WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Also, dogs...because dogs really do cheer us up in times like these.

Shelby is my dog Xavy's best friend. She lives down the street and is truly depressed because they can't see each other as often as usual. We normally take one or two walks together and the adults have tea a few times a week. They even have sleepovers. For real.

A photographer in our neighbourhood is doing a project on families in the time of Covid-19. He takes family portraits with a long lens of people on front porches or through their front window. He took some of Xavy and Shelby.

First, you see Shelby in her window*. This is exactly how she looks when she's looking for Xavy.

The second is her actually flying through the air because she's so excited to see him.

The third is Xavy. I like the light. He needs a haircut but don't we all.

*No window cleaners in the time of Covid-19. It's very early spring here in Canada.

oslmvx99h6h6.jpg
    rx80dpvic3fe.jpg
    l9ynpxwwpb46.jpg

p.s. If I shared this already, I apologize for my amnesia in these stressful times. If you like dog pics, twice doesn't matter. :blush:
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    xopo29vbd85t.jpeg

He is always keeping an eye on me😀

He has a very cool-hand look about him. :blush:
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    @sleepymom5 I think the doctor was as surprised as I was, and it took me several days to get the diagnosis into perspective. I asked one of the radiologists who did my biopsy what are the usual symptoms to look for and he said there aren't any. I feel so lucky to have found this cancer as early as we did. With one chemo treatment done, 5 more to go, I am still feeling great, better appetite, no nausea, some dizziness and that's it. Can hardly wait to see the doctor next week to hear what she thinks! The chemo nurse was surprised at how fast I have been tracked into the system. I saw the oncology surgeon only three days after diagnosis then the oncologist a week later. Within one month I had all the tests and the first treatment.

I am very glad to hear Jim is getting better.

You are inspiring!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    JillyBT wrote: »
    Everyday has its positives and negatives. I keep trying not to get to overwhelmed but it is impossible!

Call with my Dads dr was good, increasing his antidepressant medication. He’s been crying a lot and he is not a cryer. My mom is not recognizing him and she constantly tells him he is not her husband. They have been married for 55 years. He can’t understand why she says these things. And that is so sad bc he was a brilliant lawyer, graduated top of his class from Harvard Law.

The good today was I tried to get back into a routine and started getting up at my normal time and trying to exercise. Felt great today

Then found out one of my parents caregivers went to the hospital today to see if she has the COVID 19 virus. Regardless of her result I can’t have her back her for 2 weeks bc she was at a hospital .

Positive was getting to have dinner with my husband and 20 year old son

Jill, Thanks for your inspiration in spite of these heartbreaking times. Hugs and thanks to you.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    04/08 steps 10943
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 4/8
    Food: didn't track
    Water: not enough
    Exercise: 60 minute walk with my neighbor

Not a great day. Guess it's cabin fever from being home so much and getting bored spending so much time alone. Grateful we're still able to go outside for walks.

I didn't do much with my day. Cleaned a little, spent way too much time on my phone just to have something to distract me, checked in with a few people. My pastor did a Facebook live midweek check in, which was nice. He asked a lot of thought provoking questions for when we can do things and get together again like, how will we appreciate church and each other more? What does God have in store for us next? Will we be more bold in sharing our faith and personal story?How do you think we are going to change? Will our time spent together look different? How will we react to others? Have we been taking getting together with friends and family for granted?

The only exercise I felt like doing was walking with my neighbor.

Michigan's governor is supposed to have a briefing later today to say if she's going to extend the stay at home order. I wouldn't be surprised if she does, she's already been hinting at that.

• tryingagain5
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    I'm glad I didn't volunteer for now too. I haven't done well with my fruits and veggies for a while now. I need to get back to that but don't want to go to the store unless I have to so it will have to wait for now. Yes, the chocolate chips and peanut butter is definitely a slippery slope for me. I should have measured it out but didn't.

Prayers continue for your family.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @1theresamcvean
    So sorry about your cousin.
    Hope your mother gets better soon.
    Prayers for your family.

Sending you a virtual hug.

Loved the video, it was moving. Also, keep the dog pictures coming. They are so cute!

• tryingagain5
    Options
    @hope002
    You're probably right. I didn't check the sodium on the soup I had but they were lower in calories. I'll have to drink a lot of water to flush it out.😁

Even though it's snowing where you are, glad the sun is shining , that always helps. Where do you live?

The last few days in West Michigan have been warm enough for shorts and t-shirts, around 60 degrees. Today's high is only going to be mid 40's.
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Nstephenson01
    Week 2
    Thursday
    Pw: 171
    Cw: 168.8 💃
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @nstephenson01
    Thanks Nancy!

It was disappointing to see that on the scale, hopefully it was from the canned soups. I'm eating differently than normal because of eating whatever is in my pantry and freezer. I don't plan on going to the store until I have to. I think part of my issue is being home by myself and getting bored. Normally I'm doing so much and now, like everyone, I'm sitting around not doing much of anything.
    You're right, I do know what to do and shouldn't let all the uncertainty derail me. Thanks for the hug and pep talk. Hugs back to you and everyone else too. My trainer texted me yesterday and also gave me a pep talk. He even suggested that when I get bored to take a few laps around my living room. I do have a walking workout that can be done in your living room. It's walking, fast, slow and moderate pace with and without front and overhead punches, marching in place, high knees, lunges. I'm going to have to start doing workouts I can do without being on my phone so much.

Great job on the fruits and vegetables! I don't know much about intermittent fasting but hopefully you can do better with that today. Your hand needs to behave itself today!🤣No getting into a bag of M&M's or anything else without your brain's permission.🤣
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @GingerPwr
    Oh, so scary! Glad your husband is ok.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @nstephenson01
    Great loss Nancy!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Wednesday 4/8
    Food: didn't log, not sure...
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 60 minute walk, PT, stretching, strength

I am waiting for the nurse to call this morning. I hope he had a good night. Jim had a really good day so he may be off the ventilator in the next few days. He will still have a long road ahead of him which includes rehab but it will be so nice to have the ventilator behind him.

Me? I am back to snacking. I am throwing stuff out and more is coming. Today I am going to allow myself to have something tonight and not snack otherwise. I do well when I don't have stuff around so having all these extra treats around isn't good. I also am out of salad fixings. This is so weird not to just run out and get more. I am officially off lockdown tomorrow so I am making a list. I am going to shop once a week. I may have to go twice for produce but maybe I can coordinate with my family if they shop on a different day. We could pick up produce for each other so we can have fresh things. Nothing is really going to change not being on lock down but it will be nice not to have to depend on people anymore. I also would like to walk around the neighborhood instead of around the pool. Today is a rainy day and then it is supposed to get cold again. I am going to try to walk around the pool but if not, I will go into the basement to workout. Ok- hope everyone has a great day today!

@Cafelelia I tried to enter a few weights and will try to do an updated weigh ins. I appreciate that you have been carrying all workload here xoxo
    @GingerPwr Nice loss!! How scary about your husband. I am so happy that he is ok.
    @nstephenson01 Nice loss! Hello 160s!I haven't been good with the IF app but I can relate with having to reset it. That is why IF usually works for me with evening snacking. Did you get the pic of the moon? It was too cloudy here to see it.
    @hope002 I can't believe there are still places getting snow. It has been springlike here. You have been doing great during this quarantine! Looks like you had another good day.
    @pacsnc6 I hear the early diagnosis and treatment makes all the difference. Sounds like you have a good medical team. I was so afraid things were going to be put off with this virus but I am glad they were able to proceed. Some things can not be put on hold. xoxo
    @lennoncpa. Thank you xoxo. I just love Sunny too!
    @1theresamcvean I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. You have had a tough year. Hope your Mom is ok too. Hugs. Your video gave me chills. I love what song they were playing too. How beautiful that you all do that. Love the doggies too. Those pics are so cute and tell their little doggie friendship story.
    @tryingagain5 Your pastor was the one who dropped off the flowers too right? What a great guy. He is really doing his best to make sure that he gets your spiritual needs met. You are in a great church/parish. I love hearing that. I also think these days talking on the phone is a great way to connect with people so I would consider that self care. A 60 min walk is awesome too.

• nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in
    Food: 16:8 IF
    Water: OK, lost track but could have been better
    Exercise & steps: 2 dog walks; 13,064 steps

Busy day yesterday. Went grocery shopping for my neighbor and us. The store finally had toilet paper! Some shelves are looking a bit more normal but other items continue to be in short supply. I estimated about half of the people were wearing masks. I'm still tinkering with IF. Some days are easier than others. Very impressed with some of the fasts I see on here. We have two days of spring like weather and then snow is predicted on Saturday. Yuck...LOL Gotta get my day started. Take care everyone.

Love the dog pics @lennoncpa @1theresamcvean
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,448 Member
    Options
    7v0oke4hy48q.jpeg
    Thursday
    @ljdanny
    Friday
    @hope002
    @Cafelelia
    @lennoncpa
    @Sleepymom5
    @1theresamcvean
    @Fi45
    @srw32
    @KUMEcyclingteam
    Saturday
    @kirsten11872
    @Zumba_Luvah
    @timibotkin
    @brown6267

We have a few stragglers...if you posted, just let us know. I am just trying to get back in the swing of things.
    Monday
    @podperson1
    Tuesday
    @phoebe112476
    Wednesday
    @amsandos
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Week 2
    Thursday
    Pw 190.2
    Cw 190
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Scheduling and technical glitches continue with the online learning. I am all over the place with the kids trying understand it all. They both were able to submit some assignments yesterday, which felt like a triumph. I have not been planning, but have not been eating as much anyway. I am just going to give it a break through Easter weekend and start planning again after. I was able to get some Easter chocolates in advance and we are loosely organized for an in home celebration on Sunday. I am keeping up with my Spanish and Portuguese on Duolingo and it really is helping me avoid the news cycle.

@Sleepymom5 - So happy that Jim is doing better! Thanks so much for posting the weights!

@nstephenson01 - Fantastic loss and nice IF too!

@tryingagin5 - Yes, the sodium in those soups may have had something to do with the weight gain. You can try to up your water intake if you are eating more pantry items. How you are feeling is how we are all feeling. It is not easy, but keep focusing on those things that help you like the workouts, seeing your neighbours, walking and watching movies. Also post here any time you need more encouragement.

@1theresamcvean - I am so sorry about your cousin. I really hope that you mom is ok. Those doggy portraits are adorable and the 7:30 pm concert in your neighbourhood was so moving. We are banging pots which is not quite as melodic! Thanks for sharing is both were very uplifting!

@lennoncpa - That dog is just so cute, I love your photos!

@pacsnc - I am so happy that you feel well after this first treatment. Everything did happen really swiftly in your case and I hope that the treatments go by quickly and uneventfully too.

@hope002 - You are doing great with your IF and exercise. I hope that the snow melts soon!

• pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I am trying to stay positive. So I took a walk around the block, should have known better than to look around at the scenery. I tripped on the uneven sidewalk and scraped both hands. Guess I'll have to use wraps if I work on the cross stitch. Usually I watch where my feet are going; it's a pretty day out and I was enjoying the trees and flowers until . . . .
    It will heal and I am OK
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Long days at work
This discussion has been closed.