any of the typical self-centeredness that you often see in only children. Im very proud of him, if you can’t tell, lol.
  • mdubbs1
    I lost a whopping 1/2 pound last week. At least it's a loss!

dbd3tgxdftzh.png